Can we agree on this?

This maybe one thing I believe we all might agree on?

Here's the problem. All career politicians are bad. Except OUR guy. He fights for us. But the rest of those bastards should be voted out. The people in Iowa or Nebraska could care less about mass transit it NYC. The person in NYC could care less about corn and farms. The guys in Iowa and Kansas will shout from the rooftops that those career politicians from New York and Connecticut need to get voted out. But they'll go into the voting booth and pull the lever for the who has been THEIR senator or representative for the past 25 years. And the folks in NYC will do the same thing - scream from the rooftops about how those "flyover state" career politicians are ruining this country....then march into the booth and pull the lever for the guy who has represented THEM for the past 25 years.

Change starts in our own back yard. Who's willing to start it?

Here's the problem. All career politicians are bad. Except OUR guy. He fights for us. But the rest of those bastards should be voted out. The people in Iowa or Nebraska could care less about mass transit it NYC. The person in NYC could care less about corn and farms. The guys in Iowa and Kansas will shout from the rooftops that those career politicians from New York and Connecticut need to get voted out. But they'll go into the voting booth and pull the lever for the who has been THEIR senator or representative for the past 25 years. And the folks in NYC will do the same thing - scream from the rooftops about how those "flyover state" career politicians are ruining this country....then march into the booth and pull the lever for the guy who has represented THEM for the past 25 years.

Change starts in our own back yard. Who's willing to start it?
KC, again we are not on the same page! Again! I'm talking "Term Limits for Congressional Members. both Democrat, and Republican. I really don't know where you are coming from. From what I hear, there are two, or three,are already kicking that ball around. A Constitutional Convention will have to be called. A majority of the States would have to approve the measure.That way, Congress has no say in it. So the peoples voice, not career politicians,will be heard, and put into Law. That's how we got Presidential limits.

KC, again we are not on the same page! Again! I'm talking "Term Limits for Congressional Members. both Democrat, and Republican. I really don't know where you are coming from. From what I hear, there are two, or three,are already kicking that ball around. A Constitutional Convention will have to be called. A majority of the States would have to approve the measure.That way, Congress has no say in it. So the peoples voice, not career politicians,will be heard, and put into Law. That's how we got Presidential limits.

The people will hear a LOT of stuff from the 25 year veterans about how it's GOOD that they have been there so long. They'll cite all the things they've done for THEM. They'll toss in a scare tactic or two that if they put limits on them, it will open the doors for unscrupulous candidates to take the jobs to grease the skids for their entry into the private sector...where they will make some REAL money. And a lot of people will complain about it and demand term limits, but there will be a lot of efforts made to get the states to vote against term limits.

And I think Presidential limits are a bit different...a bit easier to convince the public on.

The people will hear a LOT of stuff from the 25 year veterans about how it's GOOD that they have been there so long. They'll cite all the things they've done for THEM. They'll toss in a scare tactic or two that if they put limits on them, it will open the doors for unscrupulous candidates to take the jobs to grease the skids for their entry into the private sector...where they will make some REAL money. And a lot of people will complain about it and demand term limits, but there will be a lot of efforts made to get the states to vote against term limits.

And I think Presidential limits are a bit different...a bit easier to convince the public on.
"Real money"? Are you kidding me? What do you think they have been doing over the years? Face it K.C., no matter what your political beliefs are, Washington is broke!!! Nothing is getting done! What is needed is fresh blood! The career politicians have been inside the Beltway too long! They are out of touch with the people they are supposed to represent!

"Real money"? Are you kidding me? What do you think they have been doing over the years? Face it K.C., no matter what your political beliefs are, Washington is broke!!! Nothing is getting done! What is needed is fresh blood! The career politicians have been inside the Beltway too long! They are out of touch with the people they are supposed to represent!

I don't disagree with any of your post - I'm only saying that a group of (mostly) men who will say and do anything against anyone to get elected to that office will find a way to scare the unwashed into voting against term limits.

A couple of elections ago, my US Senator (Pat Roberts) who has been in the US House and Senate for the past 37 years was running for reelection. I am a registered republican (so that I can vote in the GOP primary and actually have a say in who represents me). My daughter played volleyball with his primary opponents (Milton Wolfe) daughter, so I knew him fairly well.

