Daylight Savings Time

beachboy

Veteran
Jul 7, 2006
What is this all about coming out on Crew mail now? They want me to fall back THIS Sunday September 23rd? Do people read these things before they send them out? :huh:

Date: Monday, 17 September 2007 19:38 ET
To: *****
Subject: DST begins this Sunday!

Please be advised that the US federal government is implementing
changes to the dates for Daylight Saving Time effective this year. DST
will now begin the second Sunday in March and end on the first
Sunday in November. For year 2007, these dates are March 11 and
Nov. 4. Please remember to set your clocks and watches this Sunday!
Please also remember that your computer may not be updated
correctly either, unless you have downloaded the applicable
Microsoft patch. For more information, go to:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_dst

Thank you.

OK....I read that CBS this AM too.....about 3 times and couldn't figure out what the heck the point of it was! I decided that I didn't have enough coffee yet to figure it out! :huh:

It probably should have said "Please check the accuracy of your watches, clocks and time devices on Sunday in order to make certain that they did not automatically revert to the old date for changing to Standard Time from Daylight Savings Time.."

OK I can see your point there but Tempe can't seem to communicate basic things like that. We are over 4 weeks away from a time change. I am just tired of them not proof reading anything before they send it out to the world. It just made zero sense...like trying to remove headrests from the A330 doesn't either. Coulda Shoulda Woulda but not surprised with these people running things.

OK I can see your point there but Tempe can't seem to communicate basic things like that. We are over 4 weeks away from a time change. I am just tired of them not proof reading anything before they send it out to the world. It just made zero sense...like trying to remove headrests from the A330 doesn't either. Coulda Shoulda Woulda but not surprised with these people running things.

I agree.

Well at least they are consistent.

Can't communicate to customers or employees.
I've been saying THE SAME for over a year now. Someone else mentioned, "they would screw up a one car funeral". (More than likely these clowns would run the hearse off the road!) :rolleyes:

Well at least they are consistent.

Can't communicate to customers or employees.
PB you're a pip!! Almost never fail to make me chuckle! Thanks..I needed that.
Too bad some people can't understand the things and the connotations behind them.

It probably should have said "Please check the accuracy of your watches, clocks and time devices on Sunday in order to make certain that they did not automatically revert to the old date for changing to Standard Time from Daylight Savings Time.."

Nice try. But the old date to change to Standard Time was the last Saturday (Sunday morning, atually) in October. So, even if one's electronic gizmo had the old software, it wouldn't happen for another month anyway.

The short answer is that we work for morons.

I'm surprised they sent anything at all since Arizona doesn't observe DST, so you have to at least give Tempe credit for knowing that DST does exist. :blink:

Wasn't it sometime in October anyway??

Anyway, there was another CBS that went out correcting that.

NEXT!!

Well we know how self sufficient some of our working flight attendants are. You don't think some would have ran around their house/crash pad changing clocks on everything from their dvd/vcr to the car radio only to show up at the wrong time for their trip? These same folks couldn't find their way out of a five gate airport on an extra trip. :lol: Nov 7th ladies. (and gents). ;)

Back