Delta F/A Re-run Election?

I think this is more relevant.]

And that is what was so hypocritical about Reagan--he was PRESIDENT of SAG (he didn't have to run), touted this in the video link I posted and yet he busted PATCO.
But when you think about it, none of this is truly relevant to the thread I started. Suggestion: start another topic header.

And that is what was so hypocritical about Reagan--he was PRESIDENT of SAG (he didn't have to run), touted this in the video link I posted and yet he busted PATCO.
But when you think about it, none of this is truly relevant to the thread I started. Suggestion: start another topic header.

Well maybe you should think before posting or were you trying to make some kind of absurd point?

Well maybe you should think before posting or were you trying to make some kind of absurd point?

Just showing, despite your contention, that Reagan was not just a compulsory member (to get work) of SAG--he ran for and was elected their PRESIDENT!! Then, in the campaign video that I linked, he is PROUD of the fact that he was President of a union--SAG. This discounts your earlier point that he was just in the union in order to get work..like all actors.
Finally, you mentioned PATCO, which indeed begins the timeline of Republicans' disdain and desire to bust unions--be they Public or Private.
Listen, to be honest, I don't cotton to getting into a debate with someone who has no real connection with the job of flight attendant..but more than that, someone who quotes Michelle Bachmann on her online signature. Michelle Bachmann? Seriously?? :lol:

Just showing, despite your contention, that Reagan was not just a compulsory member (to get work) of SAG--he ran for and was elected their PRESIDENT!! Then, in the campaign video that I linked, he is PROUD of the fact that he was President of a union--SAG. This discounts your earlier point that he was just in the union in order to get work..like all actors.
Finally, you mentioned PATCO, which indeed begins the timeline of Republicans' disdain and desire to bust unions--be they Public or Private.
Listen, to be honest, I don't cotton to getting into a debate with someone who has no real connection with the job of flight attendant..but more than that, someone who quotes Michelle Bachmann on her online signature. Michelle Bachmann? Seriously?? :lol:

Yes seriously.

For dapose, it makes perfect sense:
Michele Marie Bachmann

She's crazy

If you give Michele Bachmann a microphone, there's a pretty solid chance she'll say something stupid. The kinds of statements that leave you speechless - not because you don't know how to respond, but because there is no applicable response to gibberish.

Here's a sampling of her work:

"Don't Palinize Me!"

"Not all cultures are equal."

"We're running out of rich people in this country."

""I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out then under another Democrat president Jimmy Carter. And I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence."

"Little children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal and natural and perhaps they should try it."

Michele Bachmann's statements are so inane that at some level, one has must cut her some slack. Why? No human can be that much of a dick. No real person acts like that. Maybe she's mentally ill. And if that's the case, it's just weird that we'd call an escaped mental patient a dick.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For dapose, it makes perfect sense:
Michele Marie Bachmann

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats right, shes my gal! Anyone who absolutely terrifies the liberal snobs has my vote.

i-cant-wait-header.gif

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by dapoes
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by southwind
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by dapoes

The insignificant twins have found their rhythm. :lol:

You are still out of your league son. And obviously you didn't read the full article either.

From SAG own website:

Fi-Core/FPNM are viewed as scabs or anti-union by SAG members, directors, and writers—most of whom also belong to entertainment unions.

So can you refuse to pay/join? Yes of course. Will you be able to get work? Nope. Why? Read the line above. You know exactly why they wont get work.

I've known many people in the entertainment industry for years, so what you think you know....you are ignorant of.

You may be somewhat of hack union so called expert in the airline industry but in the entertainment industry you are clueless as ever.

All the major Entertainment/Hollywood unions have members who have gone fi-core or Fees Paying Non-Member

SAG, DGA, WGA, AFTRA..........now according to you, these "Non-Members" would never be able to find work in the industry.

This taken from one of your posts earlier in this thread....

Can you be a dues objector? Yes. But you will never be hired for any work. Ever.
They have a had lockout in the industry for decades.

Ever heard of these guys?

Jon Voight

Quentin Tarantino

George Lucas

George Clooney

I don't think these guys and all the other fi cores would agree with your assertion that being a Non-member means they're never working again.

You claimed you know people in the entertainment industry .......perhaps they're just as woefully misinformed as you.

All the major Entertainment/Hollywood unions have members who have gone fi-core or Fees Paying Non-Member

SAG, DGA, WGA, AFTRA..........now according to you, these "Non-Members" would never be able to find work in the industry.

This taken from one of your posts earlier in this thread....

Ever heard of these guys?

Jon Voight

Quentin Tarantino

George Lucas

George Clooney

I don't think these guys and all the other fi cores would agree with your assertion that being a Non-member means they're never working again.

You claimed you know people in the entertainment industry .......perhaps they're just as woefully misinformed as you.

You are wrong and out of your league as well son. Like I said, I have known many in the entertainment and radio industry for years that would disagree with the propaganda that come from SAG and the other associated unions. Ranging from actors to technicians to script writers to on air personalities. They paint a much different REAL LIFE story then your fantasy copy and paste. And I can bet that when your examples were starting out, they had no other choice to join a union.

It's even alluded to on SAG' s very own site.

From SAG own website:

Fi-Core/FPNM are viewed as scabs or anti-union by SAG members, directors, and writers—most of whom also belong to entertainment unions.

Stick to what you know. Obviously nothing.

You are wrong and out of your league as well son. Like I said, I have known many in the entertainment and radio industry for years that would disagree with the propaganda that come from SAG and the other associated unions. Ranging from actors to technicians to script writers to on air personalities. They paint a much different REAL LIFE story then your fantasy copy and paste. And I can bet that when your examples were starting out, they had no other choice to join a union.

It's even alluded to on SAG' s very own site.

From SAG own website:

Stick to what you know. Obviously nothing.

You're proven wrong and now you try to change the context of your argument.

These are your words before I had posted even once in this thread.

Can you be a dues objector? Yes. But you will never be hired for any work. Ever.
They have a had lockout in the industry for decades.

The names I've provided are just some of the most recognized in Hollywood, they of course are not the only ones, but they serve the purpose of disproving you

And please spare me your inane blather of what is "REAL LIFE" because you "know" somebody....wow, now thats credible

If its fantasy ... REFUTE IT!

Otherwise you're just another sad example of someone who lacks the moral character to admit when they're wrong

You're proven wrong and now you try to change the context of your argument.

These are your words before I had posted even once in this thread.

The names I've provided are just some of the most recognized in Hollywood, they of course are not the only ones, but they serve the purpose of disproving you

And please spare me your inane blather of what is "REAL LIFE" because you "know" somebody....wow, now thats credible

If its fantasy ... REFUTE IT!

Otherwise you're just another sad example of someone who lacks the moral character to admit when they're wrong

What sad is people like yourself trying to be an authority on subjects you are clueless about. Typical union dolt.

What sad is people like yourself trying to be an authority on subjects you are clueless about. Typical union dolt.

Is that it? Attack to deflect?

Even the most casual of observers to the thread cans see I made no claims of authority, and your increasingly juvenile attempts at retort serve only to emphasize my point.

You may call me any name you wish, it wont change that you are wrong and simply lack the character to admit it

Latest posts

Back