Pilot Bid for Feb 07

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
I guess the MEC office hasn't removed me from the mailing list yet.....

There's a new pilot bid out for Feb:

- 40 recalls

- 5 more line pilot positions than Jan bid

- at first glance the gain seems to be more reserves here and there

Jim

- 40 recalls

Jim

Good Good Good!
Great Great Great! as Captain Phil Beeson would say.

- 40 recalls

Jim
Jim,
I hope you are enjoying retirement!

While recalls are always good news, a net loss of 75 positions with this bid are a bit of a downer. It would be nice to see a bid with increased pilot positions for a change ;)

Dorf

Jim,

While recalls are always good news, a net loss of 75 positions with this bid are a bit of a downer. It would be nice to see a bid with increased pilot positions for a change ;)

Dorf
How is there a reduction in 75 positions. Are they parking more planes?

• Banned
Jim,

Absolutely - I recommend it highly...

a net loss of 75 positions with this bid are a bit of a downer.

Dorf
Are we looking at the same bid??

The "headcount" goes up by 5 vs the Jan '07 bid - not much but better than anything we've seen for quite a while.

All the additional positions are reserve jobs, with a net gain of 1 reserve Capt and 4 reserve F/O position. The positions with changes are:

PIT 737 -2 res Cap
CLT 757D +2 res Cap
CLT 737 -2 res Cap / -2 res F/O
DCA 737 -1 res Cap / -1 res F/O
PHL 757D +5 res Cap / +5 res F/O
PHL 767I +2 res Cap / +2 res F/O
PHL 737 -5 res Cap
PHL 190 +2 res F/O

The number of primary lines remains the same as the Jan '07 bid in all positions.

As you can see, the 737 takes a hit losing 10 reserve Capt and 3 reserve F/O positions system wide. PHL is the only base gaining positions, gaining 11 jobs, while the 6 job loses are evenly split between PIT, CLT, & DCA with 2 each.

Jim

Absolutely - I recommend it highly...
Are we looking at the same bid??

The "headcount" goes up by 5 vs the Jan '07 bid - not much but better than anything we've seen for quite a while.
Jim
Jim,
I guess I should try retirement....it seems to clear the eyes and mind ;) I clicked on the wrong one...oops! Thanks for straightening me out! See, I feel better already knowing that there is an increase in positions! Enjoy your "vacation"!

Dorf

Question is...Did the letters sent out several weeks ago "state your intentions concerning recall" Were these sent out for this new February bid? Or is this for an additional 40 recalls.

• Banned
This should be additional recalls. 35 of the 40 are from replacing anticipated Feb attrition with 5 being extra reserve staffing here and there.

As for the letters, I have no idea whether those were for the last bid or in anticipation of this one. If they were sent "a few weeks ago", my guess would be that they were for the last bid since this one wouldn't have been finalized till a couple of days ago.

Jim

This should be additional recalls. 35 of the 40 are from replacing anticipated Feb attrition with 5 being extra reserve staffing here and there.

As for the letters, I have no idea whether those were for the last bid or in anticipation of this one. If they were sent "a few weeks ago", my guess would be that they were for the last bid since this one wouldn't have been finalized till a couple of days ago.

Jim
Jim, just received an E Mail from the powers that be. Your above statement was correct. These are additional recalls and expect more certified letters to be sent out. :)

• Banned
Talked with Resource Planning a little earlier this afternoon.....

Barring something unforeseen (like shrinkage of the non-E190 mainline fleet), there should be recalls in every forthcoming bid - at least till a combined contract/pilot integration occurs (after that the specifics of the combined contract could affect recalls).

No specific numbers, since that depends on several factors that aren't known in advance - early retirements, pilots transitioning to/from disability/"supervisory"/etc. But figure an average of 10 openings a month to be filled due to normal retirement (subject to change if the mandatory retirement is raised) plus additional staffing required on the E190's as they are delivered (the Jan & Feb bids staff the first 2-1/2 planes).

Jim

Talked with Resource Planning a little earlier this afternoon.....

Barring something unforeseen (like shrinkage of the non-E190 mainline fleet), there should be recalls in every forthcoming bid - at least till a combined contract/pilot integration occurs (after that the specifics of the combined contract could affect recalls).

No specific numbers, since that depends on several factors that aren't known in advance - early retirements, pilots transitioning to/from disability/"supervisory"/etc. But figure an average of 10 openings a month to be filled due to normal retirement (subject to change if the mandatory retirement is raised) plus additional staffing required on the E190's as they are delivered (the Jan & Feb bids staff the first 2-1/2 planes).

Thanks Jim for all the work you do for the less fortunate.You are truly a rare individual.

• Banned
Apparently I'm still on the MEC mailing list - just got the results of the bid.....

Openings remaining after all active pilots were awarded their choices (all F/O, of course):

DCA 737: 5
PHL 76I: 5
PHL 76D: 6
PHL 737: 11
PHL 319: 13
PHL 190: 3
LGA 319: 8
BOS 319: 2

I took my shoes and socks off to add those up - came up with 53 openings. I'm awaiting a reply from Resourse Planning on whether this means that there'll be more than 40 recalls.

And just got the reply while typing that.....

There were apparently 13 recalls from bid 07-01 (Jan '07) that haven't received training dates yet so will fill 13 of these open jobs. In other words, 13 of these openings are still to be filled by the previous recallees.

So still only 40 recalls as a result of this bid. That also means that 13 of the above jobs will not available to the new recallees and I have no idea which ones.

Jim

Back