Baggage Problems In Clt

Harry Callahan

Veteran
Sep 16, 2002
Your rearview mirror
Well tonight (Sat) they started 3 more island destinations out of CLT. I'm sure they will bragg on how suscessful it was. Well behind the scenes a total screw up. The news could've had a hayday of this. First of all bagroom nowhere near big enough to handle all this luggage. No where near enough help. Shifts total screw up. People getting off at 2030 when most of the last inbound bank from the islands not arrived. My guess on the last bank alone close to 1000 bags missed. Hundreds missed earlier. People who will never fly us again. Who is responsible for this kind of screw up ? Someone in CCY needs to wake up & see this can't be done . We were asked to adjust our schedules due to no last bank. Most of us did so leaving all the bags on the belt!

Finish or Ignore said:
The strategy that worked so well in PHL now coming to the Queen City!
[post="247595"][/post]​

Sounds like an entire corporation of lemmings running full bore to the edge of the cliff. If this portrayal of the operation is accurate...it should be an interesting Spring Break period on their system.

coachrowsey said:
Shifts total screw up.
[post="247590"][/post]​

Is this a prerequesite for being a manager at US? We started our new skd last Monday and , surprise, everyone at the counter scheduled off at 8pm on Saturday night even though we have a 905pm departure. They ended up paying overtime for someone to stay. Duh! :down:

The best part.. If the media didn't know about it all they have to do is
read this message board.. Wham the media knows..

Lakefield and his merry band of idiots couldn't route a Bag from Gate 1
to Gate 3 in the same City without losing it!!!

And the only people that will get blammed are the people on the floor
doing their best with nothing.. "Damn Unions, look what they did again,
we need to oursource"..

Who does that sound like? USA320 of course.

desertfox said:
Sounds like an entire corporation of lemmings running full bore to the edge of the cliff. If this portrayal of the operation is accurate...it should be an interesting Spring Break period on their system.
[post="247600"][/post]​

Based on what I saw last night with the loads "light" spring break may very well surpass PHL. It will be a mass f up for sure.

Query for anyone in baggage service....I work in res and pulled a claim that was a couple days old and it was indicated that the bags were located but were not delivered, so I called the delivery company(their ph nbr happened to be in PNR and they told me they had not been paid by USAirways but finally said they would deliver the bags. I'm curious, how does U arrange payment with the delivery company? Ex., does it depend on location or how many? Thanks

Back