BAG WITH PAX?

ciel75

May 3, 2006
Can someone tell me what the rule is concerning checked luggage going on the airplane even if the pax is not on that flight. I had to non-rev this week and I had to beg the agent to get my checked bag off the flight that I was bumped off. This was in PHL on the express side. she told me my bag could travel without me because I was considered an employee(furloughed). was she correct?

Can someone tell me what the rule is concerning checked luggage going on the airplane even if the pax is not on that flight. I had to non-rev this week and I had to beg the agent to get my checked bag off the flight that I was bumped off. This was in PHL on the express side. she told me my bag could travel without me because I was considered an employee(furloughed). was she correct?
Yeah, it's happened to me a few times. No need to take the time (and possibly delay a flight) to get non-rev baggage off.

I suggest that you wait for another opinion about the bags, maybe it is the policy.
What are you talking about??? The original poster asked if it was normal to leave non-rev bags on a flight when that non-rev gets bumped. I stated it probably is, because it happened to me several times (in addition, many co-workers have told me that's policy). Then I stated my opinion that it's a good idea to do that. It's OK for you to state your opinion, but not OK for anyone else???

What are you talking about??? The original poster asked if it was normal to leave non-rev bags on a flight when that non-rev gets bumped. I stated it probably is, because it happened to me several times (in addition, many co-workers have told me that's policy). Then I stated my opinion that it's a good idea to do that. It's OK for you to state your opinion, but not OK for anyone else???

I am sorry I should have told them to wait for an educated opinion, not yours.

I am sorry I should have told them to wait for an educated opinion, not yours.

Y'all are bickering on 2 seperate threads. Can you just pick one.

Just saying, please don't drag me into it.

As for the bag, with 100% screening it isn't required to offload bags of those not making the flight. Often times it could lead to a delay trying to figure out which black 22 is yours.

Next time make sure they put the standby tags on. If used properly, those are supposed to be the last bags loaded, and then only after comfirmation from the gate. However, those don't always work too well.

Back