Delta cements standing as America's worst miles program by removing award chart from website

now you've done it..   we're gonna see never ending miles in trail why this is such a strategic and brilliant move....   

he just posted a link to the article    yes im the one who said a negative thing w my statement bec that one poster always finds a way to make dl look the best despite what the reality of some of the best truly is. 

• Banned
southwind said:
And here he is again. Pandering whatever negativity he can about a company he doesn't work for, while helping infiltrate said company, with a union he doesn't represent!
Its called news, learn the meaning of Media, you know it was reported by USA Today, and flyers are complaining about Delta and its changes, me I just posted a link to a NEWS article.

Infiltrate?

I mean really? I am not in the CIA, get a grip.

Facts Please.... Prove to me what you are saying is true, just dont show me links!   LOL

and yet DL has the highest yield among US carriers.

suppose that the people who actually BUY DL tickets find more than enough value in what they buy?

the point of a company is to maximize revenues, not see who can give away the most awards.

no, the subject IS whether a company is profitable or whether they need to give away their product.

it hasn't dawned on some people that rewards are really admissions that the product needs to be given away in order to win customers.

DL gives away less because the product is worth more.

• Banned
No I am the OP and the thread is about how the DL's FF program has been cut.

Nothing in the OP about profits.

There are two things at play here -- not only did they eliminate the route award chart, but they've also eliminated low-mileage awards within two weeks of travel.

http://crankyflier.com/2015/02/09/delta-earns-a-cranky-jackass-award-for-requiring-several-week-advance-purchase-to-book-low-level-domestic-awards-and-not-telling-anyone/

Go ahead and talk about how profitable DL is, but that's not going to last if they keep alienating everyone except for the people who don't have the ability to choose who they fly.

Something else to ponder... if DL is willing to drop all pretenses of transparency with its customers, why should employees expect them to get transparency in their day to day dealings with the company?...

Hope777 said:
So WHY has the chart been Cut?
I may be wrong (unlike WT, I readily admit when I'm guessing and making things up), but my guess is that Delta prefers to keep its customers in the dark just like the mushrooms, as informed consumers aren't as easy to fleece or take advantage of as the ones who lack information. Just like the earlier decision to pull all flight info from Expert Flyer and other end-user sites. Uninformed consumers might be more profitable customers (at least that's the DL plan and they're sticking to it).

This is the key part of Cranky's article:

That means you have to go through the booking process and will only be told the mileage required during a search. Delta is notorious for not having awards price correctly. Now it won’t matter because you won’t know what it was supposed to be in the first place.
Exactly. Informed customers are too savvy and uninformed customers are easier prey for the unscrupulous, like Delta.

You know it is like a fare hike. If it has a negative effect on yields or the number of butts in the seats then there will be a change. If not.... Someone did their job right and made more money for me and the company . If they calculated that this would have as much effect on the quality customers I doubt they would change anything.

Back