DCA, LGA, BOS, & PA Airport Updates

----------------
On 7/3/2003 1:18:36 AM Chip Munn wrote:

In an interview with the Clarion Derrick & Herald, Senator Arlen Specter, (R-PA), described the fate of US Airways as "a major concern," both for Pennsylvania as a whole and individual communities where shuttle services are provided at regional airports.

"It is a very vital factor in Pennsylvania''s economy and Venango County''s economy. We are trying to keep the airline in operation, and I think we will ultimately be successful," he said.

Best regards,

Chip

----------------​

Newsflash: The PA congress delegation is not planning on lifting a finger for US until the PIT/PHL situations are resolved, particularly PIT.

I have this directly from two staffers for Specter, one ex-MDT, one ex-DCA.

----------------
On 7/3/2003 8:15:36 PM ClueByFour wrote:

----------------
On 7/3/2003 1:18:36 AM Chip Munn wrote:

In an interview with the Clarion Derrick & Herald, Senator Arlen Specter, (R-PA), described the fate of US Airways as "a major concern," both for Pennsylvania as a whole and individual communities where shuttle services are provided at regional airports.

"It is a very vital factor in Pennsylvania''s economy and Venango County''s economy. We are trying to keep the airline in operation, and I think we will ultimately be successful," he said.

Best regards,

Chip

----------------​

Newsflash: The PA congress delegation is not planning on lifting a finger for US until the PIT/PHL situations are resolved, particularly PIT.

I have this directly from two staffers for Specter, one ex-MDT, one ex-DCA.

----------------​

Not to mention that the PANYNJ probably doesn''t give a rat''s *ss about the desires of a PA senator. And remember, JetBlue has quite a bit of swing with NY''s electorate, so this may be a problem for NY''s senator (Schuster, I think) to give a favor on, because he is clearly been bought by JB.

Art said:"On a hot day, I doubt a mid sized airliner (757, A320 series) could carry a full load and enough fuel to make the coast using a 7000 foot departure runway"

Art...that shouldnt be a problem at all. UA''s 757s do LIH (Kauai,HI) to LAX with ETOPs fuel reserves off a 6500 runway and light pacific tailwinds. Its further from Hawaii to LAX than NYC to LAX.

Denver,CO

Just heard that there should be an announcement of additional Caribbean service to be announced on Monday (either this week or next) to one or tow of the cities listed in the topic line!. Some very interesting service, I may add. =)

And who didn''t know that was the plan when we orderd 300 RJ''s? Redeploying mainline airplanes to better match capacity and demand.

Better yet, why don''t I just reword my original comment so you will be happy.

Damn it! The company is going to announce additional Caribbean service out of the North East soon. That sucks! There go more jobs, more of my work to island contract employees. I have had it. Shut it down! STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!

Better?

From stations where we do have a LOT of US employees and hopefully additional opportunites to those that may get displaced. I tis very unfortunate, but a sad reality.

Well, this expansion will provide additional mainline flights for the stations involved, not a transition from mainline to express.

Mark, while we have increased service from CLT to the carribean we still have people walking out the door, they don''t move bodies around, they keep laying off.

Good morning from Shanghai!!!

Conventional wisdon would tell you that there would be an announcement of new service from CLT or somewhere to one of the few remaining Caribbean destinations that aren''t yet served by US, but could handle a mainline jet. That comes down to places like Port of Spain, Martinique, Curacao or Kingston. Given the moves that the Trinidadian government has been making to attract U.S. flights, POS would be the most logical choice.

The unconventional wisdom would be that US is attempting to get either 1) PANYNJ folks to permit service from LGA to SDQ or SJU or 2) MWAA/Congress to grant a beyond-perimeter exemption for DCA service to SJU.

The unconventional, unconventional wisdom would be that US decides to open up a "focus city" at SJU and attempts to take on AA''s Caribbean presence - broadside style.

Latest posts