Boston gets six new flights this spring

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
AA just announced six more flights at BOS this spring; BOS will have 71 daily flights to 20 destinations:

Press Release

American Airlines Expanding Logan Leadership With Six New Flights

Tuesday December 16, 1:31 pm ET

Initiating Service to San Diego, Seasonal Service to Paris, Additional Flights to London, Los Angeles, Dallas-Fort Worth, St. Louis

BOSTON, Dec. 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- American Airlines announced today it is strengthening its leadership position at Logan Airport with the addition of six new daily flights this Spring, including the return of service to San Diego, additional flights to London, Los Angeles, Dallas-Fort Worth, and St. Louis, plus the resumption of seasonal service to Paris.

The new, daily flight to San Diego will begin on April 7, together with a fourth daily flight to Los Angeles, a ninth daily flight to Dallas-Fort Worth, and a third daily flight to St. Louis. On May 1, American will begin a third daily flight to London from Boston and will resume its daily, seasonal flight to Paris.

"Despite the difficult economic environment, we are pleased to be able to step up and meet the demand in the New England market with these new flights," said Charlie Schewe, American's Director of Sales - Northeast and Canada. "These additional flights will give our customers -- especially our business customers -- valuable new options for domestic and international travel on American."

The new San Diego flight will utilize a Boeing 757, as will the additional flight to Dallas-Fort Worth. The additional London, Los Angeles and the returning Paris flight will all use a Boeing 767-300, with 225 seats, including 30 lie-flat seats in its brand new Next Generation Business Class cabin.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/081216/latu537.html?.v=32

Good news and bad news. Good news that AA isn't going to give up BOS to B6 and DAL without a fight. Bad news that the much-announced capacity reductions may not hold.

Good news and bad news. Good news that AA isn't going to give up BOS to B6 and DAL without a fight. Bad news that the much-announced capacity reductions may not hold.
Good news for those of us hanging on at the bottom in all job categories. Capacity increase is good provided it's called for, and I think AA has a pretty good track record in this department.

MK

Good news for those of us hanging on at the bottom in all job categories. Capacity increase is good provided it's called for, and I think AA has a pretty good track record in this department.

MK
Yes this is good news for all but dont think for one minute AA wont decrease it's market share at a drop of a hat. I've seen it many many times in the past. RDU, SJC, BNA..... remember those days???

Me thinks with the 3rd LHR flight that there using it as a ATI Barging Chip with BA as hey we will cut 1 of our 3 BOS-LHR runs. But I think we will see more cuts later on in the year sadly.

Me thinks with the 3rd LHR flight that there using it as a ATI Barging Chip with BA as hey we will cut 1 of our 3 BOS-LHR runs. But I think we will see more cuts later on in the year sadly.

Doubtful. No other set of airlines with ATI in this country have cut native flying across the Atlantic. No evidence that AA/BA/IB will be any different.

With all three BOS-LHR flights flown with 763s, capacity is reduced from the days when all were 777s.

FWAAA,

Methinks the 71/20 numbers include a whole lot of A/E !!

You're probably right - I haven't counted them. Current mainline nonstop cities include AUA, ORD, DFW, LHR, LAX, MIA, PLS, SFO, SJU, SDQ, STL and STT. Eagle include CMH, BNA, JFK, LGA, RDU, YYZ and DCA.

Doubtful. No other set of airlines with ATI in this country have cut native flying across the Atlantic. No evidence that AA/BA/IB will be any different.

With all three BOS-LHR flights flown with 763s, capacity is reduced from the days when all were 777s.

He's 100% correct. AA is positioning it to be used as a bargaining chip for ATI.

The seasonal increase is "one time" only, although of course not being advertised as such.

You are right about the capacity, though, which is why BOS is getting the extra flight instead of elsewhere. BOS-LHR is a good Y performer, a bad C/F performer. Hence, the new frequency is a good increase in Y, but even with a third flight, a 15% decrease in premium seats.

Latest posts