BAGGAGE HANDLERS THREAD

No the pilots have an MOU which gives them increases and lays the ground work for a joint contract, but they also gave up things.

Once again, you dont even know how to comprehend whats out there.

freedom... answer this why in the hell should we NOT spend too much time to get a new contract?? why do you support the twu? why are you sooo dam concerned about the company putting 1.05 an hr into the pension? if your that concerned about the 401k go to fidelity.com and sign up and they can do payroll deduction. secondly and what infuriates me as it does for most folks why the f..k would this corrupt mgmt go behind our backs to strike deals with the twu... as for voting for the current contract... you chose to vote out your coworkers just to get that flippin raise.. pathetic... if it comes to only the iam and the twu.... its my opin the iam would win given american's employees hatred of the twu just from some of the folks i used to speak too

First of all Robbed Again , i wouldn't be so bitter about our management giving our brothers and sisters an immediate raise ...

i want all of our AA brothers and sisters to know that i am HAPPY that you will be receiving a pay raise ..i bare you no ill will , and i am not bothered that it will take the rest of us a bit longer to join you at higher wages ..

Secondly Robbed Again ... i do not intend to get ROBBED AGAIN , by the IAMNPF ... that money that the company puts forth for my retirement is MINE .. it was negotiated on behalf of me by my union ...i feel that the IAM is wasting that money by forcing me to put it into the IAMNPF ...

We should strive for a Union that puts the best interests of it's member's first , and gives it's members the most choices ...

My ranting against the IAMNPF is simply to show our AA brothers and sisters that the IAM doesn't give us the kind of options that i and others are happy with in concerns to our retirement....

No the pilots have an MOU which gives them increases and lays the ground work for a joint contract, but they also gave up things.

Once again, you dont even know how to comprehend whats out there.

No , i was talking about when we first merged with US Air ... and if i recall wasn't one side of fleet able to do section six ? i remember a lot of talk about section six that and section six this ... but the company kept saying something about combined work groups before talks could take place ..

The east was not in section 6 negotiations, cant speak for the west, maybe P Rez can chime in.

No , i was talking about when we first merged with US Air ... and if i recall wasn't one side of fleet able to do section six ? i remember a lot of talk about section six that and section six this ... but the company kept saying something about combined work groups before talks could take place ..

Marvin...ur on that drunkin horse again leaning against the building.

First of all Robbed Again , i wouldn't be so bitter about our management giving our brothers and sisters an immediate raise ...

i want all of our AA brothers and sisters to know that i am HAPPY that you will be receiving a pay raise ..i bare you no ill will , and i am not bothered that it will take the rest of us a bit longer to join you at higher wages ..

Secondly Robbed Again ... i do not intend to get ROBBED AGAIN , by the IAMNPF ... that money that the company puts forth for my retirement is MINE .. it was negotiated on behalf of me by my union ...i feel that the IAM is wasting that money by forcing me to put it into the IAMNPF ...

We should strive for a Union that puts the best interests of it's member's first , and gives it's members the most choices ...

My ranting against the IAMNPF is simply to show our AA brothers and sisters that the IAM doesn't give us the kind of options that i and others are happy with in concerns to our retirement....
of course i would not expect anything less of you but to continue to vote for people to lose jobs. as for wage increases etc... i have a problem with the current mgmt going behind our backs to get back room deals with a totally differnt union a totally differ carrier that we now are mergin with again while all of our contracts have been up for yrs... there is absolutely no excuse for the current mgmt not to get tentative agreements with the rest of us... thirdly i sure as hell would rather vote for the iam vs the twu if it came down to the two unions only and i believe the vast majoritiy would also do that too..

Marvin...ur on that drunkin horse again leaning against the building.

you have so much time to read and snipe ... but you can't find the time to inform can you ?

Do you see the first page of this Baggage handler thread ....do you THINK i wanted to sit there and write and write and write and write ... hell my hands hurt after i finished that ..( ok , i do like to share LOL ! )

we need to leave our personal disagreements behind in the past and move forwards ...

The first thing we need to do is figure out between the two work groups , who has the better union .... because as i have said before , i am almost certain that US Airways management will not conclude contract talks with us until we combine into one work group ...

Let me put it to you like this .... Do we know how long it will take to conclude contract talks on JUST our US Airways contract ? it always seems like we're almost done when i read the union message board at work , but then we are never done ...

Every month that we spend ON OURSELVES ,is another month that we are NOT SPENDING getting a new contract for our AA brothers and sisters ...

I think in the best interests of solidarity , that we should put aside our US Airways talks , and focus on combining the work groups and then push ahead in joint talks ...

to be honest it doesn't even MATTER what i think ... the moment the AA guys start to think that the contest between which union is going to stay on property is being dragged out , they will OUTVOTE US , and then get rid of the IAM and push for combined contracts ...

