Death Threats against rivals

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Say what you will about the Koch Brothers, I've no particular love for them any more than I do any other Crony Capitalist. However I don't think that anyone should be subject to death threats credible or otherwise merely for their beliefs.

Criticize their activities? HELL YES!
Make points as to how their views are wrong misguided or whatever you feel? SURE, all day everyday!
Advocate alternative remedies? GO FOR IT!

Freedom of Speech exists not for discussion of the weather. It exists so that David Koch or anyone else can express their views without fear of reprisal for the government.

It is also a time worn tenet of Liberty that no individual has the right to initiate violence against another. A death threat is the initiation of violence and has no place in our society no matter how much you dislike someone or their views. I find these threats both sad and disturbing. Here is a snippet and link to the article.
David Koch, the billionaire businessman and philanthropist, says he was the target of 100 credible death threats last year alone because of his opposition to unions in the United States.

But the Post notes that Koch and his brother Charles, who share the No. 4 rank in the Forbes billionaire list, have broader charitable interests than just politics. David "holds board seats with 23 nonprofit groups and has pledged gifts totaling more than $750 million for cancer research, the arts and cultural institutions, according to his foundation," the Post reported.

MORE

This type behavior and response is accepted and supported on the left side of the aisle.

BUT IF FOR ONE MOMENT YOU CLOWNS ON THE RIGHT THINK THIS IS ACCEPTABLE YOU ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING.

This type behavior and response is accepted and supported on the left side of the aisle.

BUT IF FOR ONE MOMENT YOU CLOWNS ON THE RIGHT THINK THIS IS ACCEPTABLE YOU ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING.

I tend to agree with you. This time I get the sense that the above will no longer be the case.

Obama had best hope that Santorum or Paul get the nomination as the other two will go toe to toe with the Empty Suit with negative ads. Let's face it Obama doesn't have much of a record to run on.

I tend to agree with you. This time I get the sense that the above will no longer be the case.

Obama had best hope that Santorum or Paul get the nomination as the other two will go toe to toe with the Empty Suit with negative ads. Let's face it Obama doesn't have much of a record to run on.

True Sparrow, not much of a record to run on.
In my view, B O BEATS RP/RS + NEWT(x3) by at least 5 % points, And he beats MR by a bit closer margin.

In summary, B O who IS a weak Democratic candidate Beats ANY opponent the "Sad Sack" GOP runs against him. Now tell me,..What does THAT SAY about the strenght of the Ever shrinking (21%) Republican Party ?

The GOP is headed in the SAME Direction as my ol' man's 58' E D S E L !!!!!!!!!!

Where's the proof? I don't see anything in that puff piece substantiating Koch's claim. Not that I'd expect it, given the source...

Well if you take the blinders off you'll note he actively and openly supports Scott Walker who has had multiple, credible death threats that have been and are being investigated.

Secondly Gov. Christie of New Jersey hand a Teachers Union Leader state publicly that we should all pray for Gov. Christie's death.

Given the above, all of which is public record I tend to think the article was accurate. The death threat has been a Progressive tactic dating back to the WV Coal Field Wars of the early 1920's. he more recent history of organized labor shows us that fear and intimidation is the primary tool used to keep the rank and file in line.

Well if you take the blinders off you'll note he actively and openly supports Scott Walker who has had multiple, credible death threats that have been and are being investigated.

Secondly Gov. Christie of New Jersey hand a Teachers Union Leader state publicly that we should all pray for Gov. Christie's death.

Given the above, all of which is public record I tend to think the article was accurate. The death threat has been a Progressive tactic dating back to the WV Coal Field Wars of the early 1920's. he more recent history of organized labor shows us that fear and intimidation is the primary tool used to keep the rank and file in line.
You only cry about death threats when it is a conservative. How libertarian of you. Why haven't you been starting new threads when a liberal is threatened? I guess that is the ok kind of death threat? I don't remember you complaining about the threats to the democrats following the health care bill.

My link

Que the Omaha Beach rant again, or maybe the I sat with Eric Holder on an airplane once story...

You only cry about death threats when it is a conservative. How libertarian of you. Why haven't you been starting new threads when a liberal is threatened? I guess that is the ok kind of death threat? I don't remember you complaining about the threats to the democrats following the health care bill.

My link

Que the Omaha Beach rant again, or maybe the I sat with Eric Holder on an airplane once story...

Only Dem's?

This guy has to be a Tea Party extremist.

My link

Only because I don't recall them. The initiation of violence or the threat of same is WRONG no matter who is on the receiving end! This concept goes back to the days of Jefferson. It's not new. Liberty demands tolerance and what was done to Democrats, Republicans, etc or threatened is not permissible in a free society.

Look, I'm clearly not a fan of Barack Obama, but wish him dead? NO! Ten thousand times NO! We are free to disagree and speak out openly & Loudly. We are not permitted more then that.

What blinders? The ones that require an article to contain the answers to who-what-where-when-why? The article you posted has *none* of that; just a Koch brother claiming something allegedly occurred. Does Newsmax's readership not require actual substance from their articles?

Nevermind; don't answer that...

What blinders? The ones that require an article to contain the answers to who-what-where-when-why? The article you posted has *none* of that; just a Koch brother claiming something allegedly occurred. Does Newsmax's readership not require actual substance from their articles?

Nevermind; don't answer that...

I'll answer it anyway.

First, To me personally, The Koch Brothers are just two Crony Capitalists who happen to be conservative. No different than George Soros, another Crony Capitalist who happens to be Liberal. None the less nothing more than two wings on the same bird of prey.

When I saw the article I thought, "OK, Let;s see what it has to say" Beyond his words, not very much. Then I thought "Why would he lie" The answer is nothing! He's preaching to the choir at Newsmax so not much incentive to lie. If he were being interviewed by the NY Tunes, then he has a reason to lie to advance his personal political agenda.

Lastly I tend to take people at their word until they prove unworthy. I have no reason to doubt him because sadly it's a sign of the times. Civility is gone and death threats are a way of life for a public figure.

Latest posts

Back