'Bravo' ......... pure and simple !

SparrowHawk said:
The law of unintended consequences has ruled the day since 1953. The CIA calls it blowback.

The Iranian military, with the support and financial assistance of the United Statesgovernment, overthrows the government of Premier Mohammed Mosaddeq and reinstates the Shah of Iran. This government was democratically elected by the people of a sovereign nation.

U.S. economic and military aid poured into Iran during the 1950s1960s, and 1970s. In 1978, however, anti-Shah and anti-American protests broke out in Iran and the Shah was toppled from power in 1979. Angry militants seized the U.S. embassy and held the American staff hostage until January 1981. Nationalism, not communism, proved to be the most serious threat to U.S. power in Iran.

The above would be "exhibit A" as to how .our foreign has gotten us to where we are today

Further the overthrow of the Shah led to us arming Saddam Hussein and an 8 year war there. Any wonder why radical Islam grew and flourished in the rubble?

Seeing a pattern starting to evolve? 

VERY Good post Sparrow  !!!!!!!!!!

SparrowHawk said:
Not really. The fact that the law of unintended consequences rose up when Colonel Khadafi's daughter was killed by an errant bomb could never have been anticipated. Sometimes luck intervene's as it did here.IF, we had stuck to the original terms of the COTUS the Libya raid would have required a vote in Congress.
"War Powers Resolution"

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
"War Powers Resolution"

WOW! You nust have read the DNC talking points on Syria I see.

The War Powers Resolution of 1973 (50 U.S.C. 1541–1548)[1] is a federal law intended to check the president's power to commit the United States to an armed conflict without the consent of Congress

We see the use of UN Charter rules/laes used to justify any and all incursions into anyplace the USA is pissed off at. This was not the intent of the COTUS or the subsequent War Powers Resolution. Congress has the authority under the COTUS to refuse to fund a Presidents war efforts but doesn't have the required level of testosterone to do so.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:

VERY Good post Sparrow  !!!!!!!!!!
Hey Bears! What happened to your Pat's last night? ------ They got beat by the lowly Chief's!!! In fact they got humiliated! 

MCI transplant said:
Hey Bears! What happened to your Pat's last night? ------ They got beat by the lowly Chief's!!! In fact they got humiliated! 

Bludgeoned is a word that comes to mind.

SparrowHawk said:
The law of unintended consequences has ruled the day since 1953. The CIA calls it blowback.

The Iranian military, with the support and financial assistance of the United Statesgovernment, overthrows the government of Premier Mohammed Mosaddeq and reinstates the Shah of Iran. This government was democratically elected by the people of a sovereign nation.

U.S. economic and military aid poured into Iran during the 1950s1960s, and 1970s. In 1978, however, anti-Shah and anti-American protests broke out in Iran and the Shah was toppled from power in 1979. Angry militants seized the U.S. embassy and held the American staff hostage until January 1981. Nationalism, not communism, proved to be the most serious threat to U.S. power in Iran.

The above would be "exhibit A" as to how .our foreign has gotten us to where we are today

Further the overthrow of the Shah led to us arming Saddam Hussein and an 8 year war there. Any wonder why radical Islam grew and flourished in the rubble?

Seeing a pattern starting to evolve? 

And what does this have to do with your comment "Failing a formal declaration of war the pilot committed murder.  Pure and simple.  No different than the ISIS folks".

SparrowHawk said:
WOW! You nust have read the DNC talking points on Syria I see.
You are just grumpy because I derailed your whole argument with 3 words.
Grumpy-Cat.jpg

777 fixer said:

And what does this have to do with your comment "Failing a formal declaration of war the pilot committed murder.  Pure and simple.  No different than the ISIS folks".
PLENTY. If we (as in USA) hadn't been the aggressor and formed this bogus coalition the women would have never been in her aircraft bombing whomever she is bombing. Since we have created a great deal of the unrest in the ME dating back to 1953 and UAE is our partner in crine this go around. Perhaps next time it will be her shooting down your son?

We don't belong there and our so called premptive strikes are the same tactics used by others despotic regimes throughout history. That's what t has to do with it.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
You are just grumpy because I derailed your whole argument with 3 words.
Grumpy-Cat.jpg
You couldn't derail a toy train set. Read the Resolution and the history behind it. It was written, passed, vetoed and pverridden in order to stop Nixon from expanding the war into Cambodia and Laos.

Seriously? You're posting an interview done on the Soviet News Network?

(yes, Russia Today is a Russian state owned news network, broadcasting in the US... go figure)

eolesen said:
Seriously? You're posting an interview done on the Soviet News Network?

(yes, Russia Today is a Russian state owned news network, broadcasting in the US... go figure)

Personally, I don't care if it was done one the web site of the Duke of Dubuque. Ron Paul's words remain the same and his points are valid/ I could have posted it from Alex Jones website and next time I will if it makes you feel better

You See Truth really is Treason in the Empire of Lies.

Latest posts

Back