"Bottom-Up Organizing" at DL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
There has been considerable discussion about the IAM drive at DL for both F/As and Ramp. Although activists claim these are "grassroots" campaigns, it seems they are organized and funded by the IAM Grand Lodge, the very institution that stands to gain the most should Delta employees become organized. Anyway I think this is an important point that needs to be addressed. With the union providing literature, pins, luggage tags, food in break rooms and funding meet and greets at nearby restaurants the campaign really isn't "grassroots" after all.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
737823 said:
There has been considerable discussion about the IAM drive at DL for both F/As and Ramp. Although activists claim these are "grassroots" campaigns, it seems they are organized and funded by the IAM Grand Lodge, the very institution that stands to gain the most should Delta employees become organized. Anyway I think this is an important point that needs to be addressed. With the union providing literature, pins, luggage tags, food in break rooms and funding meet and greets at nearby restaurants the campaign really isn't "grassroots" after all.

Josh
I say take all the union freebies, then vote no, just like you intended to!

Reactions: 3 people
southwind said:
I say take all the union freebies, then vote no, just like you intended to!
Sure would and I'd try and occupy as much of the organizers time as I could to prevent them from talking to people interested in representation.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.