Country Safer With Openly Gay Troops

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
Now I can finally sleep at night........

I suppose if there are open demonstrations of gay pride on the battlefield, straits will have a survival advantage.

Makes on wonder how Muslims will react to gay prisoners of war.

The Pentagon on Tuesday toasted gays in the military, with a top adviser to President Obama declaring the country is “safer” now that homosexuals may serve openly.
“Because we repealed ‘don’t ask, don’t tell,’ our military … is stronger and our country is safer, more equal and more just,” said Valerie Jarrett, the keynote speaker at the Pentagon’s gay pride celebration.

“Stand up. Come on,” Ms. Jarrett said. “Whoo. Whoo.”
She added, “Change is knowing that you are free to be who you are and love whomever you want without fear of harassment or losing your job, just like everyone else.”
Ms. Jarrett called the repeal of the gay ban “one of the most significant civil rights accomplishments of the president’s career.”

"First on the agenda, is to do something with those horrendous, fashion-lacking uniforms !", Ms. Jarrett was overheard saying !​

A Patriot is a Patriot! If an openly gay person signs up to defend the corporations and banks who run the country I say Bring your friends, the more the merrier. Defense of Liberty is not based upon sexual preference. For the record, I DO NOT approve of the gay lifestyle, I think it sinful and wrong. However in the US we have the Creator given right to live as we choose and if gays are willing to join the military to help preserve the rights we all enjoy then why not?

I would think the biggest reason the country would be safer is blackmail. Any time someone is hiding something they are subject to blackmail and if gays no longer have to hide their sexual orientation that is one less thing that someone can hold against the soldier.

Seems like a win win to me.

Reactions: 4 people