Deal or No Deal Mentality Strikes Again!

Thanks, Bababooy. You just get to a point sometimes where you have to call 'em as you see 'em. I could only go so far listening to defenders of an airline with the customer service ratings of NW continually slam DL. I mean, it's not like NW is Singapore or Emirates.
As Nell Carter used to sing "Gimme a break.."

PS: cute dog...is he/she yours?

==================================================================

ALRIGHT Luke, take a few DEEP breaths !!

First off, .......I bet your a real good F/A,....... AND,....... I really applaud your trying HARD, .....to get...SELF RESPECT for yourself, and your Co-workers(Even though...you KNOW, with the addiction to DL "Southern Comfort",...OOPS, I meant "Southern KOOL AID", you face an UPHILL battle,.........But again, I really respect you for trying.)

If this "good deal" between NW and DL.....COLLAPSES, as it looks like its going to(by the hour), We'll SEE if the boys from HOT-LANTA, have the STONES to make it on their own($$$$)

Just because the RAT A$$ faced Bastard ..Steenland, is trying to "scuttle" the company he(so called) runs, because of a PRE-PLANNED conspiracy with Anderson, does NOT make DL a MAJOR Player !!!!!!

OIL could go to $200 a barrel,......and I know of 3 airlines that will STILL be flying, though altered significantly, and one of "them" would be BIG RED. Why ??....Because NW is a Player. Always has been, Always will be !!

Care to guess which 2 other airlines will still be flying if Jet-A doubles in price ??
(I think you already know WHO)(and one of them is NOT based in Georgia) :shock:

It IS, what it IS !..(A brutal business. NOT for the feint of heart) !!!!!!

=================================================================

Hey Kev,

I wasn,t sure if you were talking about BIG RED, Or AA.

Either way, your statement/shoe, would apply to/fit either company :rant:

That would be the Big Red Machine, Amigo....

P.S. I tried to edit my post for grammatical clarity, but that functions not working right now???

ALRIGHT Luke, take a few DEEP breaths !!

First off, .......I bet your a real good F/A,....... AND,....... I really applaud your trying HARD, .....to get...SELF RESPECT for yourself, and your Co-workers(Even though...you KNOW, with the addiction to DL "Southern Comfort",...OOPS, I meant "Southern KOOL AID", you face an UPHILL battle,.........But again, I really respect you for trying.)

If this "good deal" between NW and DL.....COLLAPSES, as it looks like its going to(by the hour), We'll SEE if the boys from HOT-LANTA, have the STONES to make it on their own($$$$)

Just because the RAT A$$ faced Bastard ..Steenland, is trying to "scuttle" the company he(so called) runs, because of a PRE-PLANNED conspiracy with Anderson, does NOT make DL a MAJOR Player !!!!!!

OIL could go to $200 a barrel,......and I know of 3 airlines that will STILL be flying, though altered significantly, and one of "them" would be BIG RED. Why ??....Because NW is a Player. Always has been, Always will be !!

Care to guess which 2 other airlines will still be flying if Jet-A doubles in price ??

The other 2 would be SWA and either VA or CAL ... Oil is rising by the day NHBB... Can I ask how you think this will affect the unions negotiations at AA?? I see that oil topped the mountains in DEN yesterday at 102 per barrell. I see some angry employees looming in the air this round.

The other 2 would be SWA and either VA or CAL ... Oil is rising by the day NHBB... Can I ask how you think this will affect the unions negotiations at AA?? I see that oil topped the mountains in DEN yesterday at 102 per barrell. I see some angry employees looming in the air this round.

=================================================================

HI-C,

Your SO VERY Correct(IMHO) about REALLY PISSED off employees if JET-A doubled in (todays) price !!

We both need to be mindful of the "pissed off" scenario, meaning that at AA there would be HUGE layoffs, with the "still working" FSC's/AMT's making "6 figures a year", without even trying(O/T) !

It happened that way in the early 80's, when Crandall first came on board. BOS was cut down to 11 flights a day. A SH!T Load of clerks had to bump DFW(which was bulking up). The ones still in BOS were making a killing($$$)

I can't speculate on anything V A does, but AA and WN would still be flying if Jet-A doubled.(Although WN's hedging is running out, I believe, whereas I just read an article recently, on AA saving significant "do-ra-mi" on there recent hedges.)

HEY, maybe some one might post the recent fuel hedging contracts that are in effect as of today, explaining about the time frame of the hedges of the Companies that DO have them ?
I believe that Not everyone has them.

I'm guessing that the carriers that have a SH!T load of Domestic service, would be REALLY Screwed with JET fuel doubled, as apposed to the carriers that have a lot of International flying.

Sticking it to a domestic trip(extra $50/60 a trip surcharge) would keep a LOT of people home, whereas a guy paying top money to fly(say) LAX/LHR might not feel the sting, if he got "whacked" an extra $100 !

