Bad Weather? No Problem for Delta Air Lines, Inc.

as usual, DL was the first airline to report its financial and traffic stats for Feb but DL impressed Wall Street enough with its ability once again (did it January too) to retain revenue despite irregular ops to push DL stock to all time high levels of Market capitalization.

DL continues to have the highest Market value of any airline in the western hemisphere and one of the highest in the world.

from the article:

This stark discrepancy is yet another "proof point" that Delta is much better run than United. Delta's management team has reliably guided the company through every challenge it has faced, whereas United's management team has tried to explain away long stretches of underperformance with a litany of excuses.

IMO, this shows another huge value of the MSP/DTW hubs. With specific regard to winter WX, they have both the equipment & skill set to get things done. From a network perspective, when winter WX hits ATL or LGA, the customers can be quickly shifted to other routes overflying other hubs (and vice versa, of course). Same story when T-storm season comes.

Hey Chuck, I mean Spectator, I mean WT, lol.

Or shall I just say Sybil?

sybil.jpg

IMO, this shows another huge value of the MSP/DTW hubs. With specific regard to winter WX, they have both the equipment & skill set to get things done. From a network perspective, when winter WX hits ATL or LGA, the customers can be quickly shifted to other routes overflying other hubs (and vice versa, of course). Same story when T-storm season comes.
I have tipped the hat a number of times to how well DL has learned from NW in winter ops. You dissed my tip of the hat before, esp. regarding DL's ability to adapt it to ATL, a hub which is far larger than DTW and MSP combined.

DL learned alot from NW and from its own mistakes in the past.

DL's stakeholders benefit from DL's forward looking mindset which even Wall Street says sets them apart from other carriers which just make excuses instead of fixing problems.

Back