It no longer matters that my US Air brothers and sisters would like to finish a new contract ... AA is bigger , they have more members , they will not want to waste time in talks with US Air for only one work group ... they will do what is in their own self interests , and we should recognize this fact right now rather than waste time .

you have so much time to read and snipe ... but you can't find the time to inform can you ?

Do you see the first page of this Baggage handler thread ....do you THINK i wanted to sit there and write and write and write and write ... hell my hands hurt after i finished that ..( ok , i do like to share LOL ! )

we need to leave our personal disagreements behind in the past and move forwards ...

The first thing we need to do is figure out between the two work groups , who has the better union .... because as i have said before , i am almost certain that US Airways management will not conclude contract talks with us until we combine into one work group ...

Let me put it to you like this .... Do we know how long it will take to conclude contract talks on JUST our US Airways contract ? it always seems like we're almost done when i read the union message board at work , but then we are never done ...

Every month that we spend ON OURSELVES ,is another month that we are NOT SPENDING getting a new contract for our AA brothers and sisters ...

I think in the best interests of solidarity , that we should put aside our US Airways talks , and focus on combining the work groups and then push ahead in joint talks ...

to be honest it doesn't even MATTER what i think ... the moment the AA guys start to think that the contest between which union is going to stay on property is being dragged out , they will OUTVOTE US , and then get rid of the IAM and push for combined contracts ...

It no longer matters that my US Air brothers and sisters would like to finish a new contract ... AA is bigger , they have more members , they will not want to waste time in talks with US Air for only one work group ... they will do what is in their own this self interests , and we should recognize this fact right now rather than waste time .
if it no longer matter to you about your usairways union bros n sisters then you need help.. the time this current egg headed mgmt spent just for a dam merger and striking deals with the aa unions.. they could have spent getting deals for us its a no wonder and no brainer the iam does not support the merger bec us mgmt has failed to negogiate in good faith. talk to some of the aa folks and id bet that the vast majority of them will tell you they would rather get rid of the twu i know bec i used to speak a lot of them before they lost their jobs... this mgmt showed that they could get a third tentative agreement with the f/as but of course they got the support of the flight crews for the merger and screwed the rest is that fair hell flippin no mgmt failed again you must be a company stooge judgin by what you post bec you post pro company crap

if it no longer matter to you about your usairways union bros n sisters then you need help.. the time this current egg headed mgmt spent just for a dam merger and striking deals with the aa unions.. they could have spent getting deals for us its a no wonder and no brainer the iam does not support the merger bec us mgmt has failed to negogiate in good faith. talk to some of the aa folks and id bet that the vast majority of them will tell you they would rather get rid of the twu i know bec i used to speak a lot of them before they lost their jobs... this mgmt showed that they could get a third tentative agreement with the f/as but of course they got the support of the flight crews for the merger and screwed the rest is that fair hell flippin no mgmt failed again you must be a company stooge judgin by what you post bec you post pro company crap

I am both PRO Union AND PRO Company ...I think that this merger will be good for US Airways employees and American Airline employee's .... I also think it will help to further job security ..

As to what your saying about not caring if our US Air brothers and sisters don't get a new contract ... of COURSE I would like for us to get a new contract ...but the problem is I don't know how long it will take us , nor do I know if the company will continue to conduct talks with us ...

Our AGC's know this better than I ..

but let me put it to you like this , we probably have as much time as until we are forced into a vote to decide between the IAM and TWU ....I know that our US Air members deserve a better contract than we have today ... and I want to see that better contract ...

but the AA guys have the numbers , and they aren't going to be as interested in waiting on a new contract so that we can first finish our talks ..

It no longer matters that my US Air brothers and sisters would like to finish a new contract ... AA is bigger , they have more members , they will not want to waste time in talks with US Air for only one work group ... they will do what is in their own self interests , and we should recognize this fact right now rather than waste time .

are you certain management won't conclude contract talks sort of like you were certain the economy was going to totally collapse and I believe wasn't it the company was going out of business? maybe you should stay out of the prediction business.

of course i would not expect anything less of you but to continue to vote for people to lose jobs. as for wage increases etc... i have a problem with the current mgmt going behind our backs to get back room deals with a totally differnt union a totally differ carrier that we now are mergin with again while all of our contracts have been up for yrs... there is absolutely no excuse for the current mgmt not to get tentative agreements with the rest of us... thirdly i sure as hell would rather vote for the iam vs the twu if it came down to the two unions only and i believe the vast majoritiy would also do that too..

So I see you are a believer that concessions saves jobs. The company loves people like you. If the TWU wins you would be very much at home with our ATD.

