Copenhagen...2008

If US were to order the 787, would Boeing help by letting US lease some 767's? What is waiting times for the 767,777 and 787 respectively?

I'd be very surprised and disappointed if US doesn't acquire additional widebodies by next year, whether it be 332s if they stick with the 350 or some 763s or 777s if they go with the 787.

As for the difference between the NW and US 757s, the NW layout is 16J/144Y and US is 12J/167Y so that's 19 more seats, bags, etc. I'm not exactly sure how much that affects the ranges, but it's something to keep in mind.

I'd be very surprised and disappointed if US doesn't acquire additional widebodies by next year, whether it be 332s if they stick with the 350 or some 763s or 777s if they go with the 787.

As for the difference between the NW and US 757s, the NW layout is 16J/144Y and US is 12J/167Y so that's 19 more seats, bags, etc. I'm not exactly sure how much that affects the ranges, but it's something to keep in mind.

Guys, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I do think that these types of expectations are way off. As we work for an airline that is not in political favor. I don't expect to see any awards coming down for China. Or anything else of true market value.

Hopefully I'm wrong. But we work for a carrier, who is undergoing deep labor unrest. Heck, we aren't even sure what union will represent us a year from now. Also, our company saddled the federal government with our pension plan-costing them billions-with a b.

Now why would the federal government grant us routes to any market that adds value to our ever increasing trade deficit? Especially where there are more solid airlines in line for those same routes-who just so happen to already have the aircraft capable of flying them?

Just my 2 cents worth.

This is an easy one... US learned this one their east coast - west coast runs... Schedule the flight on an A-320 and then have to stop for fuel "unexpectedly" a few times.

In all fairness, I'd like to see US lease a few 767-300ERs. It seems like Doug Parker's attitude is Boeing is the devil, even if it means cutting off his nose to spite his face. I hope US doesn't sit on its hands waiting for the A350 to finally roll off the assembly lines.

Guys, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I do think that these types of expectations are way off. As we work for an airline that is not in political favor. I don't expect to see any awards coming down for China. Or anything else of true market value.

Hopefully I'm wrong. But we work for a carrier, who is undergoing deep labor unrest. Heck, we aren't even sure what union will represent us a year from now. Also, our company saddled the federal government with our pension plan-costing them billions-with a b.

Now why would the federal government grant us routes to any market that adds value to our ever increasing trade deficit? Especially where there are more solid airlines in line for those same routes-who just so happen to already have the aircraft capable of flying them?

Just my 2 cents worth.
Open Skies takes affect next March 2008. Won't need any government approval to fly to Europe. Just need the aircraft and crew!

Can HP/pilots negotiate and fly this route out of PHL? aka the Glass and gang effect

Can HP/pilots negotiate and fly this route out of PHL? aka the Glass and gang effect
Presuming a single certificate by next summer, the only thing that would prevent that is the current lack of suitable airplanes on the West side. Actually, West could fly nearly 1/2 of the current European flights if they had the airplanes (and a single certificate or suitable planes on the West certificate).

Jim

From what I have seen HP pilots are very hurry for international flying they will chase the carrot when Glass puts it out there.

Back