CLT meeting

A330US

Senior
Aug 10, 2005
Hey guys,
My dad met Parker today at the CLT hangar meeting today. He came in to the meeting asking everyone about airbus and boeing, whoever liked boeing, raise your hand, whoever likes airbus, raise your hand...every single person had their hands up for Boeing. The A340s are for sure coming, and US has more of a chance of getting the PHL-PVD route. only reason why there is a contest is because of DL. Parker stated that Boeing's condition on the 787 is that US also has to buy the 737NG, while Airbus is giving the longest range and best A350 for cheaper than usual. My dad likes him alot, they talked about wages etc, parker said he knows how everyone feels and wish he could give everyone a raise right away etc. my dad also took a pic with him
Any other news guys ?

Whoa!!! I know the A350 is going to be a capable aircraft when it's finally airborn in 2027, but will it really have the range for a PHL-PVD run in an all-coach configuration of 485 people with a seat pitch of 16 inches?

Whoa!!! I know the A350 is going to be a capable aircraft when it's finally airborn in 2027, but will it really have the range for a PHL-PVD run in an all-coach configuration of 485 people with a seat pitch of 16 inches?

I'm not sure about that. It will probably need a fuel stop westbound in the winter. Most likely LGA or BDL.

Absolutely!!! Let's be realistic, the A350 won't see the light of day until 2013-14 at the earliest. And it's not like the 787 is ridiculously expensive. While i realise airlines almost never pay the list price of aircraft, depending on the size of the order and status of the airline its usually much cheaper, the 787-9 should go for around $178 million a pop, versus $189 for the cheapest A350. Certainly this caught Doogie's eye. My guess is that Airbus was desperate for this order and gave LCC a real sweetheart deal, in which case, it would be hard to blame LCC for going the A350 route.

Parker stated that Boeing's condition on the 787 is that US also has to buy the 737NG,

I personally find this hard to believe that Boeing would make such a stipulation knowing that they could ultimately be the widebody customer of US for years to come.

From a recent Crew News, Parker stated that both Boeing and Airbus are offering very competitive offers. He then gave some pros and cons for both. The main pro for the A350XB is that the redesigned A350 will be vastly improved from the original one, but that Airbus will honor the price of the first one. The downside is basically what everyone has been saying: it's already years behind schedule and it's not the same plane US ordered. The upside for Boeing was that you don't have to rely on one manufacturer, which can keep thing s competitive in the long run and the fact that the 787 can be delivered earlier albeit not by much.

My dad met Parker today at the CLT hangar meeting today.

My dad likes him alot, they talked about wages etc, parker said he knows how everyone feels and wish he could give everyone a raise right away etc.

Is he SURE it was DoUgIe and not a robot masquerading as a human? Robots are known to play cruel jokes on unsuspecting humans.

That's just it...Dougie is VERY charming, however a piece of sh!t.
He could very easily bring us back to par, but can't because he is filling the pockets of inept management that keeps on patting themselves on the back telling each other what a great job they are doing.

Back