Bid 07-01 is out

algflyr

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
Bid 07-01 is out. 30 recalls. Appears only to cover Jan. Hopefully that means another will be out soon effective in Feb.

It also appears these are positions in other equipment and NOT the 190...

Bid 07-01 is out. 30 recalls. Appears only to cover Jan. Hopefully that means another will be out soon effective in Feb.

It also appears these are positions in other equipment and NOT the 190...

30 recalls. Head count minus 5. Down to 2423 active pilots.
Just covering attrition. No growth.

30 recalls. Head count minus 5. Down to 2423 active pilots.
Just covering attrition. No growth.

I agree. But at least they are covering the attrition, which is a change...

PERMANENT BID 07-01 DRIVERS:
Recall of 30 furloughed pilots
There will be a Six (6) month freeze lift to the E-190 equipment only. (Reference Pilots Agreement Page 24-9 Line 20)
The E-190 equipment bidding code is 45
Bid announcement will be published on the Hub under “Divisions\Operations\Flight Operations\Pilot Permanent Bids

Hey, that's great news! They're finally starting to recall for attrition. We don't even need growth with the attrition upcoming. A little would be nice though! B)

Yea, a one month bid really means they're not sure what to do and is stop gap till a decision is made. If you read the CBS message I believe every position (seat, equipment and domicile) is at 90 hours or flexed to 95 for November.

It was the same way back in 1998. It sorta looks like it'll work on paper but one snow storm crisis will trigger a massive recall .....

Yea, a one month bid really means they're not sure what to do and is stop gap till a decision is made. If you read the CBS message I believe every position (seat, equipment and domicile) is at 90 hours or flexed to 95 for November.

It was the same way back in 1998. It sorta looks like it'll work on paper but one snow storm crisis will trigger a massive recall .....

The reason U has not recalled many pilots is that our cap has gone from 85 to as much as 95 hours per month, and the pilots here bought into it. Were we to only fly 85 hours we would not have to wait for a natural calamity to have more recalled.

I'm ready for a raise.

The reason U has not recalled many pilots is that our cap has gone from 85 to as much as 95 hours per month, and the pilots here bought into it. Were we to only fly 85 hours we would not have to wait for a natural calamity to have more recalled.

I'm ready for a raise.

A pilot just has to fly the hrs.in his block, and that could be after SAP.

A pilot just has to fly the hrs.in his block, and that could be after SAP.

Reserves "must" fly to the cap, as much as 40% of the pilot group.

Rather than posting idiotic statements, why don't you post actual numbers? Posting a speculation is just that, a speculation. Afraid you are wrong, perhaps?

Who gives a hoot in hell about bids now anyways---fly 15 days a month and forget about it----after 22 yrs I had more people junior to me after my second year at PIA than NOW ---people junior to me are quitting all the time for other jobs--and was flying 12 day months-----YIKES---BACKWARDS all the time.

Back