"Cost neutral!"

It is fun to watch PITGUY 'eat' himself over time and never come to the correct conclusion.OLDIEBUTGOODY found it for him. The pilot group never had a say in anything concerning the IAM strike in '92. We just did our job, while the mechs destroyed equipment, cut wireing in aircraft and were arrested in PIT for trying to sneek onto the Airport ............. all fact, as the media reported it !??!
The big problem is so many feel they need to try and destroy what they use to be part of.....while those of us who stayed, are at least trying to make it work for ourselves, our families and all who had the grit to carry on, or in some cases, nowhere else to go.
PITGUY, let it fly ..... I sometimes think you may be 700UW/LAVMAN...........the style and insulting way is much the same.
Take care guys, I'm tired and am going to sleep.

TTFN I can't wait for PHX, I've had enough of the East coast.

Gee lets see what false information shall I tackle first?

First of all Pitguy is not I, he is someone else.

Second, ALPA made a deal with the company if they did not honor the IAM all pilots would get paid for trips not flown due to the strike.

Lets see, the company grounded all the F28s, DC-9s,F100s, MD-80s and 737-200s, the company paid EVERY SINGLE PILOT their trip pay, which they did not have to do because of the IAM strike. Why did pilots come in on their own time and clean planes? Why did pilots clean planes during turn flights and perform struck work?

Third,there was no wiring cut, no mechanic sabotaged an airplane and put anyone's life in danger. Prove it!

So why don't you post facts instead of mistruths?

Why did ALPA whine to Schofield about the "Thanks For Nothing, ALPA" Buttons the Mechanic and Related wore when we came back to work?

Third,there was no wiring cut, no mechanic sabotaged an airplane and put anyone's life in danger. Prove it!
I remember when I was in hanger 5 pit that a mechanic in CLT did indeed dike/cut a wiring harness. They found him by back tracking the paper work, got it down to a few mechanics and told them all they would be fired if the guilty party didn't fess up, he was fired on the spot and the feds went after him too.

A manager told us that, MANY of us while we sat there eating lunch in the break room. I guess that manager didn't have the facts?

Regardless I and many others remember that very well, and printing otherwise on these boards won’t make it go away. It had nothing to do with the union, the mechanic was obviously a troubled soul, and received his just reward too!

700UW is wrong on most accounts. Pilots DID NOT get a vote on the issue. Plain and simple. If I recall, pilots had just made some concessions to the company to settle their contract. Mechs wanted to keep licensed mechanics on pushbacks at all stations and other expensive items that made no sense to any other group, especially in light of the competition in the markets. Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but those that continue to harbor these grudges are flat wrong.

Funny the Mechanic and Related Strike was not over reciept and dispatch, all mechanics were gauranteed a job in the hangar as we were expanding heavy maintenance.

It was over the way the company wanted to enact the concessions.

And hate to tell you this since you were not an IAM member in 1992, we took concessions and lost 50% of the mechanics on the line.

Funny how all you pilots avoid the facts your union made a deal with the company to get paid no matter what as long as you cross the picketline, funny how numerous fleet types were parked and you ALL GOT PAID! And what about the pilots performing struck work?

At least the courts had to order the AFA back to work.

Funny the Mechanic and Related Strike was not over reciept and dispatch, all mechanics were gauranteed a job in the hangar as we were expanding heavy maintenance.

It was over the way the company wanted to enact the concessions.

And hate to tell you this since you were not an IAM member in 1992, we took concessions and lost 50% of the mechanics on the line.

Funny how all you pilots avoid the facts your union made a deal with the company to get paid no matter what as long as you cross the picketline, funny how numerous fleet types were parked and you ALL GOT PAID! And what about the pilots performing struck work?

At least the courts had to order the AFA back to work.

I agree, the pilots did make a joke out of the mechanics as I was one on the receiving end. The pilots (one individual pilot that is) slammed us on TV with a snide remark of mechanics being just above functioning in their thinking processes. Union against union brother played right into the companies hand and the pilots made out, that time. That was back then, we see how the pilots loyalty to the company paid them back. So in the end they lost their dignity along with their salaries, benefits and pensions, not to mention a career everyone envied that is now just another so so job until something better comes along. Their 30 shillings of silver came at a very steep price, in the end they received their just reward.

Unions End Long Strike At Continental Airlines

AP
Published: April 18, 1985

Two unions announced today that they were ending their 18-month strike against Continental Airlines, saying the walkout ''was no longer effective.''

