Delta reaches deal to avoid pilot layoffs.

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines' started by Kev3188, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

2. swamt

swamt Veteran

Read that this morning Kev., and was wondering something. What was the ask before in talks about the minimum pay, wasn't it around 15%? If so and now Delta is willing to have 5% for the remaining Pilots to stay onboard then it is clear that the 15% ask at first was clearly over padded by 10%.
    Your right it will be interesting to see how the vote goes as 5% in my mind would be doable with snap back clauses and a die date set.
    Also very glad to hear they might avoid layoffs at the big D, hopefully we can too...

3. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

Keeping furloughees on payroll at 30% seems like a reasonable trade-off vs. asking everyone to take a bigger cut.

It still sucks somewhat for the furloughees, but they'll keep their insurance, which in my book is the far biggest hit to anyone being furloughed. There are ways to replace income, but replacing a good insurance plan is almost impossible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NewHampshire Black Bears

#4 NewHampshire Black Bears, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    If I was a senior Captain, that had suffered thru NO CONTRACTS, then CRAPPY Contracts, and was FINALLY at top pay, Flying ATL to LHR, CDG, FRA, ZRH, or #1 on a 777, I would NOT give those Bastards back, one F Red Cent !!! Life is not always Fair !!

5. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

I haven't seen the specifics, but I don't think anyone at the top gave anything back. This was all about keeping people on the property- not just because it makes for a good news story, but because DL desperately needs to keep the A220's staffed...

• Useful Useful x 1