Dates set for ramp vote

Okay, envelope math says that the IAM lost by 545. Time to start the interference charges.

They lost by 54, plus another 3000 who didn't think it was worth voting. 38% in favor of a union if you take into account the non-voters (which I know isn't the case anymore, but I suspect a re-vote might motivate a few more of them to vote no than not).

If you include the non-voters as No's, it looks like tea partier Christine O'Donnell got a higher percentage of votes (40.1%) than the IAM.

Interference charges would just confirm what the AFA has been saying.
That the workers are easily misled and get distracted by shinny objects.
No respect for the majority of the workers voice.

Go read the recent rulings I posted in the FA vote thread, and then let me know if there was interference...

http://airlineforums.com/topic/49846-and-the-envelope-please/page__view__findpost__p__768934

Claiming interference and getting the NMB to agree to a revote are two different standards...

Considering WHO's on the NMB, I wouldn't doubt that they would side
with the AFA. The Charges are ridiculously SAD.

When will the former NW ramp people start wearing the DAL uniforms?

As soon as DL has Cintas send them out. As noted previously, we (PMNW) ordered them over 1 year ago. Pants, shorts, and belts have long been delivered. Shirts and coats are still to go.

..." 53% of those casting ballots voted against union representation. The outcome "just goes to show you that the Delta family still exists," said Bobby Cotton, one of 5,569 baggage handlers who cast a "no" vote."... But if that's so Bobby, why do the pilots need a union? :blink:

..." 53% of those casting ballots voted against union representation. The outcome "just goes to show you that the Delta family still exists," said Bobby Cotton, one of 5,569 baggage handlers who cast a "no" vote."... But if that's so Bobby, why do the pilots need a union? :blink:
It is called The Airline Pilots Association ALPA. It acts more like an advocate then a union.

Wonder how many stations DL will now outsource, that were protected by the CBA, there will be layoffs.

My guess: Hubs, and a few gateways stay (ie BOS, LGA, LAX, and the like). The rest? Toast w/in 18-24 mos.

Delta has had a non-unionized labor force working their ramps for many years, and now that the union has been rejected, Delta will now contract out their stations? Not sure that makes a lot of sense. I am curious though if the NWA ramp agents were topping-out at $21/hour (and I am just making a guess) while Delta non-union wage scale tops-out at $14/hour (and I am just making guess on that too), will those NWA agents be cut down to the lower rate? I would assume so, right? That's gonna leave a mark.

So Empathizes Jester.

Prior to the merger, DL only had 14 cities that were stilled staffed w/ mainline ramp. None were what you guys know as "field stations." NW had 40, many of which would qualify. Given DL's recent track record, coupled with the fact that the "threat" of a union is now gone, I don't see the FNT's, GRB's, and and the like being long for this world...

Prior to the merger, DL only had 14 cities that were stilled staffed w/ mainline ramp. None were what you guys know as "field stations." NW had 40, many of which would qualify. Given DL's recent track record, coupled with the fact that the "threat" of a union is now gone, I don't see the FNT's, GRB's, and and the like being long for this world...

Considering how few mainline flights there are in Green Bay and Flint, what's your justification for keeping full timers there?

FNT looks like 3 mainline flights a day and 6 or 7 regional jets.

GRB looks like 2 mainline and 10 regional jets.

Latest posts

Back