"boeing, United, And The Windy City"

(would a face-to-face debate between NHBB and UKridge be more entertaining than reading their -- perhaps throw in busdrvr as the moderator....)

UA will never fly the new Boeing Dreamliner.

First 787 delivery scheduled for 2008.

UA has $6bil (approx) of unfunded pension obligations. The PBGC is not going to swallow this load and new money investors will commit.

Darling, where are all those bankers who were sniffing around UA before the ATSB declined?

How long has it been and no word, not even a rumor, of any new money??

Soon your going to lose another huge chunk of revenue when the feds ban all mail/cargo in combi bellies.

This debate is akin to speculation on other boards regarding assets that US may or may not eventually buy.

"... would a face-to-face debate between NHBB and Ukridge..."

Excellent! I say a team of three for each side with Busdrvr as the moderator. I will choose mweiss and Cosmo for my team - which of course will be called "The Sophists of the Flat Earth."

Ukridge said:
Excellent! I say a team of three for each side with Busdrvr as the moderator. I will choose mweiss and Cosmo for my team - which of course will be called "The Sophists of the Flat Earth."
Ukridge -- From one sophist to another, count me in!

Fly said:
I'll be the Sophists of the Flat Earth's cheerleader!
Fly -- You'll make a great cheerleader for our team. But I have to ask: Will that be your cheerleading outfit?

whatkindoffreshhell said:
First 787 delivery scheduled for 2008.

UA has $6bil (approx) of unfunded pension obligations. The PBGC is not going to swallow this load and new money investors will commit.

Darling, where are all those bankers who were sniffing around UA before the ATSB declined?

How long has it been and no word, not even a rumor, of any new money??

Soon your going to lose another huge chunk of revenue when the feds ban all mail/cargo in combi bellies.

This debate is akin to speculation on other boards regarding assets that US may or may not eventually buy.
[post="247827"][/post]​

your above post followed only 1 day later by news of four different offers of debt financing....

makes you realize how little most people who post on these boards know, and how poorly thought out their words are. Most are just meant to get a rise out of employees of the company, or to bash a competitor airline,

classic

Cosmo said:
Ukridge -- From one sophist to another, count me in!
Fly -- You'll make a great cheerleader for our team. But I have to ask: Will that be your cheerleading outfit?
[post="248379"][/post]​
Either this or that.

image5HB.JPG

Fly said:
I'll be the Sophists of the Flat Earth's cheerleader!
[post="248300"][/post]​
Just be careful with those jumping cheers. ;)

And I'd be as honored as Cosmo to be on Ukridge's side.

Long live the sophists! (Does this make our opposition the sophomorics?)

mweiss said:
Just be careful with those jumping cheers. ;)

And I'd be as honored as Cosmo to be on Ukridge's side.

Long live the sophists! (Does this make our opposition the sophomorics?)
[post="248411"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Be careful kiddies.
In this industry, It's very WISE to "NEVER say NEVER" !!!!!!!!!!!

Go AMFA :up:

NH/BB's

Great. Not to give away the strategy of the team, but the plan is shaping out to be one of a tricuspid attack. Cosmo and Mweiss will , as is their hallmark, provide the cool, rational, dispassionate, and reasoned analysis of the facts - such items as the financial reports and other disclosures. They will also cull and distill the press reports from the industry commentators to determine what is fact and what is fiction (or worse, reporting for hire). This of course is where the heavy lifting is done - the real employment of the old gray matter to put an oponnent's argument to rest.
Should this not immediately win the day from the opponent, Fly's imaginative and, shall we say, alluring graphic arts will be rushed into the breach. If the foe remains yet unvanquished, a most dangerous calibre weapon will be brought to sight - yes, the bloviated prose and speech of Ukridge - confusing and long-winded enough to render into a stupor even the most resolute and stalwart of enemies. A veritable onslaught of phrases, metaphors, allusions, and plain droning. Remember - in the dictionary it is never far from sophistry to sonnombalism!

For those of you who were not here last year (perhaps 2), Cosmo was among that original cohort that was labeled "sophist" by a long since absent poster. The humour arose because Cosmo and I were not fully sure if this storied captain was just not sure of his word usage or if he were, in reality, the brother of Mrs. Mallaprop :lol:

"From where I am standing the earth certainly looks flat!" (Motto of the Flat Earth Society of greater Essex and Devon)

[
[post="248708"][/post]​
[/quote]
If the foe remains yet unvanquished, a most dangerous calibre weapon will be brought to sight - yes, the bloviated prose and speech of Ukridge - confusing and long-winded enough to render into a stupor even the most resolute and stallwart of enemies.

UK,
I think Chum would give you a run for your money! You may have to utilize the old English tradition of "Drinking an opponent under the table" with that one. On the positive side, Land was won over by employing this technique :lol: !

Cheers!

"I think Chum would give you a run for your money"

Casual Rat: I'm sorry if I am missing this obvious, but who is Chum?

Back