"Corporate Restructuring" Announcement?

BonTemps

Aug 31, 2005
Heard rumblings of some kind of restructuring announcement coming right after the first of the year....anyone heard? I've heard rumors from 10% Management layoff to stations getting rid of CSMs alltogether. One station (LAX) apparently has ordered all of their managers to a mandatory meeting on Jan 06, even those on VC are required to attend.

Heard rumblings of some kind of restructuring announcement coming right after the first of the year....anyone heard? I've heard rumors from 10% Management layoff to stations getting rid of CSMs alltogether. One station (LAX) apparently has ordered all of their managers to a mandatory meeting on Jan 06, even those on VC are required to attend.
Rumblings??? Try eating, man jen-x are so disconnected from them selves!!
Sorry but I will not drink the kool-aid your serving us!!!!!

I don't understand the above baby boomer speak very well, I'm not serving Kool-Aid but maybe a beer. Anyhoo..MIA and DFW CSM's have also been summonned to mandatory hush hush meetings in Jan. We'll see. Maybe the Crew Chiefs will end up reporting directly to the MOD's.. when all is said and done.

Anyhoo..MIA and DFW CSM's have also been summoned to mandatory hush hush meetings in Jan. We'll see. Maybe the Crew Chiefs will end up reporting directly to the MOD's.. when all is said and done.

Who will do the bird dogging and hiding behind objects as we do our jobs? :lol:

Whoever was in charge of pushing back my delayed flight out of Miami yesterday should lose their job. Explain to me how it is possible to take 40 minutes after the door is close to get a push back crew!? Sloppy sloppy management!

Whoever was in charge of pushing back my delayed flight out of Miami yesterday should lose their job. Explain to me how it is possible to take 40 minutes after the door is close to get a push back crew!? Sloppy sloppy management!

Please, can I. The first issue was AT... then checking to see if the OAT is warm enough to cook off primer caps. since it was reported the other day that the pax bag was reported as being place on the ground, It was likely dropped. second issue was FB... then checking for fragments. third issue was DE... then checking powder. last but not least was the un-marked units. not to bad for 40 minutes, right.

Who will do the bird dogging and hiding behind objects as we do our jobs? :lol:

It is pretty funny you mentioned "bird dogging."
I can tell you that at JFK, the supervisors, er managers...er I mean to be supervisors again....are simply BABY SITTERS!

The hire the worst of the worst with little or no experience and pay them a pittance. All but 2 of the JFK supervisors have less experience than the most junior mechanic.

I wonder when AA will wake up and realize that hiring babysitters is a waste of money.
It is funny how all we hear is that "labor costs" are too high, but hiring more and more supervisors is exempt from the equation!

It is pretty funny you mentioned "bird dogging."
I can tell you that at JFK, the supervisors, er managers...er I mean to be supervisors again....are simply BABY SITTERS!

The hire the worst of the worst with little or no experience and pay them a pittance. All but 2 of the JFK supervisors have less experience than the most junior mechanic.

I wonder when AA will wake up and realize that hiring babysitters is a waste of money.
It is funny how all we hear is that "labor costs" are too high, but hiring more and more supervisors is exempt from the equation!
These "baby-sitters" and other like soupervision/(mis)management is evidently intended to be comic relief for the rabble - but I ain't laughing.

I've alway believed the management ranks swell when those at the top need scapegoats to blame their failings on, from one or two "goats" at the bottom to a few hundred per salaried twit at the upper levels. Worst of all, it's tolerated.

Explain to me why it takes 2 years to settle a labor contract
Maybe your push back delay and the contract delay are related somehow :eek:

Explain to me why it takes 2 years to settle a labor contract
Maybe your push back delay and the contract delay are related somehow :eek:

It is managements responsibility to ensure that someone pushes a plane back in a timely manner. If you are not in self help then it is up to AA to discipline that employee for not doing their job.

It is managements responsibility to ensure that someone pushes a plane back in a timely manner. If you are not in self help then it is up to AA to discipline that employee for not doing their job.

Before you throw the crew under the bus did it occur to you that management has understaffed the place so badly it is not uncommon for live departures and arrivals to sit? I know at LGA we routinely have planes sit waiting for a park or push crew simply because we aren't staffed for it.They have eliminated so many heads in the quest to get efficient it has bitten them in the hindquarters.

I can not tell you the number of times I've pushed a plane off a gate only to be told my next arrival is on the ground at gate ___ and is waiting to be parked.Hilarity ensues when Captain of said plane comes storming down the jetbridge and demands to know why he waited X minutes to be parked.I give him Art Torno's email address and advise him to address his concerns with the "Director of New York".

Reactions: 1 person
Before you throw the crew under the bus did it occur to you that management has understaffed the place so badly it is not uncommon for live departures and arrivals to sit? I know at LGA we routinely have planes sit waiting for a park or push crew simply because we aren't staffed for it.They have eliminated so many heads in the quest to get efficient it has bitten them in the hindquarters.

I can not tell you the number of times I've pushed a plane off a gate only to be told my next arrival is on the ground at gate ___ and is waiting to be parked.Hilarity ensues when Captain of said plane comes storming down the jetbridge and demands to know why he waited X minutes to be parked.I give him Art Torno's email address and advise him to address his concerns with the "Director of New York".

First of all, I was responding to the suggestion that the crew was purposely slowing down to "teach the company a lesson". This came from one of your own and not me. Secondly, it is the responsibility of the the local managers to ensure someone is there and like I said in my first post...if that someone isn't doing their job then they owe an explanation.

First of all, I was responding to the suggestion that the crew was purposely slowing down to "teach the company a lesson". This came from one of your own and not me. Secondly, it is the responsibility of the the local managers to ensure someone is there and like I said in my first post...if that someone isn't doing their job then they owe an explanation.

A motivated and well paid work force can make management shine, Workers in this condition need little supervision and the work gets done, however when management treats their workers with contempt and pays them poorly then managements job becomes that much harder and their true level of expertise becomes revealed.

Can you guess what the condition of the average AA worker is?

I think your experience is self explanitory, "there was nobody available to park you for 40 minutes", maybe the crew had to go to lunch, and since there's no longer a "paid lunch" in the contract why should they volunteer to do it on their own time so you dont have to wait? Your time may be more valuable to you but it isnt to anyone else, especially someone who has to work two jobs to maintain what he used to able to support with one.

The fact is its a little hypocritical for upper managemnt to destroy the morale of the workforce then demand to know why the workers arent putting out like they used to.

Reactions: 1 person
A motivated and well paid work force can make management shine, Workers in this condition need little supervision and the work gets done, however when management treats their workers with contempt and pays them poorly then managements job becomes that much harder and their true level of expertise becomes revealed.

Can you guess what the condition of the average AA worker is?

The fact is its a little hypocritical for upper managemnt to destroy the morale of the workforce then demand to know why the workers arent putting out like they used to.

Management 101. A happy employee is a productive employee!! What a concept???