Stay tuned brother, cause we've got "11" more Months of that IMBECILE :blink: in the WH. :down: :down:

HEY, maybe some one might post the recent fuel hedging contracts that are in effect as of today, explaining about the time frame of the hedges of the Companies that DO have them ?
What's been in annual reports.....

AA - 24% of 2008 needs @ an average jet fuel price of $2.31/gal
CO - 20% of 1Q08 + 5% of 2Q08 needs @ a range of heating oil prices of $2.22-$2.44/gal
DL - 24% of 2008 needs @ heating oil price of about $2.43/gal, 9% for 2009 @ crude oil price of $2.05/gal, 2% of 2010 @ crude price of $2.04/gal
NW - As of Feb, 45% of 1Q08 and 18% of 2008 @ between $78 & $97/bbl of oil (these are higher than for Dec 31,2007 - with only 10% of 2008 needs hedged - which is the time used by the others)
UA - 13% of 2008 needs @ crude oil price between $81 & $100/bbl

Jim

Once again, you are just bloviating your OPINION all over the board the way Linda Blair hurled pea soup in The Excorcist. That's fine but don't try to pass it off as fact. Perhaps you should learn proper posting abbreviations such as beginning a statement (not based in solid fact to back it up) with 'IMHO'--which stands for In My Humble Opinion.
I'll give it another try..where are your FACTS and figures to substantiate your OPINION that NW is a "player" and DL is not? What is your OPINION based on? What FACTS illustrate NW's strength over DL? (And it's not the % of fuel hedged as we can see.)
Even if you replied you believe this because passengers enjoy staring into space on 4 hour flights because NW has no domestic movies,..well, at least that's something. But as stated, I see no facts to back your OPINONS up.

Lets try these interesting "tid bits"

1. "WHY" was richard anderson(the FORMER ceo of NW)...."Leapfrogged" into the CEO chair, ahead of a couple of SOLID DL good ol' boys ? (A highly Unusual move by Conservative Southern DL)

2. Aside from UAL in "star", why not go after UAL, a much BIGGER plum, who was very anxious to deal, instead of NW ?

3. whether they are run by Incompetants or not (NW/Steenland....Ual/Tilton,..............UAL and NW are PLAYERS

(think asia)

Once again, you are just bloviating your OPINION all over the board the way Linda Blair hurled pea soup in The Excorcist. That's fine but don't try to pass it off as fact. Perhaps you should learn proper posting abbreviations such as beginning a statement (not based in solid fact to back it up) with 'IMHO'--which stands for In My Humble Opinion.
I'll give it another try..where are your FACTS and figures to substantiate your OPINION that NW is a "player" and DL is not? What is your OPINION based on? What FACTS illustrate NW's strength over DL? (And it's not the % of fuel hedged as we can see.)
Even if you replied you believe this because passengers enjoy staring into space on 4 hour flights because NW has no domestic movies,..well, at least that's something. But as stated, I see no facts to back your OPINONS up.
For someone that doesn't like to toot their company horn you sure pump it up quite a bit. I liked your deplomacy in your responce to my baited post. "SOME below-wing employees (and retirees), while contributing greatly to the daily operation of an airline, occasionally lose sight of the fact that we are in the business of safety AND CUSTOMER SERVICE." Just because we work below the wing doesn't mean we lack customer service skills. In the out stations we have plenty of customer contact and are very good a handling ourselves. Plus safety is key to us on the ground. Weather it be deicing or proper loading, we are usually the last to inspect the plane before takes off. I do like working some of your planes. I've worked your 767 on a few occasions due to the fact that DL had the city farmed out to Comair. Nice planes to work. Not as nice as a 330, but the plane was nice and the crews were great.

Lets try these interesting "tid bits"

1. "WHY" was richard anderson(the FORMER ceo of NW)...."Leapfrogged" into the CEO chair, ahead of a couple of SOLID DL good ol' boys ? (A highly Unusual move by Conservative Southern DL)

2. Aside from UAL in "star", why not go after UAL, a much BIGGER plum, who was very anxious to deal, instead of NW ?

3. whether they are run by Incompetants or not (NW/Steenland....Ual/Tilton,..............UAL and NW are PLAYERS

(think asia)

You are way to proud of yourself. Does your hand get tired from all that patting? :down:
Richard was brought on by the board of directors.
Remember, that guy winking in the corner of the room is Steenland. If you drop your keys, make sure you kick them all the way to the parking lot! :up: :up: :up:

You are way to proud of yourself. Does your hand get tired from all that patting? :down:
Richard was brought on by the board of directors.
Remember, that guy winking in the corner of the room is Steenland. If you drop your keys, make sure you kick them all the way to the parking lot! :up: :up: :up:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"scud",

I AGREE with everything you said, which I feel makes my point about DL "needing" a DEAL !

