Curious To Know Where Sw Ranks At Your Airport

weatherman

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Seems like SW dominates most airports that they serve. Is this statement true? Where are they #1 and if they are not #1 what is their rank? Here is what I know off the top of my head.

ALB
BNA
BWI
DAL
HOU
ISP
MHT
PVD

Not #1, but don't know rank

BDL
CLE
DTW
FLL, I think #3 behind DL and AA
JAX, #2 behind DL?
MCO, #2 behind DL??
RDU

How about TPA are they #1 or still behind DL? Are they #1 in both ORF and BUF?

weatherman said:
Seems like SW dominates most airports that they serve. Is this statement true? Where are they #1 and if they are not #1 what is their rank? Here is what I know off the top of my head.

ALB
BNA
BWI
DAL
HOU
ISP
MHT
PVD

BDL
CLE
DTW
JAX, #2 behind DL?
MCO, #2 behind DL??
RDU

Better add MCI to the #1 group - SWA leads the others by SEVERAL flights per day.

weatherman said:

ALB
BNA
BWI
DAL
HOU
ISP
MHT
PVD

BDL
CLE
DTW
JAX, #2 behind DL?
MCO, #2 behind DL??
RDU

You forgot the "most obvious" location.

WN is #1 at BAN.

Make that, "BAN(K)" $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NH/BB's/RETIRED

33 flights a day in PDX, which puts them behind Alaska, Horizon, and possibly United (haven't checked UA's schedule lately) for total departures. No idea on ranking as far as passengers carried is concerned....

SWA has pulled flights OUT of GEG. Added GEG-LAS, but overall, SWA service is down in the Inland Empire.

They are number 1 in Tulsa. They have nonstops to Dallas, Houston, Kansas City, St. Louis, Phoenix and Las Vegas.

Fubijaakr said:
SWA has pulled flights OUT of GEG. Added GEG-LAS, but overall, SWA service is down in the Inland Empire.
Only by a few flights, and it depends on what time frame one is comparing: In the first schedule following the full assimilation of Morris (October '94), there were 10 daily GEG departures. Five years later, in '99, the number was up to 17. The current schedule has 14 daily departures.

SWA may dominate these airports in numbers, but the service needs to be improved greatly. 7 of my last 10 SWA flights were delayed. I don't buy the line, "it's the weather." Quit scheduling 50 flights that all arrive at PHX or LAS at the same time. The price isn't everything. SWA - your bubble is about to burst!

mga707 said:
...in '99, the number was up to 17. The current schedule has 14 daily departures.
Ummm...

17 - 14 = 3

SWA is -3 departures in GEG. Just as I said. They have reduced service in GEG.

Thanks for providing the exact numbers.

:rolleyes:

djlndc said:
SWA may dominate these airports in numbers, but the service needs to be improved greatly. 7 of my last 10 SWA flights were delayed. I don't buy the line, "it's the weather." Quit scheduling 50 flights that all arrive at PHX or LAS at the same time. The price isn't everything. SWA - your bubble is about to burst!
My recent experience differs. Of my last 8 WN legs (over the past six months), only one arrival was delayed (into DAL, and it departed ABQ on time), and that was only by 10 minutes. The other seven segments have all arrived between -15min to +5min of scheduled time. This includes arrivals into ABQ, DAL, IND, PHX, and TUS. Four of the eight departed in inclement weather as well.

Your one comment is strange, as WN is known as the originator of the "rolling hub", i.e. NOT scheduling massive numbers of arrivals/departures at one time!

If you fly in and out of Phoenix, America West's banks of flights screw everything up--combined with the fact that Phoenix controllers are some of the least imaginative. Las Vegas is about the same except that AWA is less to blame, ATC is more. Both airports are traffic snafu's.

Hi!

My airport is GRB, and they are #0 there.

#1 NWA
#2/3 AA/UAL
#4 DAL
#5 Midex

It would be great to get 2 flights/day from GRB-MDW!!!

CLiff
DTW

SWA is a BIG #1 in LAS. They are almost 2X times the size of AWA in terms of passengers in LAS and SWA is adding 5 or 6 more flights in June.

Back