AWA MEC Chairman's Special Update

Oh BTW investigation underway as I type, if it's found that your MEC used ALPA funds to rent those buses and to pay for your bogus law suit it is really going to cost your pilots.

The buses I agreed upon, the belly dancing girls I know nothing about.

oopa!

The east has succeeded in creating quite a racket of noise and buying some time, yes. But, I believe that what the east has accomplished so far is a little lacking in anything "concrete", at least as of now.

There is still plenty of potential for more twists and turns, many of which could very well qualify as bizarre. Therefore I'd personally never presume to tell you anything with any certainty, and likewise, I'm not exactly taking any east generated threats to the bank either.

Your last sentence is entirely correct. As Mills Lane would say, "Lets get in on." All this posturing is getting kinda stale.

While I'd argue that "buying some time" amounts to a tactical victory against the Nic bit so far: It's currently Alpo that's intent on "buying some time". They've the Sword of Damocles via decert over their heads, and are stalling/tap dancing/etc whilst attempting to come up with some Alpo salvation measure(s).

"All this posturing is getting kinda stale." Agreed. The postings here are pretty much just "sport venting", but do provide some view into the psyches of "the other guys" for both sides to evaluate, and are at least amusing for us all.

The 500 figure represents only those who were able to break away and attend. You make huge, and frankly absurd suppositions via any assumption that "the other 2000+?" are somehow of totally opposite thoughts.

Assumptions don't end with a question mark. But I do take note of the fact that you're making assumptions.

Assumptions don't end with a question mark. But I do take note of the fact that you're making assumptions.

Ummm..then how can I be making assumptions if I ended them with ?

You may color your notions to suit your fantasies and taste. I work and speak with the "2000+" (actually more like 3000+)....you don't.

AWA320 used to refer to me as nosty. What a coincidence.

Welcome to the message board, you have opined a lot in 24 plus hours.

Not true I have always refered to you as Nos but never once have I ever called you "nosty"

"All this posturing is getting kinda stale." Agreed. The postings here are pretty much just "sport venting", but do provide some view into the psyches of "the other guys" for both sides to evaluate, and are at least amusing for us all.

No posturing and no sport venting East just something that your reps lack, truth and integrity. We don't lie to our pilots and we don't promise things we can't deliver and we certainly don't lead our pilots by the nose like sheep!!

What about that space positive LOU that's been sitting on a reps girlfriend desk for the past two months?? Would you like to know what else your shepards are keeping from you??

What about that space positive LOU that's been sitting on a reps girlfriend desk for the past two months?? Would you like to know what else your shepards are keeping from you??

Ummm...I'll just take this opportunity for another Dump Alpo NOW!!...if that gives you ANY clue as to how much I care as to what ANY "reps" do....sheesh.

"Fraternally"...You need help buddy.

Nicelandingcap quotes above.

He or she has a stapler in their icon. For those of you not familiar to the lingo of airline pilots, the stapler references mean you deserve to go to the bottom of the list regardless of your tenure.

It is considered childish behavior, saber rattling and generally immature to do this.

The America West pilots have a long history of drunks, nuts taken off of planes, ufo sightings and drug running. Facts to follow shortly.

nostradamas, you forgot to add SCABS to the long list

Even though this exchange of insults looks like fun I think I'll opt out. But I do have a question: since the AAA MEC's stated goal is overturning the Nicolau Award and ALPA will definitely not be doing so, what's the MEC's plan now? We know the radicals want to dump ALPA and it looks like they'll get their chance but I want to know what the MEC's plan is. They can't keep stalling the JNC talks indefinately because that's bad faith. Oh, and another question: what if the dump-ALPA campaign fails to win enough votes? What's the plan then? Enough talk: time for action.

Oh, and another question: what if the dump-ALPA campaign fails to win enough votes?

In such case, having gained full endorsement of ALPA past practice, they (Prater, his band, and all other pilots in the industry) will be fully and freely justified in ravishing the AAA pilots on a regular basis, at will, in perpetuity.

In my opinion, McIlvenna's letter was "third party" letter with the intended audience the East pilots. His objective was to try and influence the East pilots, but his motive has back fired. The East pilots are even angrier today than before judging from last night and today's email messages and AAA message board posts.

Thanks John, you 8-year longevity veteran. You have done more to further solidify the East pilots than any other action!

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Even though this exchange of insults looks like fun I think I'll opt out. But I do have a question: since the AAA MEC's stated goal is overturning the Nicolau Award and ALPA will definitely not be doing so, what's the MEC's plan now? We know the radicals want to dump ALPA and it looks like they'll get their chance but I want to know what the MEC's plan is. They can't keep stalling the JNC talks indefinately because that's bad faith. Oh, and another question: what if the dump-ALPA campaign fails to win enough votes? What's the plan then? Enough talk: time for action.

A couple of things, and they are just my opinion as the offical play book is not public to anyone. I don't think the AAA MEC has anything to do with the decert. attempt. We have a long history of guys moving on up to ALPA national, so I'm sure they wouldn't mess that up. I think while the lawsuit is playing out, the AAA MEC will look at the separtate operations idea. I personally don't think that is a good idea, it has a lot of pitfalls, but the AWA MEC is not willing to look at other ideas, so it may be the only one left if the lawsuit fails.

I wonder if Doug is sorry he didn't wrap up a joint contract before the award came out. I think if he had ALPA would have taken the easy road and sent the list to the company. The only reason they haven't is because they know we can legally drag a joint contract out for years, preventing "Taking it Back".

In my opinion, McIlvenna's letter was "third party" letter with the intended audience the East pilots. His objective was to try and influence the East pilots, but his motive has back fired. The East pilots are even angrier today than before judging from last night and today's email messages and AAA message board posts.

Thanks John, you 8-year longevity veteran. You have done more to further solidify the East pilots than any other action!

Regards,

USA320Pilot

He, and his counsel, absolutely, positively have kicked the crap out of the "Seasoned industry vets" on the East on the seniority issue the entire time. The lawsuit will be disposed of in short order, and that leaves decertification, which still won't change the Nicolau outcome.

Gee, 20+ years of stupid is still stupid, apparently.

In my opinion, McIlvenna's letter was "third party" letter with the intended audience the East pilots.

Well, if you would stop reading and then publicly posting things not directed to you and/or your group then maybe he wouldn't post things that you percieve directed to a third-party. Also, he did address the letter to "Fellow AWA Pilots."

In such case, having gained full endorsement of ALPA past practice, they (Prater, his band, and all other pilots in the industry) will be fully and freely justified in ravishing the AAA pilots on a regular basis, at will, in perpetuity.

In other words. Nothing will change.

Back