Boyd On Us Airways

Flying Titan said:
People who didn't get screwed by US Airways employees (those who didn't show up) over the holiday will probably continue to follow the fares, however those who did go through the US Airways Christmas Nightmare of 2004 probably won't come back for a long, long time. That's tens of thousands of people. Do you think this airline can stand to lose that many passengers right now?
[post="232334"][/post]​

No. USAirways can't afford to lose one customer. This maybe a big feat for managment, but they need to reimburse the customer for their tickets or give them 100,000 miles in their account ,or send the two space positive ticket to be used in the coming year.

We will lose major money on this, but we need to fix it asap.

And I don't know if that will help even rebuild consumer confidence.

This is not a labor or managment issue...its a company issue, and we failed this weekend.

7.5victim said:
Only to a point. Everyone loved ValuJet's low fares, but after they turned a DC9 into a swamp dart, the public realized there was more to airline travel than low fares. Don't forget, ValuJet made money on low fares. US certainly hasn't figured out that part of the equation. Low fares are great, but when it's pointed out that there's a good chance that you won't get from point A to B, spending a little more to fly on another carrier looks like a good option.
[post="232336"][/post]​

Well then, USAirways can just change their name to AirTran (or something else if that's already taken) and the travelling public will return in droves. How many of the all-too-savvy leisure travelers know AirTran's roots?

On another note, maybe all those employees who called in sick (of the abuse) really did not care about the results. Many of us have given up USAirways for dead months ago. The fact that some upset customers may not return is a moot point for a company that is already presumed dead, is it not?

Seth looks like someone whose ass I want to kick in, not someone I would trust to sell me a ticket on a plane travelling 500 miles per hour.

This makes Ted and Song and Metrojet seem brilliant.

"Bozo" would be more descriptive.

Riding "Seth" has very bad imagery. YGBSM. I wonder how much Lakefield paid his advertising agency for that one. What a management team. :down:

I got a suggestion for a new corporate slogan . . .

"It's not an airline, it's a freakshow."

Attachments

• seth.jpg
    seth.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 136
Somebody give Seth a Bonus.

We can't possibly afford to lose talent like that. Richard Branson might want to snap up Seth and the entire Marketing Department. Look Out Virgin Atlantic. :huh:

PITbull said:
No. USAirways can't afford to lose one customer. This maybe a big feat for managment, but they need to reimburse the customer for their tickets or give thm 100,000 miles in their account ,or send the two space positive ticket to be used in the coming year.

Bullsh*t. The IAM and AFA should reimburse these customers.

80 people out of 10,000, sorry jack that ain't gonna happen, it was not a union sanctioned job action.

You people want greyhound fares and QE2 service, you can't have both, it is catching up now.

Christmas weekend is going to look like a day at the beach if the company and the IAM cannot come to an agreement. Good luck to all of us.

CapnCockroach said:
Bullsh*t. The IAM and AFA should reimburse these customers.
[post="232498"][/post]​

Roach,

AFA sick calls were less than 10 from last xmas eve's numbers, and also xmas day. Today, was 40 higher, but NO cancellations.

Go figure.

If the number of sick calls from last year to this year are basically the same in total, (and last year there were no crew cancellations) then mangment failed to consider the attrition rate for 2004 and put this in the equation of holiday coverage, or lack there of. I don't expect the company to "recall" f/as for 4 days of the year, however, giving incentives that they can pay out months later (which was suggested last year), would maybe have cut the losses, consumer confidence spiral even by 30%, that would have been successful.

That just didn't happen, and I call this poor planning.

But blaming this on labor is typical. I know the figures from last year, as I had written them down. And I made it my business to call c/s to get the numbers for this holiday.

Blaming this on the rank in file, is just a managment excuse who didn't plan well.

Nonetheless, pointing fingers will not change consumer confidence. And this company has to find a solution with labor together, or shut the lights.

As a consumer, if I had my heart set on spending the holidays with family, the last thing I would have done was buy a ticket on US. I would have spent the extra money and gone with an airline that wasn't in such dire straights. It has been well reported on local and all national news stations and newspapers, for at least 5 or 6 months, that US is in its second bankruptcy, employees and management are butting heads, disgruntled employees, threats of strikes and since Sept. it has been widely reported that there would be a sick out over the holidays. Management was not prepared and travelers made the wrong choice. What good is a rediculously low fare if you can't get to your destination. The writing was on the wall for many months. This should not have been a surprise to anyone.

FM2436 said:
They've even outdone United's ridiculous "Ted" scheme. (Go there - you may not believe something as cheap and cheesy could come from a professional airline.) It's some idiotic attempt at hip marketing called "Seth."

This "Seth" program makes US Airways look like a pack of amateurs just out of a Third World marketing class. It actually has some creature dressed (if you can call it that) like a punk rocker, complete with a spiked, orange-dyed hairdo and a Zoot Suit. Then they have this ambassador of bad taste run around Florida hyping US Airways in nursing homes (!) and shopping malls. If employees have little respect for management, it's examples of this type of amateur voodoo-marketing that causes it.

index_flashholder.jpg

THIS is the marketing plan? I hadn't seen this before...wow!

Gotta agree with Boyd on this one.

PITbull said:
No. USAirways can't afford to lose one customer. This maybe a big feat for managment, but they need to reimburse the customer for their tickets or give them 100,000 miles in their account ,or send the two space positive ticket to be used in the coming year.

We will lose major money on this, but we need to fix it asap.

And I don't know if that will help even rebuild consumer confidence.

This is not a labor or managment issue...its a company issue, and we failed this weekend.
[post="232421"][/post]​
Where is the money going to come from for this?

You or me...

index_flashholder.jpg

Everytime I see this picture it reminds me of a time in college where some dude (who ironically looked somewhat this guy) asked me to, "go shoot up" with him.

Seriously, who picked this retarded marketing concept?

Latest posts

Back