Committee teams?

Chuck Schalk

Veteran
Nov 17, 2006
March 23, 2015
TO: AA Locals 501 - 591
RE: Negotiations Preparation Update
Dear Sisters and Brothers:
In conjunction with the work that has been done by the Local Presidents over the last few weeks, including our session in Baltimore, subcommittees have been established to reconcile differences between the TWU AA contracts and the IAM US Airways contracts.  The initial TWU table teams and subcommittees are:
Fleet Service:  David Virella*, Brian Oyer, Mike Mayes and Pete Hogan.  The Fleet Service subcommittee, assisting with research and the writing of proposals: Victor Gonzalez, Andre Sutton, Tim Hughes, Tim Marting, Art Risley and Tom Lee.
M&R Title I:  Sean Doyle*, Dale Danker, Larry Pike and Gary Peterson.
MCT:  Tony McCoy*, Jason Best and Gary Moffitt.
Title II:  Tony McCoy*, Dale Lantz, Jay Sleeman and Eddie Suarez.  The Title II subcommittee, assisting with research and the writing of proposals: Chris Kiernan, Robert Todd, Harry Clark, Bill Clark, Ken Vunck and Mike Schwanz.
Title V:  Sean Doyle*, Pat Bax, Bob Strebeck and Mike Bush.
These groups will be working diligently over the next few weeks to finalize proposals in preparation for contract reconciliation with the IAM.
We will continue to keep you informed with updates as we move through the process of negotiating an agreement you and your families truly deserve.
Fraternally,
Garry Drummond
Director Air Transport Division
[SIZE=14pt]*Denotes Chairperson[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

there is a strong sentiment from the floor that the title group local officers should be the chairperson and have direct access to the company not fleet service TWU international reps.

Chuck while I absolutely agree with you we are pissing up a rope as long as the TWU and IAM are in charge. I personally would rather have no Union than these clowns.
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance

Was announced a while back.

http://www.iam141.org/us/index.html

Maintenance:
Ken Coley-CLT Grievance Committee Chairman, Heavy Maintenance Mechanic
John Conveny-PIT, Grievance Committee, Mechanic and DL 142 VP of US Airways
Sean Ryan- General Chairman, was a Line Mechanic, former Grievance Committee Chairman, ORF.
Bennie Martino
Mark Strength
Mark Huffman- Lead Stock Clerk Charlotte.

Ramp:
Mike Fairbanks
Pat Rezler
Bill Wilson
Mark Baskett
Steve Miller
Rodney Walker

Goey said:
Chuck while I absolutely agree with you we are pissing up a rope as long as the TWU and IAM are in charge. I personally would rather have no Union than these clowns.
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance
Delta mechanics seem to do good with no union. But they have always been non union. For us to suddenly go non union...well, let your imagination run wild as to what might happen.

OK great the committee teams have been picked.
What else has been done?
Have we got everything lined up to join the contracts? As far as what are we going to ask for in negotiations.
Are we going pension or 401k?
What overtime system are we going to use LUS or LAA?
Are we going to bid jobs like we do now at US or are we going to use a transfer list like AA?
This list can go on and on, Seems these guys got a lot of work to do and we have not gotten any update on none of it.
They asked for contract proposals what was the result of that? maybe a top ten list of the results.
Seems everything is a secret and there is a lack of communication to the guys on the floor.
We the AMT's need to have everything in order BEFORE we get to the table.

Yep, first things first. The industrial unions have to figure out who gets all our dues money first.

Then it's time to look out for the members!

I got mine!

MetalMover said:
For us to suddenly go non union...well, let your imagination run wild as to what might happen.
Yeah, you might find out that there's no difference... Worst case, you have a new representation election in a year.

Hahaha look out for the members please tell me when that happens. Just remember what are you willing to give up for pennies that will increase your dues and fill up the unions pockets.
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance

Ok how about this we forgo any enhancements to our contract in lieu of getting job protection (haha). If I hear anything in the proposal that talks about job protection I'm gonna puke. Oh and by the way how can anyone declare the unskilled entity in our union has no say in what we negotiate in our contract as AMT's then they don't understand flow thru items such as healthcare 401k's and or pensions and any other item they pick and choose to flow thru except when it suits them to screw us directly such as sick leave, overtime compensation, holidays, vacation accrual ect...
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance

Am I reading this right?
The TWU is getting ready to basically negotiate with the IAM over differences in our respective CBAs BEFORE we start joint negotiations with the company??

OK great the committee teams have been picked.
What else has been done?
Have we got everything lined up to join the contracts? As far as what are we going to ask for in negotiations.
Are we going pension or 401k?
What overtime system are we going to use LUS or LAA?
Are we going to bid jobs like we do now at US or are we going to use a transfer list like AA?
This list can go on and on, Seems these guys got a lot of work to do and we have not gotten any update on none of it.
They asked for contract proposals what was the result of that? maybe a top ten list of the results.
Seems everything is a secret and there is a lack of communication to the guys on the floor.
We the AMT's need to have everything in order BEFORE we get to the table.
Hey don`t worry. I`m sure the fleet service clerk that is chairing the M&R team will have the AMTs best interest at heart (SARCASM). Things will NEVER CHANGE until we throw these bums off the property and have a MECHANICS union representing us.

Back