Bomb Threat Made on Flt. 1285 Last Night

missthe727

Senior
Dec 19, 2006
Bomb threat made on US Airways flight

12:01 AM EDT on Thursday, July 10, 2008

By WCNC Staff
E-mail Us: [email protected]

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Passengers on a US Airways flight from Baltimore to Charlotte were held inside their aircraft Wednesday night after a bomb threat was made.
Charlotte-Douglas International Airport spokesperson Haley Gentry said the threat was made specific to flight 1285.

The plane made its scheduled arrival in Charlotte where emergencies officials responded and assisted the passengers in deplaning.

Officials said the Boeing 737 airplane was carrying 104 passengers, including crewmembers.

Shari Buford, a passenger on the plane, spoke to WCNC by cell phone while she was still inside the aircraft.

"No one has told us anything except we have a situation," she said.

Buford said the plane made a smooth landing, pulled up to the gate and then backed away and began circling the airport "like they were going to another gate," Buford said.

The plane ended up parking near a maintenance terminal.

All 104 passengers had safely gotten off the plane by 11:30 p.m.

Amy Thoreson with the FBI confirmed that a bomb threat was made and the FBI is investigating.

There were 2 air marshalls on the employee bus last night as I was heading home. One was on his cell phone & he told his partner "we got to get off". Then I got home & this was breaking news on all the stations.
Anyone have more info ?

If it turns out to be one of those jerks who missed the flight because he was in the bar or waited too long to start for the airport and decided to teach US Airways a lesson for not holding the flight for him, I hope they put him UNDER the jail for a long, long time.

Maybe he missed his flight because he was detained by the TSA. I seen this happen. Airline personnel...ANY airline...usually try to accomodate the pax with perks and another flight ASAP :up:

Article

If somebody would go to such an extreme to 'get even' because of a missed flight, the trailers and ghettos walk among us. Or he/she is young and stupid :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it turns out to be one of those jerks who missed the flight because he was in the bar or waited too long to start for the airport and decided to teach US Airways a lesson for not holding the flight for him, I hope they put him UNDER the jail for a long, long time.
Does that happen a lot, or, even a little? I hear stories but usually no evidence.

Does that happen a lot, or, even a little? I hear stories but usually no evidence.
I don't think it happens alot now but I do remember a few times back in the 80's of it happening. And on a side note back in the early 80's when I worked for Air Florida in res I took a bomb threat call on a MIA to MCO flight. As per usual back in those days the caller was Spanish.

Apparently, the pax received a text message "joking" about a bomb. The pax then told his niece on the phone about the text and she called it in. This must have happened in the boarding area or during pushback. No one in BWI knew anything was happening until the flight was in range to CLT, and ops received a phone call. Thanksgiving is going to be awkward in that house!

Back