Codeshare ID90

mrs767er

Aug 26, 2007
Hi folks!
Delta emps here wishing to ID90 on UA #9829 MIA/MAO (Manaus, Brasil) and #9864 return. It says UA but it's operated by TAM. We have no reciprocal with TAM but we do with UA.
Is there any savvy res agent who can tell me if this is possible to do?
The schedule is so much better than taking Copa thru Panama. Please advise ASAP--thanks a bunch!

Interline nonrevving never works on codeshare flights you must have tickets for the operating carrier.

In your case unless you buy tickets on TAM, GOL, or Varig you will have to settle for Copa.

Don't fret too much, Copa is a top notch carrier. I would chose them over the madness that is Brazailian domestic flying any day.

Interline nonrevving never works on codeshare flights you must have tickets for the operating carrier.

In your case unless you buy tickets on TAM, GOL, or Varig you will have to settle for Copa.

Don't fret too much, Copa is a top notch carrier. I would chose them over the madness that is Brazailian domestic flying any day.
when you say "must have tickets" are you talking about purchasing revenue fares?
I really appreciate the advice--the difficulty is that Copa is 2 flights each way with added overnights due to arrival/departure times--so we add several hundred $ and a bit of anxiety!
Glad to hear Copa is that good--we have option to fly to PTY on DAL then change to Copa next day but that seems a bit stressful? It's allv ery strange, considering the added fuel surcharges plus ariport/tourist fees for layovers. My brain is starting to smoke!!!

PS--love your flyingcat pic--good one!

When you nonrev on another carrier you must buy a nonrev ticket on the operating carrier not the carrier with a codeshare flight number.

I.E. if you are flying from FCO to ZRH on AZ 827 and it has a AF #9905 flight number. You cannot show up with an ID90 ticket for AF. You must have a ticket valid for AZ.

If you want to get to Manaus your only options are
A. Buy a revenue space positive ticket on Varig, TAM or GOL
B. Buy an ID90 or 75 ticket on CM (Copa) via PTY.

Codeshares are for revenue passenger convenience they do not apply to nonrevenue travel.

Of course if and when DL finally goes ZED like the rest of the world the tickets will be interchangeable from carrier to carrier, as long as there is a nonrev agreement.

Still Brazil still is one of those unique places where the airlines have not been established long enough to have a lot of nonrev agreements. Varig was the only one due to its large scope.

TAM is growing close with Star Alliance and is growing internationally by leaps and bounds. It is my hope that TAP will be the first of the new generation Brazilian airlines to sign up for nonrev interlining. Until then Brazil is a black hole for nonrevs with very few options.

When you nonrev on another carrier you must buy a nonrev ticket on the operating carrier not the carrier with a codeshare flight number.

I.E. if you are flying from FCO to ZRH on AZ 827 and it has a AF #9905 flight number. You cannot show up with an ID90 ticket for AF. You must have a ticket valid for AZ.

If you want to get to Manaus your only options are
A. Buy a revenue space positive ticket on Varig, TAM or GOL
B. Buy an ID90 or 75 ticket on CM (Copa) via PTY.

Codeshares are for revenue passenger convenience they do not apply to nonrevenue travel.

Of course if and when DL finally goes ZED like the rest of the world the tickets will be interchangeable from carrier to carrier, as long as there is a nonrev agreement.

Still Brazil still is one of those unique places where the airlines have not been established long enough to have a lot of nonrev agreements. Varig was the only one due to its large scope.

TAM is growing close with Star Alliance and is growing internationally by leaps and bounds. It is my hope that TAP will be the first of the new generation Brazilian airlines to sign up for nonrev interlining. Until then Brazil is a black hole for nonrevs with very few options.

exactly what I feared, but had to be certain. thanks so much! funny, I ddin't even know varig was still in biz!! black hole, indeed. I was hoping the zed tkts wuld be in place by now---but merger, I think that has to be back burner!!

Back