For a Century the labor movement rejected that great lie, now some embrace it as they sell out their members.

I once had a job that paid me well, I could pay my bills and even put a little away, I had 12 sick days per year that I could bank, 10 paid holidays where if I was forced to work it would add around 120 hours of pay per year to my income, I had 80 IOD days that would cover me if I was hurt at work, I had good medical benefits and many other favorable things such as a pension and retiree medical that would allow me to retire at 55, I lost that job, no I wasnt fired or laid off, too bad, at least if I was laid off I'd have something to go back to someday. I'm still at the same place but I no longer get paid a decent wage, no longer get 10 paid Holidays, no longer get 12 sick days or 80 IOD days or double time or paid lunch or OT for training off shift, or retiree medical and my pension was frozen. Sure I kept my seniority for what its worth, cant even use it for bidding promotions anymore, but the job I once had is defineately gone, it was given away under the scam that if we gave the company everything they wanted they would keep more of us here, even though we gave away all the things that brought us here in the first place.

Concesions do not save jobs, they simply destroy all of them but the Union still collects their dues.

You have a problem with management going behind your back and striking deals with AA workers, well you should, because it shows that management has ZERO respect for you guys. Well what have you done to deserve respect? Have you even asked to be released? Blame the NMB for not scheduling meetings? Well whats stopping the IAM from trying to meet with the company without the NMB? Whats stopping the IAM from holding demonstrations in front of both the NMB and USAIR HQ demanding a contract or at least moving forward in the process? You got a ton of guys in PHL and some in DCA, rent some busses and get them down to DC. If USAIR can strike a deal with employees of another airline why arent they meeting with you? The answer is clear, they do not care about you and they are confident that they can continue to ignore and abuse you and you will continue to bring in record profits for them, so who is really to blame here? Maybe you were robbed, but you never even put up a fight, you just handed it away. (Thank you sir may I have another)

You arent forced, if you dont want to belong to it, then go seek employment else where.

Isn't that a management line? When Union officials start to talk and think more like management instead of the workers you know the labor movement is in trouble.

I would have expected something better like "You are part of a union and the majority of your coworkers felt that this pension plan suited the needs of and provided the best security for the membership", if that was the truth of course,

When unions respond in such a way they leave out but in effect promote another option, "if you dont like it get a new union". Dont you guys have an IBT drive in place at USAIR?

By the way it is his money, its part of his compensation for the labor he sells to USAIR. Its deferred compensation but compensation none the less.The IAM collectively negotiates the pay but it is his pay, not the IAMs pay and its no longer the company's money once it goes innto the fund. I'm not debating whether its a good plan or not but the points you are making, "if you dont like it leave, its not your money, etc are off base.

BOB im simply putting that if it comes down to between the iam vs the twu given what ive been told and seen in their contracts our iam is much better than that.. im not saying that concessions save jobs you misread
simple fact is usairways mgmt had no business to go behind the backs of the iam and other union to get deals done with the exception of the f/as who are to vote on their third tentative agreement its a no brainer that the iam does not support the merger until the company settles with the unions

Why are the United workers REQIRING their company to fund the IAMNPF at 6% ? why not put more of that into their 401K's ?

Apparently, the membership at UA feels that's the preferable option...

I think that if the IAMNPF want's our business ... then the next time we sign up for healthcare , they need to come around like the other companies that are trying to push their 401K plans , and compete with them ... just because they have IAM in their name doesn't mean that I want to choose them over other options .. and my union shouldn't be deciding my retirement future for me ... that's not the kind of representation that I want .

What kind of representation do you want, exactly?

the past is gone now ......

...As are your coworkers that were thrown to the street when you voted "yes"...

BOB im simply putting that if it comes down to between the iam vs the twu given what ive been told and seen in their contracts our iam is much better than that.. im not saying that concessions save jobs you misread
simple fact is usairways mgmt had no business to go behind the backs of the iam and other union to get deals done with the exception of the f/as who are to vote on their third tentative agreement its a no brainer that the iam does not support the merger until the company settles with the unions

And its clear that management at USAIR has ZERO respect for the IAM and is going forward with the merger anyway. Record profits and the second worst contract in the industry, and we are talking worst by nickles and dimes here, we are talking worst by tens of thousands of dollars. The gap between US and AA from the top of the Industry(UPS) is roughly $50,000 a year (we were all around the same in 2002) , the gap between us an SWA roughly $25000/yr and the gap between us an post BK UAL and (non union) Delta is roughly $15000/yr. Delta just got another raise, the further we slip behind the less likely we will ever catch up. (We will never make up for the lost wages)

10 years,of massive concessions, the excuses are becoming more pathetic by the hour.

Latest posts

Back