The Express In Phl

robbedagain

Veteran
Oct 13, 2003
well today had boarding passes for a flt to phf and then denied boarding as two other non rev got on who had less seniority than me. then went standby for the next flt back home which leaves phl at 1020 and the woman wouldnt even put me on depsite only 13 pax and roughly 35 to 40 bags with the restrictions being 28 and 45. go figure but i will be submitting a serious complaint and i will use the woman's name as I am mad as heck! she could have put me on and then at least fixed the computer later in order to get the flight out on time but instead she didnt want to do her job

Robbed, could you plz elaborate more with flt numbers,etc. I do not see any 1020am dept to phf from phl on Sat 22may. I am curious about this situation and my be able to provide more info for your complaint.

ok the 805 to phf had 2 empty seats but it "quickly filled up so i opted to take the 1020 back to abe it was flt 2576 originally it was full but only around 18 or so may be less got on the gate agent (if you want to call her that) decided that she was even going to attempt to put me on the flt back home and get rid of me. so i stood by for the 125p flt back to abe and then i decided to just drive home and i never told the agent to cancel me out due to her not being around

robbed: I got bumped off 2 flights out of Pit on Thurs. due to weight and balance. I waited 7 hours to get to my destination. :(

Robbed, I am sorry you had a bad experience in PHL trying to non-rev. There are alot of inside agent training issues in PHL which need addressed. Unfortuantely wt/bal issues are now more prevalent than before. I do think the agent should have tried to be a bit more accomodating to you as an employee. If any agent is not trying to give good customer service to an employee, then it will always spill over to our valued customers. In my book it always reverts back to a training issue.

My guess is that these flights were not on the CRJ 200 as I have been flying that airplane for over a yr and have only have to bump pax twice! I have taken over 20 J.S in that time frame and we have a load factor of around 75%. I am sick of you guys trying to make it seem like the RJ's (especally the 200) can't take a full load+. It is total B.S and needs to stop. If you don't by this then I will be happy to prove it. -Cape

Cape, quit your cryin'. This discussion is about an agent issue in PHL. It has nothing to do with your precious CRJ200. WHINER!

Capecod said:
My guess is that these flights were not on the CRJ 200 as I have been flying that airplane for over a yr and have only have to bump pax twice! I have taken over 20 J.S in that time frame and we have a load factor of around 75%. I am sick of you guys trying to make it seem like the RJ's (especally the 200) can't take a full load+. It is total B.S and needs to stop. If you don't by this then I will be happy to prove it. -Cape
On the average 1.5 hr flight (not 1.5 hr gate to gate but t/o to t/d time) the CRJ 200 can carry 50 pax and 75 bags with an average alt and PHL taxi fuel. This is a fact and happens every day. If you are a non rev and are trying to get on my flight please let me know and we will do everything within our power to make it happen. -Cape

Capecod said:
no this was the Dornier (i think that is how it is spelled) 328 turboprop was origianlly booked to 28 with teh bag to 43 i think and there were only roughly 13 or 18 pax. and about 40 or so bags, probably from the night before (as it usually is the case for the flight). i didnt have any checked bags so my question is why couldnt she be more polite and put me on and then do whatever she had to do? as for the CRJ-200, we have two a day to pit,an originator then a round trip in the afternoon and then a even terminator. the flts are usually 50 folks and roughly 80 bags. does the crj have a better weight and balance then the other planes?

CRJ is pretty good with weight as long as we don't have to carry lots of fuel for wx, THEN it gets a little tight, but not as bad as I thought it would be. The CRJ 700 is much better.

The CRJ 200 is only tight on full flights with short distance to fly. (i.e. DCA-PHL). They are then weight restricted on landing weight not on max gross. The Donier, and the Dash-8 for that matter, has this landing weight issue pop up more often since the FAA raised the average passenger weight to 190lbs.

Gr8ful4Jerry said:
The CRJ 200 is only tight on full flights with short distance to fly. (i.e. DCA-PHL). They are then weight restricted on landing weight not on max gross. The Donier, and the Dash-8 for that matter, has this landing weight issue pop up more often since the FAA raised the average passenger weight to 190lbs.
we have had our crjs go out full 50 and roughly 80-90 bags from abe to pit. i dont know if it is considered a short hop like dca-phl or dca pit but i wonder why this would be different than the dca-phl crj? also our dash and even frequently the Dornier 328 can take the full 37 and 32 respectively ont he phlly runs sometimes. what is difference between the two in loads comparison?

Piney, I guess I will reply to this. This is something that I feel many do not want to address or face, but Gate Agents/Ticket Agents are for the most part, very rude to Non-Revs. They really do notheing to accomidate their fellow co-workers.

This has been something that has floored me and staretled me all of the years that I have been an employee of U. The ticket people and the Gate people, have treated me very rudely and badly over the years. I come to the podium like a lamb. I am very respectivle, very nice and very patient. We are the low end of the totum pole. I beleive it is a power thing with most. It is very hurtful.

Many times, we have seats open and Non-revs trying to get on a flight. We as fellow employees should do our best to get these Non-revs on board so they can either get home or go on vacation. Many gate=agents do their ego thing. Many times I know of No\revs sitting in the boarding area, waiting for a seat. We have seats. They won't let them on. I know this happens a lot. I have been one of them.

One, would think, that as a unifies company, that we would look out after each other. This seldom happens with USAirways. How sad. :(

PineyBob said:
Why do some G/A seem to heve this "THNING" regarding Non-Rev's. Help me understand this please.
Beat's the heck out of me, but if it's any consolation to the U people, I experienced similar incidents at AA in my vast experience of 2 years and 10 months. Some agents seemed to act like the money for the non-rev passengers was coming straight out of their pockets. And, it's not like the non-revs were bumping revenue passengers.

A friend of mine had a similar experience at PHX just last week. He was non-revving in F/C from PHX to DFW because there were only 2 revenue passengers in F/C out of 14 seats. The agent treated him like dirt and made him wait until departure time before she would give him his boarding pass. The last revenue passenger had gone down the jetbridge over 10 minutes earlier. Made it look like the last minute door closing was my friend's fault.

Piney--

You know the theory that talks about hitting your dog after your boss yells at you? Same theory applies. I wish I could say that at my airline it's different, but except for my home station, it's pretty much as described by the other posters.

P.S. I'm in no way advocating hitting an animal! :lol:

Latest posts

Back