''We have notified the company that we're available immediately,'' said Linda Downing, spokesman for the Union of Flight Attendants Local No. 1.

The International Assocation of Machinists and Aerospace Workers also agreed to call off its strike, she said.

The unions represent 2,100 mechanics and 2,600 flight attendants. About half the workers in each union had already returned to work, officials said.

Continental filed for protection from its creditors under Federal bankruptcy laws on Sept. 24, 1983. Pilots, mechanics and flight attendants walked out the next month, objecting to pay cuts and increases in working hours. The pilots are continuing to strike.
------

Guess we'll have to start referring to the SCAB mechanics and the SCAB IAM that crossed the pilot's picket line. Wonder if there was a "secret" deal made with the company to get them to cross.

Meanwhile, I was paying ALPA strike assessments to support the striking pilots. Those SCAB mechanics were getting paid and their SCAB IAM was collecting dues, though.....

Isn't that right, pitguy? 700UW? 700IAM?

Jim

Bingo!!!! In my opinion the same goes for the IAM at NWA!!! Had the option not to cross but instead decided upon the old "I got mine"attitude. Cannot give up the dues monies to support another union on strike!!

All you SCABS are no fun. You don't want to play any more.

What's the matter pitguy - don't want to play anymore?

How about this then....

----
Pilots Strike Forces Northwest To Temporarily Cancel Flights
By Frank Swoboda
The Washington Post
WASHINGTON

Northwest Airlines Saturday canceled all flights until at least mid week in the face of a pilots strike that may be just the the beginning of potential labor troubles for the nation's fourth-largest airline.

The airline announced it was canceling all of its 1,700 daily flights after more than 6,000 members of the Air Line Pilots Association walked off their jobs shortly after midnight Saturday in a dispute over a new labor contract.

Also canceled were hundreds of daily flights on Northwest's commuter operations that often provide the air link for thousands of small communities in the nation's mid-section.

Maggie Jacobsen, chairwoman of the National Mediation Board, who has been mediating the dispute, said she wanted to give both sides a few days to "reassess their positions." It is unlikely that there would be any new talks before mid-week.

The airline's labor troubles will move to a second front Monday when Northwest will have to answer a request by its largest union - the International Association of Machinists - that it be allowed by the National Mediation Board to strike in 30 days. The IAM represents 27,000 Northwest employees.

This story was published on August 3, 1998.
------

What's this - another pilot picket line that the SCAB IAM and it's SCAB mechanics didn't honor......

What say you, pitguy? 700UW? 700IAM??

Jim

What's the matter pitguy - don't want to play anymore?

=================================================

:lol:

I love you Jim...you're one of the best on here and a pillar virtue compared to the many pilots who think 35 thousand feet means they are closer to the all mighty and some of the almightiness rubs off :p

Oh, I've got as big an ego as the next guy. Just always try to remember where I came from, though - a farm boy that traded the tractor for a plane.....

Jim

I understand your anger at management, but please try to keep focused on the fact that we are here for the customers, and without them, we wouldn't be here. I'm not asking you to care about the company once you are gone, but until then, please make the passengers your top priority.
Thank you.

What a pig!

The pax have always been my priority. Something management could do, for once.

You don't listen very well, do you! Are you from NASCAR country that you could make such a supremely cretatious statement that you did?

Are you from NASCAR country....
Would that be California? Or Chicago? How about St Louis? Or Michigan? Or New Hampshire? Indy, maybe? Or New York? Or Delaware? Could it be Vegas? Milwaukee? Phoenix?

Or :)shock:) Pennsylvania?

Jim

Would that be California? Or Chicago? How about St Louis? Or Michigan? Or New Hampshire? Indy, maybe? Or New York? Or Delaware? Could it be Vegas? Milwaukee? Phoenix?

Or :)shock:) Pennsylvania?

Jim

No, from the part of the country with the "fine arts and cultural center" located NE of the city, bubba-stupid-ville. You know, the idiots who embraced the moron who was being paid by the company, the latter day carpet-bagger, Michael Glanzer.

Shouldn't have traded your tractor.......

You know, the idiots who embraced the moron who was being paid by the company, the latter day carpet-bagger, Michael Glanzer.
Oh - like the "cultural elites" in BOS, the "literati" in LGA, the "connoisseurs" in DCA?

At least on the farm we learned that idiots can be found anywhere. They're usually the ones that think they're better than everyone else.....

Jim

Back