Bailout Board May Have To Pull Plug On Us

Boy I wouldn't be betting any money on their survival. We'll read about them in the history books with other once great giants like Pan Am, Eastern, Western, Braniff, and TWA. And their will be others to follow you can bet on that. This is exactly what the airline industry has been needing for a VERY long time. As in the laws of nature, it will be the survival of the fittest. :up:

BoeingBoy:

RSA had $75 million and BOA $25 million of the at risk money, but both of those were paid down a few million when the guaranteed loans were paid down by $250 million.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot,

Thanks. They were actually paid down more than that. Of the top of my head, they got the prorated amount from the Hotwire sale ($20-some million total) and the July restructuring of the ATSB agreement ($5 million total).

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
One of those is RSA - I'd think Bronner would be pretty patient. The other is BofA (based in CLT). I can't remember if they split the $100 million non-guaranteed portion 50-50 or 75-25, and of course the prepayments made so far reduced that.

Jim
[post="181185"][/post]​

Those are the biggies, but what about suppliers that aren't getting paid for goods and services delivered in the month or so pre-BK? Layover hotels, delivery services for luggage, caterers. There's more to consider than just RSA and BofA--which if you think the fact that BofA being based in CLT cuts any slack for UAIR, you obviously ain't had to do business with them. They would sell their grandmas into slavery if it meant a profit. :rolleyes:

jimntx,

Sorry, that was my misunderstanding. I thought you were only talking about the lenders of the $1 Billion.

You are correct about the "small" creditors. For most, they individually are probably not big enough to tip the balance, but enough of them can add up to an operational problem that could make the difference.

Jim

Latest posts

Back