Dal Applies For Nyc-eze

Rob

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
DAL applied Thursday for New York-Buenos Aires route authority and a frequency allocation to support daily flights. They must assume they know something that UAL didn't.

Delta has a much larger presence at JFK than UAL. They have a much better shot at competing with AA on that route. Delta has been wanting to expand to Latin America out of JFK for a long time and has been denied by the DOT at every turn, usually in favor of Continental's flights out of EWR.

Latin American flying is now a money maker.

Bravo Delta,

I flew Delta to the wedding of the year in Buenos Aires in Feburary, over 250 gringos went, we stayed at the Alvear Palace where any respectable gringo going to BA stays. ATL to EZE was great in Biz Elite. JFK to EZE with the feed Dal has at JFK is just perfect.

UA tried fighting AA from the traditional MIA & JFK gateways to EZE and Sao Paulo and lost but found success in cities it could feed, it hubs. Folks this is airline economics 101, flying to Argentina from Dulles and O'Hare works; what a miracle PRAISE THE LORD or Peron. When I was leaving BA, President's DAY here in the USA, I witnessed something I would say I have witnessed in Europe or Asia but not in South America, flights on multiple airlines to many North American cities. Air Canada to Toronto, UA to Washington and Chicago, AA to Dallas and yes Miami and JFK, & Delta to Atlanta. I could swear I was in Paris at CDG witnessing the usual flights going west accross the pond. Buenos Aires has finally joined the first world as a tourist destination extraordinaire, a safe place for gringos to go and experience the great Argentine steaks and hospitalilty. Go Delta go !!!

JFK777 said:
Bravo Delta,

I flew Delta to the wedding of the year in Buenos Aires in Feburary, over 250 gringos went, we stayed at the Alvear Palace where any respectable gringo going to BA stays. ATL to EZE was great in Biz Elite. JFK to EZE with the feed Dal has at JFK is just perfect.

UA tried fighting AA from the traditional MIA & JFK gateways to EZE and Sao Paulo and lost but found success in cities it could feed, it hubs. Folks this is airline economics 101, flying to Argentina from Dulles and O'Hare works; what a miracle PRAISE THE LORD or Peron. When I was leaving BA, President's DAY here in the USA, I witnessed something I would say I have witnessed in Europe or Asia but not in South America, flights on multiple airlines to many North American cities. Air Canada to Toronto, UA to Washington and Chicago, AA to Dallas and yes Miami and JFK, & Delta to Atlanta. I could swear I was in Paris at CDG witnessing the usual flights going west accross the pond. Buenos Aires has finally joined the first world as a tourist destination extraordinaire, a safe place for gringos to go and experience the great Argentine steaks and hospitalilty. Go Delta go !!!
[post="264048"][/post]​

I would like to go Argentina one day. I have heard about the great steaks and the high quality leather jackets there.

We gringos have failed to appreciate how well Argentina is recovering from its troubles of a couple years ago. The air traffic is back, at least, which CO has failed to recognize. Now as long as they don't totally stiff their debtholders ...

JFK777, congrats on staying at the Alvear Palace - a great old place.

Back