Dfw Growth Plan

FL_HQ

Nov 22, 2003
I saw some evidence of what will likely comprise the DFW mini-hub roll-out. Can't be more specific.

May 2004
3 to Los Angeles (LAX), Tampa with 1, Baltimore increases to 2

July 2004
2 to San Francisco (SFO), Ft. Lauderdale with 1, Orlando increases to 2

Fall 2004
Tampa increases to 3, Ft. Lauderdale increases to 2, Orlando to 3, Chicago Midway with 3, Philadelphia with 1

References to Phoenix and New York (LGA), but no dates. Everything is on the 717. No mention of Denver, Houston, or New Orleans which is surprising.

Can the 717 handle some of those routes (like DFW-SFO) without any payload restrictions?

And no service to HOU and MSY makes perfect sense. FL could never compete with the frequency WN offers in those markets from DAL. That's why FL is expanding to the long-haul markets out of DFW that WN can't serve from DAL due to the Wright Amendment.

"July 2004
2 to San Francisco (SFO), Ft. Lauderdale with 1, Orlando increases to 2"

"Can the 717 handle some of those routes (like DFW-SFO) without any payload restrictions?"

The 737s will be on the property in June.

Bonanza

ringmaruf said:
Can the 717 handle some of those routes (like DFW-SFO) without any payload restrictions?
Minneapolis-Orlando (flown today) is almost the same flying time as Dallas-San Francisco.

FL_HQ said:
I saw some evidence of what will likely comprise the DFW mini-hub roll-out. Can't be more specific.

May 2004
3 to Los Angeles (LAX), Tampa with 1, Baltimore increases to 2

July 2004
2 to San Francisco (SFO), Ft. Lauderdale with 1, Orlando increases to 2

Fall 2004
Tampa increases to 3, Ft. Lauderdale increases to 2, Orlando to 3, Chicago Midway with 3, Philadelphia with 1

References to Phoenix and New York (LGA), but no dates. Everything is on the 717. No mention of Denver, Houston, or New Orleans which is surprising.
FL HQ,

Although your post does provide for some interesting cockpit banter, as long as i've been in this business I don't believe anything until I see it. With that being said I think those cities would be profitable for FL.

I can't believe that someone with the name FL_HQ would be telling competitors what their plan is! (Assuming you are really part of FL_HQ). That is just not smart.

This plan is hardly surprising.

MSP-MCO is 1310 miles
FLL-MKE is 1243 miles
ATL-DEN is 1199 miles
DFW-SFO is 1464 miles + stronger headwind issues due to e/w route. I'm not sure I believe the 717 can do it.

(I think these are statute miles).

funguy2 said:
I can't believe that someone with the name FL_HQ would be telling competitors what their plan is! (Assuming you are really part of FL_HQ). That is just not smart.
Since there is nothing even the least bit surprising in this plan, I suspect it will do little damage.

Back