Deutsche Bank issues warning about U.S. Dollar

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
DB issued a statement yesterday warning investors about the falling strength of the U.S. Dollar. The dollar has lost 11% of its value since January (measured against a basket of its peer currencies). The DB analyst also did not see any improvement in the dollar value any time soon.

Just FYI. Draw your own conclusions, though I would suggest that you not waste time if you are planning an overseas vacation. Seems it getting more expensive by the day.

I think it reflects what most of the rest of the industrialized nations think of our leader. No confidence and falling strength.

I think it reflects what most of the rest of the industrialized nations think of our leader. No confidence and falling strength.

So it was the same way when Obama had our credit rating lowered?

S&P in 2011:

"The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's medium-term debt dynamics."

"More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011."

"Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes uspessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics anytime soon."

What was it, twice under Obama?

Last edited:
Reactions: cltrat

S&P in 2011:

"The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's medium-term debt dynamics."

"More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011."

"Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes uspessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics anytime soon."

A couple of things you might not be aware of....Obama isn't the president anymore, and isn't S&P the same group that gave AAA ratings to the steaming piles of dung that were sold as "mortgage backed securities"?

Tell the MSM that.

Why? The MSM is reporting on the dear leader. He refers to them as "fake news" and then HE mentions Obama (or Hillary) and the clones repeat it. I do believe that NHBB nailed it in his thread about conservative debating points consisting of "yeah but" ....Watch how this works:

The conservatives have been critical of the growing debt, so they passed a tax bill that will increase debt by another trillion and a half (at least).

Wait for the responses.

Why? The MSM is reporting on the dear leader. He refers to them as "fake news" and then HE mentions Obama (or Hillary) and the clones repeat it. I do believe that NHBB nailed it in his thread about conservative debating points consisting of "yeah but" ....Watch how this works:

The conservatives have been critical of the growing debt, so they passed a tax bill that will increase debt by another trillion and a half (at least).

Wait for the responses.

Best thing for the left is not to have Trump's actions spur the economy, create jobs, put more people on the tax rolls and off the dole, increase fed tax revenue and reduce the debt while cutting the size and breadth of the federal bureaucracy.

Its hard to believe the democrats supported his tax bill.

Best thing for the left is not to have Trump's actions spur the economy, create jobs, put more people on the tax rolls and off the dole, increase fed tax revenue and reduce the debt while cutting the size and breadth of the federal bureaucracy.

Its hard to believe the democrats supported his tax bill.
Nope. I hope the economy thrives, however the dear leader seems to feel that the stock market is a great indicator of the economy. I don't think his tax cut is going to create jobs. While corporations have a lot of money stored offshore, they also have a lot of ultra cheap labor stored offshore as well. I can't see them bringing billions of dollars back home to the good old USA so that they can create some jobs that create an increase in their labor costs. This would not be good for shareholders as increased labor costs cut into profits.

And increased labor costs can also be construed as increasing the pay of the lowly workers who create the product or service. This would reduce profits, and thus reduce shareholder value. Sure...AT&T tossed a thousand dollar bribe to their employees to show their gratitude for the tax cut, but they also plan on laying off 1,000 employees in 2018. And I sincerely doubt that they will increase the pay (an actual raise) that would translate into more money for the workers on an ongoing basis. And...people like to say corporations don't pay taxes, they just pass them on to the consumer...they just got a 15% cut in taxes - will they pass THAT along to the consumer? I am not holding my breath.

You know....the democrats tried to introduce a change to the tax bill that would punish corporations who used the tax cut to buy back stock. The republicans nixed that, which means that they found it to be a fine use for the money. So I kind of think that this is where most of the offshore money will go. You know...make the rich even richer.

Nope. I hope the economy thrives, however the dear leader seems to feel that the stock market is a great indicator of the economy. I don't think his tax cut is going to create jobs. While corporations have a lot of money stored offshore, they also have a lot of ultra cheap labor stored offshore as well. I can't see them bringing billions of dollars back home to the good old USA so that they can create some jobs that create an increase in their labor costs. This would not be good for shareholders as increased labor costs cut into profits.

And increased labor costs can also be construed as increasing the pay of the lowly workers who create the product or service. This would reduce profits, and thus reduce shareholder value. Sure...AT&T tossed a thousand dollar bribe to their employees to show their gratitude for the tax cut, but they also plan on laying off 1,000 employees in 2018. And I sincerely doubt that they will increase the pay (an actual raise) that would translate into more money for the workers on an ongoing basis. And...people like to say corporations don't pay taxes, they just pass them on to the consumer...they just got a 15% cut in taxes - will they pass THAT along to the consumer? I am not holding my breath.

You know....the democrats tried to introduce a change to the tax bill that would punish corporations who used the tax cut to buy back stock. The republicans nixed that, which means that they found it to be a fine use for the money. So I kind of think that this is where most of the offshore money will go. You know...make the rich even richer.

Then time to join the club.

Then time to join the club.

What club? Everybody thinks that they are "shareholders" because they have a 401K, so they'll benefit immensely from a stock buyback. But the number of shares they have is actually pretty miniscule - and just 32% of Americans even have a 401K. And....stock buybacks don't create jobs.

Heck... a fine example of what corporate America will do when they have extra cash onhand....UAL had some abysmal customer service ratings. Customers weren't happy. They also had some extra cash. Now...they COULD have used that extra cash to hire staff to train...they COULD have used that extra cash to hire staff to address customer concerns. But they bought back a shitload of stock instead. And in the process created zero jobs.

S&P in 2011:

I realize those are complicated concepts and some might have difficulty comprehending them. But "Congress and the Administration" means they are saying it is because of more than just the president. You put Congress in bold. Try to pay more attention to what you post.

Last edited:

Wait for the responses.

They are liars or hypocrites, well, probably both. Things will change this year when Pelosi is Speaker again. :)

I realize those are complicated concepts and some might have difficulty comprehending them. But "Congress and the Administration" means they are saying it is because of more than just the president. You put Congress in bold. Try to pay more attention to what you post.

Thank God you are here to help us plebes out.

They are liars or hypocrites, well, probably both. Things will change this year when Pelosi is Speaker again. :)

She's on alzheimers meds.......get a new hero.