CLT Observer Wants to hear from US employees

Posted on Mon, Mar. 05, 2007

Contact us | US Airways employee?

Are you a US Airways employee? Reporter Steve Harrison would like to talk to you about the problems with the check-in kiosks.

Contact him at [email protected] or call
704-358-5160.

http://www.charlotte.com/115/story/40685.html
Why In The WORLD Of Advertisement Would Any One WANT TO Allow the MEDIA To Get Negative Information ABOUT US? What A Moronic POST. You Should Be BLINDFOLDED & Shot.

Why In The WORLD Of Advertisement Would Any One WANT TO Allow the MEDIA To Get Negative Information ABOUT US? What A Moronic POST. You Should Be BLINDFOLDED & Shot.
I agree :angry:
Ok we acknowledge we have a problem why put it in the news more than it is now.

You can bet that there will be plenty of people that will say they are employees so

they can quoted in the paper, and Iam sure a couple of employees will actually respond

to this. :down:

I agree :angry:
Ok we acknowledge we have a problem why put it in the news more than it is now.

You can bet that there will be plenty of people that will say they are employees so

they can quoted in the paper, and Iam sure a couple of employees will actually respond

to this. :down:
If actual employees respond, it could be grounds for termination. All media requests must go through corporate communications.

I'm sure the reporter will verify employment status and keep people anonymous. Reporters were not born yesterday for the most part and don't want retribution to come to their sources.

It would be just like Tempe to fire someone for telling the truth. :down: to everyone who thinks that it's fair game to simply cover up and spin the problem and make it go away.

I'm sure the reporter will verify employment status and keep people anonymous. Reporters were not born yesterday for the most part and don't want retribution to come to their sources.

It would be just like Tempe to fire someone for telling the truth. :down: to everyone who thinks that it's fair game to simply cover up and spin the problem and make it go away.

Agreed.

Instead of just complaining to ourselves, on this Board, about how ill-prepared Tempe is (to run a major airline), we have a chance to expose their flaws to the outside world. Granted, The Charlotte Observer might have their own agenda, but we can use that to our advantage. I'd love to see our labor leaders taking advantage of this opportunity. There is enough good material (in other words - bad management) coming out of Tempe for several articles.

Word to the wise - unless you're a Union spokesperson, be very careful.

evidently you are if you think someone could'nt show an employee I.D. and request Anonymity. :p
Learn to spell (NAIVE, COULDN'T) before jumping on others. Your name "Local 12 Proud" speaks volumes about your perspective. Please throw fuel on the fire and see how long anyone here still has a job.

I do not think that the Charlotte Observer wants to to put negative information ABOUT employees, they just want the employees' perspectives, which are different from the customer perspective and probably more enlightened. If I were a front-line employee, I would tread lightly, but at the same time, I would want the truth out there, so that management does not blame the front line for this. I read an article already that had a few sentences that make it look like it is not just the system, but the employees. That would make me mad. For example:

One anticipated problem was that not all agents were fast on the new reservations system. US Airways had been training employees on Shares by using a computer program that mimics the new system, even while still working in Sabre. But some agents were slower on the new system.
(This is from the Observer.)

To me, this reads as if it were the agents' fault, when in fact, there was not enough advance training and preparation provided to the agents at many locations. I understand this as a frequent traveler, but your everyday, uninformed traveler does not.

Are you living under a rock. The latest court cases have shown that reporters can be compelled to give up their sources very easily.

Back