paul1

Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
What did you get for dinner

3 idle thoughts for Friday

By Terry Maxon
[email protected]
9:58 am on December 27, 2013 | Permalink

1. The blessing of getting older is that you know a million great jokes. The curse is that you can only remember two at any one time.

2. I wonder how much American Eagle Airlines well have in a year or two.

3. Kudos to American Airlines for serving a hot meal to its employees throughout its system on Christmas Day. Its the little things that count, as Santa always tells the elf accountants.

3. Kudos to American Airlines for serving a hot meal to its employees throughout its system on Christmas Day. Its the little things that count, as Santa always tells the elf accountants.

What did your station serve you?

photo.JPG

Reactions: 1 person
Really? I worked at JFK for 20 years and they never put out so much as a cup of coffee on Christmas or any other holiday I worked there.

At NWA, our managers would work with each other and always have a couple come in and serve us on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Over at the "New American"(Old  Airways) we received a wonderful meal prepared by Boston Market...we were even allowed to go back for seconds!!!!!  I really wish to thank the thoughtful company!!!!  It was far better than years ago we were forced to work Christmas while making 2.5x !!!!  The meal surely makes up for the lack of Holiday pay.......

Seriously...hate to sound ungrateful....but pay us a decent wage and I will be happy to come in and work all the Holidays and will have no problem providing my own meal....

Reactions: 5 people
Zom JFK said:
Really? I worked at JFK for 20 years and they never put out so much as a cup of coffee on Christmas or any other holiday I worked there.
Well I dont under what rock you were hiding but there were always meal vouchers for the terminal restaurants given to AA employees on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years day, in the ten years at JFK that I worked at AA. Mind you they were prepared box meals. Still most were grateful.

Barfbag said:
Well I dont under what rock you were hiding but there were always meal vouchers for the terminal restaurants given to AA employees on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years day, in the ten years at JFK that I worked at AA. Mind you they were prepared box meals. Still most were grateful.
I don't know who's butt you had to kiss for those " meal vouchers " but in my 12 years on the line and 13 in cargo I got jack and $hit at JFK...and jack left town. The ONLY food that was ever put out on a holiday was by the employees throwing in together or bringing in dishes.

(Old Airways) LAX MTC We had a full spread put out by our Manager ALL Shifts!
It is a nice jesture and it's appreciated. Not to sound greedy as well, but we want our 2.5 pay back as well. For twenty plus years we had a coke machine in our break room. The profit was used for holiday dinners. We always put on a great Dinner!

I'm surprised the TWU didn't form an emergency meeting to call for a boycott of any Christmas dinner like they did with the merger celebrations in support of our IAM brothers.
I mean, after all THAT decision was masterful.

Reactions: 4 people
Zom JFK said:
As Col Potter would say Mule Muffins!!! Admittedly thanks to good day patterns and weekday holidays I haven't worked Christmas since 2009, but I've eaten the meals provided on Christmas and Thanksgiving. Some years it was a voucher with the meal prepared by Europan, some years it was some sort of takeout catered type meal, but we've been fed.