Bachmann Takes Heat From Veterans' Group for Proposing Benefits Cuts

Ms Tree

Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
I could have sworn someone on this board condemned Obama for some similar idea (that ended up not even being close to what was accused). I wonder if that same person will have to courage to voice outrage in this case. I am not going to hold my breath.
Conservative Rep. Michele Bachmann is taking heat from the nation's largest combat veterans' organization for proposing, as part of a broad list of spending cuts, a combination of reductions and caps in veterans' benefits.

Bachman a big hit with Vets

I could have sworn someone on this board condemned Obama for some similar idea (that ended up not even being close to what was accused). I wonder if that same person will have to courage to voice outrage in this case. I am not going to hold my breath.

Prove it furball. The difference between liberals, progressive (blindly carrying water for Obama) and conservatives/tea party types, is the latter actually demand their representatives answer for their actions. Its called independent thought and judgment. Something you libberals have always lacked. If any elected official does something that is against the will of the people then they have to answer for it, or the people will answer it for them with their vote.

Your argument would also carry some weight if Bachmann actually condemn Obama if he did the same in the past. But you cant, you just flail in the wind like always.

faceplant.jpg

OK.....OK..................You win Tree. You are the "Topic Starter Champion" !

Now give someone else a chance !

• Banned
OK.....OK..................You win Tree. You are the "Topic Starter Champion" !

Now give someone else a chance !

Knock your self out. I just post things I find interesting or that might stir a good debate. No one is stopping you from posting something.

Considering her vote on HCR 63, even though it was non-binding, she should be the last one to be proposing cuts for veterans. Maybe she could find the money from one of the many over budget or unneeded defense programs.

Funny, didn't some sitting black President do the same thing and tell the head of the VA take a hike?

I don't remember Him being persecuted.

Funny, didn't some sitting black President do the same thing and tell the head of the VA take a hike?

I don't remember Him being persecuted.

Will it make you feel better if i said it's wrong if the President proposes cuts in veternas benefits?

I could point out the same thing. Certain people go nuts if the president proposes something but are stangely silent if someone like Michelle bachmann does the same.

• Banned
And those same people also remain silent when a sitting president starts a war with out making sure the injured vets have some place to go where they can get treatment and not have to live with roaches ... just saying.

It's all politics. It's bad when your guy does it but OK when mine does. The response is always then same when an issue is brought up ... "but your guy did the same thing ~link here~ see!!!" as if that makes both actions better. Same BS, different day.

Back