Chinese Fossil May Link Birds and Dinosaurs

61672768_1bdc1f3c5a.jpg

Anyone want to buy a giant rat? :lol:

I have always been under the impression that we are not too tasty. Too much bone, not enough meat. I thought I read that is why sharks don't really eat us. They do a bite test and move off. I guess if what ever predator is really hungry things might change but with all the other prey out there with more nutritional value I figured we'd be kind of safe.

I have always been under the impression that we are not too tasty. Too much bone, not enough meat. I thought I read that is why sharks don't really eat us. They do a bite test and move off. I guess if what ever predator is really hungry things might change but with all the other prey out there with more nutritional value I figured we'd be kind of safe.

With all the preservatives/chemicals in our food we probably leave a bit of a nasty aftertaste. ;)

Ari was not bought on Ebay as far as I know.

OK, so now I know what the acronyms stand for but I have still cannot determine if you believe carbon dating is accurate or not because don't if you believe the black boxes on Jets work as designed.

I would think technically is is exactly as old as dirt but that's just my opinion.

wow

Lions, Tigers and Bears don't seem to have a problem and they can end up in someone's backyard!

for us...that bite test ends up being the real problem though.

Again, my understanding is that the sensory capabilities of sharks is supposed to be very advanced. The can detect minute amounts of blood over vast distances. I thought I remembered hearing that most shark attacks are exploratory. We exhibit certain traits of a fish/seal and they bite to check it out. While the bite may be fatal due to blood loss, sharks don't actually eat us.

As for tigers and bears, I have not read a lot about the results of the attacks but I thought in most cases the humans were killed by the animals but not eaten. Not sure about that though.

I am pretty sure that we are not a good meal for what ever is out there. I am sure there are exceptions to the rule but for the most part, humans get killed because we are in the wrong place at the wrong time and the animals feel threatened or we are threatening them and they defend their young, territory or them selves.

But yes, the bite test is a ####.

40,000 yr old wooly mamoth
A baby woolly mammoth, frozen in soil for 40,000 years in Siberia, was so well preserved that traces of her mother's milk were still in her stomach.

Lyuba, who was thought to be just one month old, was discovered three years ago when nomadic reindeer dug her up. Scientists believe she died after being sucked into a river bed. Mud was found in her trunk and throat, suggesting she had suffocated.

I hope wiser heads prevail and they do not clone these animals. As fascinating as the idea is, these animals went extinct for a reason and I just don't think it would bea wise idea to bring them back. Perhaps I have seen Jurassic Park one to many times but it just does not seem right to mess around with nature.

sharks don't actually eat us.
well I dont know what they are up to.. and I am not going out there to figure it out!

I am pretty sure that we are not a good meal for what ever is out there. I am sure there are exceptions to the rule but for the most part, humans get killed because we are in the wrong place at the wrong time and the animals feel threatened or we are threatening them and they defend their young, territory or them selves.
if a wild animal is hungry enough, they will eat anything that moves!

But yes, the bite test is a ####.
not only that..

but!

according to this movie I saw long time ago, a shark can get really pissed off and eat a boat!

well I dont know what they are up to.. and I am not going out there to figure it out!

if a wild animal is hungry enough, they will eat anything that moves!

not only that..

but!

according to this movie I saw long time ago, a shark can get really pissed off and eat a boat!

Agreed, that is a big reason we are having problems with big cats in the burbs. We have taken away their territory and they have no place to hunt so they co for easy kills like cats and dogs.

As for the shark tails. Watch Myth busters. The air tank was busted. I forgot about the shark punching a hole in the boat. I think that was busted as well. They did do a whole series on sharks and the states they through out were pretty incredible. From what I have read and heard,. sharks are damn hear the perfect killing predator. They have no natural enemies. Their teeth replace them selves on a regular basis. They are immune to most disease. They have no changed much in millions of years (I think they were called the oldest living fossil). The amount of pressure per a sq inch that their jaws can exert during a bite is frightening (I believe a great white can exert close to 6,000 psi). That will pretty much ruin your day.

Your're smart, pterodactyl fixer. Figure it out yourself. :lol:

My thoughts are this; you were either trying to be a smart alleck. Or you don't believe the science mentioned in this thread and are more in line with the Biblical version of life on earth. However since I can't read minds I'm not sure which is correct.

I watched "Discovering Ardi" on the Discovery channel last night. It was an intriguing piece. Did anyone else see it? Because much of Ardi is a "reconstruction," it was interesting to see how they modeled those pieces that were not found in their full form. It was also interesting to hear certain scientists' take on how the discovery throws a monkey wrench (pun intended) into certain aspects of the common ancestor ideas that have permeated much of the debate for the last century.

My thoughts are this; you were either trying to be a smart alleck. Or you don't believe the science mentioned in this thread and are more in line with the Biblical version of life on earth. However since I can't read minds I'm not sure which is correct.

You are correct on the first count and partly correct on the other. See, I knew you were smart.
I'm amused by people who dismiss the bible outright. Even if you remove the faith aspect of it; the bible is historically accurate. Evolutionists place blind faith in Darwin on carbon dating. Also, if you live by biblical tenets you are more likely to lead a more fulfilled and happy life. I don't claim to have lived by these tenets myself and though I know better, I still don't on many occasions. Having been raised Catholic in New York City, I once looked down upon those who took the Bible literally too.
Many people who believe in evolution are quick to deride those who believe in God and the Bible as intellectually inferior and less sophisticated, yet these people are also clinging to faith; albeit not in a higher being but in mere mortal man. Who is going more out on a limb here?
The Bible teaches you to take care of the poor and weak, while Darwin teaches survival of the fittest. Survival of the fittest was the doctrine of the Nazis; it is what eugenicists teach.
Given a choice, I'll throw my lot with the Bible and its seeming inconsistencies and stretches of the imagination.

Latest posts

Back