Delta to Keep 14 of Oldest Narrow-Body Jets on Failed Pilot Vote

Stupid premise.

Airlines have now tried to tie aircraft orders to CBA'S.

I am glad to see the unions slamming the door on that tactic.

Actually ALPA just agreed to a 2 year contract extension at UA and UA promised to order a bunch of 100 seaters for mainline, so ALPA flip flops, and this is pending membership ratification.

Reactions: 1 person
keeping high paying jets that everyone likes more than the 739s.........
yeah i'm sure the pilots are realllllllly up set right now. Maybe punish them some more and add some 777s.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Glenn Quagmire said:
Stupid premise.

Airlines have now tried to tie aircraft orders to CBA'S.

I am glad to see the unions slamming the door on that tactic.
 exactly. Labor doesn't buy airplanes. 

Sadly ALPA keeps agreeing to TAs with it, members have started rejecting it thankfully. 
700UW said:
Actually ALPA just agreed to a 2 year contract extension at UA and UA promised to order a bunch of 100 seaters for mainline, so ALPA flip flops, and this is pending membership ratification.
I would be shocked if United's pilots fall for this again. They were "promised" a 100 seater in the last contract. 

Unless it is in writing, with a time table on getting the airplanes.......its complete crap. 

topDawg said:
I would be shocked if United's pilots fall for this again. They were "promised" a 100 seater in the last contract. 

Unless it is in writing, with a time table on getting the airplanes.......its complete crap.
Are you sure about that?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-21/united-airlines-reaches-proposed-two-year-labor-deal-with-pilots

United’s letter, written by Senior Vice President Douglas McKeen, also said United would order a fleet of 100-seat jetliners from either Bombardier Inc. or Embraer SA if the two sides could agree on a two-year extension. Airlines often dangle the promise of a new jet order -- which means more jobs for pilots -- as an incentive to approve a labor contract.

Watch out for McKeen, his a condom, dealt with him at US during bankruptcy part 2 negotiations, he is a Glass protege.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
Are you sure about that?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-21/united-airlines-reaches-proposed-two-year-labor-deal-with-pilots

Watch out for McKeen, his a condom, dealt with him at US during bankruptcy part 2 negotiations, he is a Glass protege.
sure about what exactly? 

the current contract UA has is basically the same as Delta's. (I am pretty sure the section is literally a copy and paste.)
In it they say they will be 88 100 seat jets (E-jets or c-series) in exchange for more 76 seat jets.   

Unions have been doing this for years.
IIRC USair had a Jet4Jobs program.
IAM at UA had liens on UA property at SFO and Indy.
Job protections, didn't work out too well for UA... :p

700UW said:
McKeen was VP For labor relations for all ground at NWA during the glory years from 1986-2000. Ugh.

Glenn Quagmire said:
You have to admit Kev. There was no gray area during those times. We were a labor force to be reckoned with.
True, but what do you have to show for that today?

eolesen said:
True, but what do you have to show for that today?
My integrity and honor.

I also have a much better career. It was clear where we were headed. The industry is not what it used to be, nor will it ever be.

I was not willing to work for what they were offering so I voted to have a job that would have been worth coming back to if we did go on strike or laid off.

The labor force at NWA back during those times generally had good relationships with the management because there was no grey area. Everyone followed the contract. After Y2K, things began to change.

Reactions: 4 people