Kansas is a weird state - the two largest counties are Johnson (suburban Kansas City, MO) and Sedgewick (Wichita). Johnson is the largest and a bit more "progressive" in the sense that they most likely would support term limits. Sedgewick is much more conservative and doesn't care how long a senator or congressman has served them, so long as they are republican. The rest of Kansas pretty much holds the Sedgewick county view. In that primary, Milton Wolfe beat Pat Roberts in Johnson County, but lost the overall election 48% to 40%. He went on to win the general election 53 % to 42%.

Don't get me wrong - the good folks in rural Kansas and Sedgewick county talk a good game about term limits - For Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters and all those other liberal congressmen from liberal states. But they overwhelmingly send their own career politician back to Washington year after year. Oh yeah...the "junior" senator from my state has been in Congress for 20 years. Only thing I'm saying is that the people of the state seem to like the guys who are there enough to send them back year over year. I think the sitting congresscritters would do a good job of scaring the voters into voting against term limits.

I don't disagree with any of your post - I'm only saying that a group of (mostly) men who will say and do anything against anyone to get elected to that office will find a way to scare the unwashed into voting against term limits.

A couple of elections ago, my US Senator (Pat Roberts) who has been in the US House and Senate for the past 37 years was running for reelection. I am a registered republican (so that I can vote in the GOP primary and actually have a say in who represents me). My daughter played volleyball with his primary opponents (Milton Wolfe) daughter, so I knew him fairly well.

Kansas is a weird state - the two largest counties are Johnson (suburban Kansas City, MO) and Sedgewick (Wichita). Johnson is the largest and a bit more "progressive" in the sense that they most likely would support term limits. Sedgewick is much more conservative and doesn't care how long a senator or congressman has served them, so long as they are republican. The rest of Kansas pretty much holds the Sedgewick county view. In that primary, Milton Wolfe beat Pat Roberts in Johnson County, but lost the overall election 48% to 40%. He went on to win the general election 53 % to 42%.

Don't get me wrong - the good folks in rural Kansas and Sedgewick county talk a good game about term limits - For Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters and all those other liberal congressmen from liberal states. But they overwhelmingly send their own career politician back to Washington year after year. Oh yeah...the "junior" senator from my state has been in Congress for 20 years. Only thing I'm saying is that the people of the state seem to like the guys who are there enough to send them back year over year. I think the sitting congresscritters would do a good job of scaring the voters into voting against term limits.
Well K.C.do you play the lottery? What are your chances of winning? ........But, if you don't buy a ticket, what are your chances?

Yea, I can relate to this:
Long ago I was a Sailor.
I sailed the Ocean blue.
I knew the bars in Singapore...
The coastline of Peru.

I knew well the sting of salt spray,
The taste of Spanish wine,
The beauty of the Orient...
Yes, all these things were mine.

But I wear a different hat now,
Jeans & T-shirts too.
My sailing days were long ago...
With that life I am through.

But somewhere deep inside of me...
The sailor lives there still.
He longs to go to sea again,
But knows he never will.

My love, my life, is here at home,
Though mind and body will stay ashore...
My heart's at sea forever more.

Last edited:
27866972_786128754926495_6340613035332850343_n.png

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States”.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States”.
You are funny.
Do you think this will ever be enacted?
Better come to KommieFornia, there is good weed here.
:D

The people will hear a LOT of stuff from the 25 year veterans about how it's GOOD that they have been there so long. ....

Sadly so KC, and it equally sadly comes down to an essential "IQ Test" and life experience/awareness level of the electorate. "I think the sitting congresscritters would do a good job of scaring the voters into voting against term limits." Sadly likely, sicne all such have quite literally made their worthless "careers" from being blank sheets and total BS. With now six decades plus lived through peace and war I can only pray for the future world of our young nowadays.The America I was born into that was still adding states/Stars to our Flag could never have even possibly imagined the rampant degree of both utter idiocy and complete insanity that sadly now exists. In the last four decades now the only truly positive thing I've seen that gives me even the slightest hope is Elon Musk's recent rocket launch, which literally brought tears to my eyes and at least a brief moment of actual hope for the future...but the overall sad truth more seems to be the following link. I rather suspect species survival will all come down to just how fast/if at all the best and brightest can get off this planet. What will happen here in at the very most a few decades tops will not be pretty. Nothing would please me more than to be completely wrong there...but/etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back