Yes-Yes, your correct about Steenland, he WAS in on this ATTEMPT.

Because KLM has been doing a lot of NW's european flying, the ONLY place I feel that NW has NOT done their Homework, is in the Caribbean, and SA.

Since domestic flying is becoming a "curse" word, lets do a side by side comparrison of DL + NW.

NW/KLM, over the Atlantic is most likely a "tie"

DL gets the nod for everything SOUTH of the usa.

NW RULES in the Far East(as does UAL).

NOW, who is the most DOMINANT company ?

It's a NO brainer(Steenland or NO Steenland)

OH, and there is one Guy(anyway) at DL, who knows just how DOMINANT NW is........................ANDERSON !!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Because KLM has been doing a lot of NW's european flying, the ONLY place I feel that NW has NOT done their Homework, is in the Caribbean, and SA.

NW/KLM, over the Atlantic is most likely a "tie"

Now you are using codeshare as a basis for global defintion? :huh:

NW RULES in the Far East(as does UAL).

Actually you have it backwards. UAL Rules then (NW)

NOW, who is the most DOMINANT company ?

Delta is the third largest airline. It has twice the number of widebodies that NW does. DL is the largest transatlantic airline and the second largest in the carribean an Latin America. Two places NW barely exists. NW's lone attribute is it's Pacific structure. That's it. Hardly what I would term a truely global carrier, that is unless you include codeshare as you do which I find laughable.

Delta and Air France by the end of 2008 will have completed phase one of their joint venture. This agreement under the new open sky law will link these two airlines even closer then the NW/KLM deal, which is saying a lot as that deal has been very profitable for both airlines. So profitable for KLM that it no doubt was an attraction for Air France when they bought KLM.

When this agreement is fully phased in Delta and Air France will have reach that is unprecedented! They will serve markets to Africa from Europe and the U.S. as well selling tickets from Europe and the U.S. to South America and the Caribbean. This joint venture is not a code share but much much closer to a merger.

As for domestic being a “curseâ€￾ I fear that NHBB has falling into the trap of regurgitating what the mass media tells him. Domestic flying is depressed, no doubt, but to imply that it is not needed or profitable is naïve. The U.S. is still the number one market in the world. All those profitable international routes that the media harps on need PAX from somewhere. The airline with a large domestic base AND a dominate international position will survive and thrive. I see Delta’s play for NW as a play not out of desperation but one of going for it all. If and it is a big if they can successfully complete a deal with NW and keep BOTH employee groups happy and engaged in the new entity. The new company, Delta, Northwest combined with Air France/KLM and soon to be Alitalia would be an airline that is in a position to compete in the world market and quite possibly dominate.

The fact that Doug looks the part of the fiend proves that Rich has got all of you fooled. He may not look the part but Rich is every bit as nasty and more calculating than Doug.
The DL fleet isn't as shiny and new as you think. DC9, MD-80, Whats the differance?
Entertainment in seat backs are not unique to DL.
The one thing unique to DL is their employees and their willingness to take it in the rear time and time again and turn around and defend that company as though it never happened.
NW employees are better off without DL non-union weekness.
NW and DL can both go it alone for now.

"Thank you SIR!, can I have another one PLEASE!

Delta and Air France by the end of 2008 will have completed phase one of their joint venture. This agreement under the new open sky law will link these two airlines even closer then the NW/KLM deal, which is saying a lot as that deal has been very profitable for both airlines. So profitable for KLM that it no doubt was an attraction for Air France when they bought KLM.

When this agreement is fully phased in Delta and Air France will have reach that is unprecedented! They will serve markets to Africa from Europe and the U.S. as well selling tickets from Europe and the U.S. to South America and the Caribbean. This joint venture is not a code share but much much closer to a merger.

As for domestic being a “curseâ€￾ I fear that NHBB has falling into the trap of regurgitating what the mass media tells him. Domestic flying is depressed, no doubt, but to imply that it is not needed or profitable is naïve. The U.S. is still the number one market in the world. All those profitable international routes that the media harps on need PAX from somewhere. The airline with a large domestic base AND a dominate international position will survive and thrive. I see Delta’s play for NW as a play not out of desperation but one of going for it all. If and it is a big if they can successfully complete a deal with NW and keep BOTH employee groups happy and engaged in the new entity. The new company, Delta, Northwest combined with Air France/KLM and soon to be Alitalia would be an airline that is in a position to compete in the world market and quite possibly dominate.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Interesting" point you make "wrench"........................."5" carriers to "possibly" Dominate.

AA could do it with just "2"..................................BA + JAL , and UNDISPUTABLY Dominate :shock:

Back