CO Flight Attendant Will Dent 1969-2008.....R.I.P.

ebwgs

Veteran
Contributor
Aug 23, 2004
I start this thread with a heavy heart tonight upon learning of the tragic death of William E. Dent Jr., Continental Airlines flight attendant based in Newark. Will and I met nearly 20 years ago as customer service reps at America West Airlines. He was one of the closest people to me in the world and I will miss him until the day I see him again. After America West we both took on flying careers at different carriers. He went to Continental and I went to US Airways. Continental has just lost a gem of a flight attendant. He loved his job and he loved Continental. He was a consummate professional and an exemplary man. I loved him. My congratulations to you Continental for having had this man in your employ for 14+ years, and my condolences for having lost him.

i too express my condolences to the continental inflight team. many of us at usairways knew will and he was a fine person. this is a tragic day for the ewr (nta ) base and continental as a whole .my heart and prayers go out to you guys and to will's family.

Will you would have brought so much class and pizazz to the merger had you lived. You would have even learned to love the new United as the new company evolved. Please let your spirit always be a part of your new company as well as letting it reign over those of us who knew you for so long and who miss you so much. I miss you dear friend. You're an aviation legend in my book. I saw you check in your first gate passenger 20 years ago. What a consummate pro you were. What a special man you were. And what an angel you are in eternity. Pray for me and guide me. I love you dear friend.

As always,
ATC

Back