Crazy Res Rumor

:angry: I have heard that Corporate is considering implementing some sort of dress code for reservations. I guess they figure that since they gave us the five percent deferral back that we can afford a new wardrobe.

Of all the problems that this company faces doesn't the res agents appearance come in around problem #237? Fill the planes, paint the planes, Put live TV on every seat, make a profit and chase WN out of PHL and then worry about the folks appearances who do not make visual customer contact!
But that is just my opinion!

The only way the company could possibly benefit from this is if they implement the new policy in conjunction with Bravo Television for a new TV show called "Queer Eye for the Res Agent". ;)

Amazing-focusing on what matters NOT!

For years their priorities are SCREWED UP.. :down:

CynicalResAgent said:
The only way the company could possibly benefit from this is if they implement the new policy in conjunction with Bravo Television for a new TV show called "Queer Eye for the Res Agent". ;)
Dont' worry, I'll come over and put you in a lovely tafeta gown!! :p

" I have heard that Corporate is considering implementing some sort of dress code for reservations"

Sweats and curlers just don't cut it anymore......... :)

What I heard was that they are considering a business casual enviroment but I cannot help but wonder why, with all the important issues facing this company, that this would even come up? We have the PIT problem, the Airbus Check problem, and a revenue problem. It just seems odd to me because it is an issue of aesthetics not survivability. I expect my management team to be searching for ways to lead us to profitability, not find another way to aggrevate another group of employees! :angry:

A business casual dress code is all that should be asked for. We are all adults and know not to show up at work or top non-rev in tube tops, flip flops, or cutoff jeans. I'm sure the res agents are not abusing dress codes, and should be able to be comfortable while sitting at work all day. This helps them provide better service. Now how about bringing back more res agents so customers can spend more time with them and less time on hold?

A dress code is definitely needed. Employees who dress in a professional manner are more likely to project a professional image while speaking with and handling customers. It's pretty pathetic to watch Dividend Miles customer service representatives who show up to work in sweat pants and shorts. It's downright tacky and has to have some effect on the way they are perceived by the customer. Besides, they may be on to something far more sinister. What a better way to start weeding out staff than to put in a dress code and enforce it vigorously. Those who fail to comply can easily be dismissed through the disciplinary process.

SpinDoc said:
A dress code is definitely needed. Employees who dress in a professional manner are more likely to project a professional image while speaking with and handling customers. It's pretty pathetic to watch Dividend Miles customer service representatives who show up to work in sweat pants and shorts. It's downright tacky and has to have some effect on the way they are perceived by the customer. Besides, they may be on to something far more sinister. What a better way to start weeding out staff than to put in a dress code and enforce it vigorously. Those who fail to comply can easily be dismissed through the disciplinary process.
I'll bet it makes you nuts every night knowing that Peter Jennings has jeans on while you are getting your dose of evening news.

Of course, since you can't actually see that, it probably does not bother you or sway your opinion of the job he's doing. Judging by his longevity and ratings, it never really bothered anyone else, either.

Every outfit I'm aware of that has actually enforced a dress code at a site that is pure call-center has lost money hand over fist, been thru Chapter 11, or liquidated.

I guess that explains why U is thinking about it :shock: .

Bob:

Check your PM. I am not a CCY manager and I do not believe in the Dave Lorenzo regime's treatment of the employees or their business plan. This company has no leadership right now, only management by fear. Dave and his buddies are systematically dismantling this company so that they can drive out as much cost as possible before RSA sells their stock to recoup their loss, and the ultimate goal is to consummate the failed merger with UA. My intentions on this board are to provide an alternative viewpoint and not to inflame, although I recognize that my comments can be inflamatory at times. A spirited debate often follows questionable remarks.

Respectfully,

SpinDoc

Looks to me like mgt is looking for something to do, instead of putting their efforts into marketing this airline and putting customers in the seats...A customer can't even see a reservation agent...lol

If the airline wants to give all reservation agents a monthy clothing allowance of say $50 a month to buy clothes, then that's a different story...

To help this company... we are making less money and paying more for any benefits we have left...We have given up pay...we pay more for our medical insurance...and gave up vacation days to turn this company around...

Now, it is up to mgt to use those givebacks to make this airline profitable...

Remember Southwest Airlines always makes a profit and their flight attendants even wear shorts and tennis shirts....lol...

Ya know I'd like to see all the managers wear tuxedos and formal gowns to work...That would reflect their work positions.... :huh:

My oh my has ave led us off the beaten path. By the way while you weren't looking dave out it to us again!

Attachments

• screw.jpeg
    screw.jpeg
    2 KB · Views: 88
I have heard the same. The only 2 things that I can think of is either one...one agent was dressing extremely tacky and instead of addressing that agent lets go ahead and change the dress code for all or 2 if we make them dress we can come and ask for concessions and give them back a more relaxed dress code....just my humble opinion......

Even though I'm not in res anymore, what MCORES says sounds like something they would do - moreso than any of the other conspiracies thrown about. I did want to mention that I don't think there is a very good argument that a business casual enviroment improves productivity. I saw people at IND come to work in tube tops and I was guilty of cut offs and sandals (insert your redneck slams here), but we still had the highest and best numbers and when we didn't - we were number 2. I realize the center closed, but that was because of financial issues (highest seniority of all res centers) and the death of Metrojet. Many things were done to punish the whole "class" for the screwup of one person, so this is probably just another to add to that list.

If they are that worried about the way that the res agents dress they really ought to try and work on the uniforms for agents and flight attendants they are really the sad looking outfits of the front line performers

This whole thing is cracking me up... I'm living off an unemployment check and you're worried that you may actually have to look like an office worker going into work... PLEASE !!! If it's the cost you're worried about. I do believe JC PENNEY is running a SALE !!! OR maybe you should try TJ MAX, MARSHALLS, Burlington Coat Factory or Value City. Build a Bridge and Get OVER IT !!! ;)

Latest posts

Back