CO flight attendant bases

Jul 12, 2006
usa
Hi everyone,
This is exciting news. As a flight attendant for United, I would love to know where options for Continental flight attendant bases are located. I hope everyone at Continental is excited and happy about this merger and we can all enjoy working together!
Best wishes to all the greatest people in the world, namely, airline people!!
Babs

Hi everyone,
This is exciting news. As a flight attendant for United, I would love to know where options for Continental flight attendant bases are located. I hope everyone at Continental is excited and happy about this merger and we can all enjoy working together!
Babs

Newark, Cleveland, Houston. There are also FA's based in Guam, but they are under a different set of rules and you can't transfer from "Mainline " to Guam.

Hi everyone,
Babs
Babs,
I can see by your screename that you've probably been through a merger or two ...no doubt this time around the integration of your two companies will be fair for everyone...Best of luck to all!

Boy, is that something to get excited about EWR, IAH, and CLE! GUM was separated, and the company locked out the CO FA's after Lorenzo's bankruptcy in '83. Air Mike began to hire its own FA's, thus creating a separate seniority list, and hired new FA's after the contracts were abrogated. Today, Continental Micronesia is a wholly owned subsidiary of CO and maintains a separate seniority list for the FA's. Air Mike wet leases aircraft and pilots from CO, therefore the pilots do not have a separate seniority list. So far the company wants to maintain this hub thanks to some essential air service contracts, military operations in GUM, and GUM is a vacation destination for the Japanese.

Newark, Cleveland, Houston. There are also FA's based in Guam, but they are under a different set of rules and you can't transfer from "Mainline " to Guam.

Boy, is that something to get excited about EWR, IAH, and CLE! GUM was separated, and the company locked out the CO FA's after Lorenzo's bankruptcy in '83. Air Mike began to hire its own FA's, thus creating a separate seniority list, and hired new FA's after the contracts were abrogated. Today, Continental Micronesia is a wholly owned subsidiary of CO and maintains a separate seniority list for the FA's. Air Mike wet leases aircraft and pilots from CO, therefore the pilots do not have a separate seniority list. So far the company wants to maintain this hub thanks to some essential air service contracts, military operations in GUM, and GUM is a vacation destination for the Japanese.

Indeed, your options are limited to EWR, IAH & CLE. Unfortunatly, we can't offer your the variety that UA offers us in terms of enhanced options for transferring to different f/a bases. That is one thing that appeals to many of us about UA. That said, EWR has absolutly outstanding flying - trans-con turns, 17 & 18 hour two-day, 22 3-day, and 29-hour four days exist domestic (obviously on the productive side of the spectrum that goes senior, but as a junior f/a i have traded onto all of the above in our open time which is NOT seniority base - trades are first come first served done instantly at the click of a mouse). International flying includes almost 30 cities in Europe (although half are served by the 757...trust us, you'll get used to it), Delhi, Mumbai, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Sao Paulo, Honolulu, etc.

You're singing to the choir. I'm NTA based and fly high time. Yes domestic has SOME productive flying, however not all of it is. In fact the much of it is not productive. I keep tabs on the EWR bid package frequently. This is the draw to EWR/NTA/NLS. It may not be the place where most want to live, but the flying sure makes the difference.

Indeed, your options are limited to EWR, IAH & CLE. Unfortunatly, we can't offer your the variety that UA offers us in terms of enhanced options for transferring to different f/a bases. That is one thing that appeals to many of us about UA. That said, EWR has absolutly outstanding flying - trans-con turns, 17 & 18 hour two-day, 22 3-day, and 29-hour four days exist domestic (obviously on the productive side of the spectrum that goes senior, but as a junior f/a i have traded onto all of the above in our open time which is NOT seniority base - trades are first come first served done instantly at the click of a mouse). International flying includes almost 30 cities in Europe (although half are served by the 757...trust us, you'll get used to it), Delhi, Mumbai, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Sao Paulo, Honolulu, etc.

Back