Continental Negotiations.....or is it TWU

Chuck Schalk

Veteran
Nov 17, 2006
maintenance and related negotiators met with continental airlines for negotiations.  The union made it clear that the company is profitable and enjoying sustained low fuel prices that will benefit them for a prolonged period  of time.
The company shot back with here is your contract. The union looked at it in shock and walked out.

What i have been told is the company offer was exactly the TWU concessionary agreement of 2012! (dont forget 2003 concessions)
7 weeks vacation to % weeks
12 sick days a year to 5 days
first day sick.....4 hours pay
and read the rest for yourself..........

all i can say is thank you Don V. Bobby Gless, and Jim Little for lowering the bar for the undustry and allowing the other airlines to use our concessionary contract against them. We warned you about this happening when we were voting on the TWU 2012 concessionary contract.and here ir is.  How does continental and southwest argue any points when our non-union contract is being used against them. The airlines cite the TWU contract  as a cost disadvantage!

Our 2003 and 2012 concessionary agreements have set the industry back so far we will never recover in our career lifetime.
The companies have full language advantage and concessions to pull out for the industry to swallow.

great job guys, you should be proud of your accomplishment

qhy don't you guys go tell the continental mechanics how great our contract is........

Reactions: 4 people
This is exactly why Southwest/AMFA and UAL/IBT negoatiations are dragging along. Airline management is waiting for the TWU/IAM Association to set a new low standard and they don't want to be trapped in a higher cost agreement.

Just watch, the TWU/IAM assocation will get an agreement and the rest of the industry will follow quickly.

TWU sucks so bad even the other airline management the industry counts on them in their respective AMT negotioations. 

Reactions: 10 people
Reactions: 1 person
Good thing the TWU sat around with their thumbs up their asses waiting on the IAM's section 6 negotiations before even filing for a single carrier determination. The pmUS IAM payrates (for which you guys waited) are nothing to write home about. The "association" didn't even file its petition for single carrier determination until about the time the APA's petition was granted. Meanwhile, the pilots and the flight attendants have already ratified their new combined CBAs, with modest increases.

Back at the "association," nothing but excuses.

The merger closed almost 17 months ago, and so far, the TWU and IAM have nothing to show for it. Damned impotent losers.

Cue the TWU and IAM apologists with their usual litany of excuses. Long on excuses, short on results.

Reactions: 5 people
http://teamsterair.org/node/743Q

"Wouldnt it be much more productive and even show some good faith if the company did the right thing and offered a package that was not concessionary to a large group of our technicians? Wouldnt it make more sense to respect the dedication and hard work of the very people they are so concerned about who are offended by the way management treats them for the loyalty and hard work they have shown?"

Overspeed this is from the Teamsters not a Company posting, seems it wasn't a great deal for everyone, and divisive! On the other hand is sounds like something the TWU would knock chairs over getting away from the negotiations table so it could bring it back for a sellout campaign and vote cumulating in it passing by 25 votes..

With the shortage of experienced technicians and the new era of aircraft and their complexity you would think the unions would push the point of supply and demand. Instead they continue to follow the old method of wait and see what the other guys get. When are we going to learn that we need to fight for our own class and craft filing as well as our own craft union representation. The old mantra we have the strength in numbers and financial strength and so on is worthless. The proof is right in front of our faces. It is not working.

I would think with the mechanic count at United we would get a better contract, United has more pilots then mechanics.

Vortilon said:
GTD,  what's the details of your new contract besides the $11500.00 signing bonus?
There is no "new contract". Saying that, I am being told we should have a TA by the beginning of October. Word is there will be a buyout and a hundred thousand seems to be the number going around.

Reactions: 2 people
gtd said:
There is no "new contract". Saying that, I am being told we should have a TA by the beginning of October. Word is there will be a buyout and a hundred thousand seems to be the number going around.
Hey gtd.  I remember when we first heard from our company that we should have a contract by summer of 2013.  Here we are over 3 years later and still no contract, TA, or anything close to anything.  When I see it I will believe it.  
gtd, funny you mention the buy-out and the 100k stuff.  We have heard of the possible being offered here at SWA (but of course just rumors) and also told that the buy-out (if it were to happen) wouldn't happen until next year some time.  Hearing the same amount as you guys are 100k, as they now know if they really wanted people to leave in the Freedom 09, they should have offered 100k not 75k. Also hope you guys get a TA by Oct.  Our pilots have come to an agreement in principle again and we will see if this one goes to the pilot membership for a vote after the MEC meets on Sept 14th and votes.  Pretty sure things will speed up alot now that we are in mediation, it sure did alot with the pilots group. 30 days of mediation and bam, they have an agreement.  I am hearing the co wants to get something done before the UPS boys come to an agreement.  Good luck gtd, hope you guys see an offer 50 plus and it's what the membership wants...

Latest posts