More South America?

gaucho99

Senior
Dec 21, 2006
With our recent approval to start gig and or gru, do we have plans for further expansion to South America? From the article below, which is over 1 year old, U.S. carriers are not utilizing all the approved slots for EZE(Buenos Aires). Since there are unused frequencies, can US Airways just decide to start service to EZE or do we need to apply for route authority first? Also, is it a market we want to get to, or is it already sufficiently saturated with flights from other carriers?

Delta noted that the U.S. and Argentine governments significantly increased the potential air service between the two countries in a 2007 treaty. Up to March 21, U.S. carriers could offer up to 98 weekly round trips, or 14 round trips a day. On March 21, 2009, that number can go to 112 week round trips, or 16 round trips, Delta said.

At present, U.S. carriers are operating 56 weekly round trips, or eight a day, Delta said.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archive...fkbuenos-a.html

No reason why BSB LIM SCL EZE VVI CCS should not be part of route system already. Also BOG but DOT did not give us that.

PTY. Continental uses a 737-800 daily from both EWR and IAH, and I remember it was always very hard to non-rev on. Spirit goes out of FLL and AA out of MIA and DFW. They all do well. Very popular and a lot of demand to go there.

PTY has only been served from FLL. It was a great layover! If I remember correctly, the flights were nearly full.

PTY was nearly full all the time and so was GUA still not sure why GUA went away, even out of CLT it was doing good..also the daily PHL SDQ was always full than it went away now its back just frin and sat evening another one I dont know why doesnt run daily

PTY was nearly full all the time and so was GUA still not sure why GUA went away, even out of CLT it was doing good..also the daily PHL SDQ was always full than it went away now its back just frin and sat evening another one I dont know why doesnt run daily

The excess baggage was too much and Airways fell behind. Then there was too much pilferage and bags being stolen on the vendors end when the bags finally ended up in SDQ. Too much liability!

Does the East have layovers in the Carribiann, South America, and Mexico?

The evening arrivals to certain Caribbean/Mexico destinations trigger a layover. Other than that it's a same day trip to the islands and back. GIG will have a layover but that's because of the length of the flight.

I know the PHL-SJU late PM flight and PHL-SDQ as well as PHL-CUN have all triggered layovers. Also, a friend of mine said she has been to BDA a few times on trips, so maybe BDA still?

-Kinglobjaw

A problem no doubt in many 3rd world countries. No doubt it was made worse by the terminal cheapness of the current regime hiring the cheapest contractor.

Substitute "3rd World Country" in this sentence, and "PHL" and one wonders if stones should be thrown at "3rd World Countries", Seems to me PHL has as much or greater problems in recent years.

Latest posts