Did SWA Employee violates TSA regs on TV?

Jim,

I suppose with all those US issues over the years you are good at getting this info. What was the joke about the cheatline being a waterline on the US jets?

At any rate, can you find the tapes from the SWA jet that taxied onto the runway at ONT during the UAL t/o. While you are at it you can produce some of the various US ones too. Trim, Radar W/S, De-ice,???

Is your entire mission in life to down SWA?

You must not have made it past the first interview.

You now have earned the first spot on my ignore list.

Continue to have a miserable good life.

What was the joke about the cheatline being a waterline on the US jets?
Yep, that made the rounds for awhile. Don't remember the flight number off the top of my head, but it was the attempted aborted T/O at LGA - rwy 31 - I believe.

I've yet to meet an airline pilot that wasn't human, and thus capable of making mistakes. That's why I don't go around taking potshots at any airline's pilots while cautioning a "wait for the investigation" or "it was the other crew's fault" approach when it comes to my airline.

I have read remarks by a few that thought they were better than everyone else, though.

Jim

"There but for the grace of God..." go we. Any pilot who hasn't been lucky on occasion hasn't flown very much.

Busdriver, your comments re Jet Blue pilots were off the charts. Would not want you on my team. Mil or civ. Go back and look thru the archives of your posts. SWA sure dodged a bullet by UAL hiring you.

Is Mags one of UAL's EEOC-directed mercy hires? Did he top 100 hrs PIC turbo last month? UAL's pilot group is embedded with the least competent Captains in the industry. Sat on a JS with a UAL Captain to IAD last month. Her third landing was SMOOOOOTH! Too bad it was only supposed to be one touchdown.

You guys should concentrate on turning UAL around instead of trying to make yourselves feel better by making others look bad.

"There but for the grace of God..." go we. Any pilot who hasn't been lucky on occasion hasn't flown very much.

Busdriver, your comments re Jet Blue pilots were off the charts. Would not want you on my team. Mil or civ. Go back and look thru the archives of your posts. SWA sure dodged a bullet by UAL hiring you.

Is Mags one of UAL's EEOC-directed mercy hires? Did he top 100 hrs PIC turbo last month? UAL's pilot group is embedded with the least competent Captains in the industry. Sat on a JS with a UAL Captain to IAD last month. Her third landing was SMOOOOOTH! Too bad it was only supposed to be one touchdown.

You guys should concentrate on turning UAL around instead of trying to make yourselves feel better by making others look bad.

And you prove, once again to be a sexist and Bigot. If that's the type pilot SWA hires, then I dodged a bullet by choosing not to be associated with them. I'll take one of those "EEOC hires (most of whom were MORE qualified than you) over a Navy Bigot any day. :down:

Rhino,

In the past, I have been critical of Busdrvr, but I have to honestly say that recently his posts have lacked any "flame bait". I can't say the same for mags, but I think that bussie's posts have become more informative and observational. If bus appears to be turning over a new leaf, maybe you could too.

What new leaf should I turn over, KC?

Bus calls me a sexist and a bigot because I pointed out that EEOC forced UAL to hire FAR less qualified females and minorities and now those "special track" pilots are in the left seat? Nice try, Bus. No intellectually honest person would assert that. It's the kind of statement Tawanna Sharpton would make.

I made the comment only to point out the hypocrisy of his disparagement of JB pilots. And for the record I've seen worse and performed worse landings myself.

Then to further assert that said individuals have somehow morphed into pilots MORE qualified than those with far more experience is just nonsense.

Just like choosing a doctor, I want the BEST qualified individual, not one who meets the minimum standards, in the cockpit.

Just like choosing a doctor, I want the BEST qualified individual, not one who meets the minimum standards, in the cockpit.

The Capt in the FLL incident is an ex AF pilot and HE is also a HE.

What new leaf should I turn over, KC?

Bus calls me a sexist and a bigot because I pointed out that EEOC forced UAL to hire FAR less qualified females and minorities and now those "special track" pilots are in the left seat? Nice try, Bus. No intellectually honest person would assert that. It's the kind of statement Tawanna Sharpton would make.

I made the comment only to point out the hypocrisy of his disparagement of JB pilots. And for the record I've seen worse and performed worse landings myself.

Then to further assert that said individuals have somehow morphed into pilots MORE qualified than those with far more experience is just nonsense.

REally? So in your bigotted world, you get the best qualified person by limiting yourself to only people willing to buy their own type rating? Seems to me if you really wanted JUST the best, YOU'D HIRE THE BEST AND TRAIN THEM YOURSELF.

But just be clear for the rest of us Rhino the Bigot, does SWA have differant (lower) de facto standards to get an interview for women and minorities?

But just be clear for the rest of us Rhino the Bigot, does SWA have differant (lower) de facto standards to get an interview for women and minorities?

Saw this on another board. Interesting......

Dear Pilot:

We are honored by your interest in Southwest Airlines and especially our Pilot Open House! We know you were looking forward to this event, as were we. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the Open House for this year based on recent changes in our hiring numbers. Gary Kelly, our CEO, announced plans to reduce our growth from eight to six percent to ensure continued stability for current and future Employees. With this change, our current pool of Candidates, selected from completed interviews, will sufficiently accommodate our Pilot hiring needs for the foreseeable future.

Though we are humbly asking for your flexibility and don’t mean to discourage you in any way, you deserve an honest, accurate picture of our hiring outlook. And, we wanted you to know this information as soon as possible. Please know that you are encouraged and welcome to update your application online at southwest.com on a monthly basis. Our sincere hope is that you will continue to consider Southwest for future employment as we believe Southwest is truly the best place to work.

Sincerely,
Flight Operations Recruiting
People & Leadership Development

Nice tries, Dumb and Dumber. When SWA required type ratings, all had to have that rating. Not just the commercial/instrument that UAL required and most 250 hr yahoos possessed.

To assert that UAL hires only the most qualified pilots is laughable. Wait admit, UAL doesn't hire anyone. Should have use "hired."

Bus, your Sharpton imitation is really funny. You should go back and read how foolish you sound.

Mags, Oh My God! A white male pilot screwed up? You've got to be kidding!

Nice tries, Dumb and Dumber. When SWA required type ratings, all had to have that rating. Not just the commercial/instrument that UAL required and most 250 hr yahoos possessed.

To assert that UAL hires only the most qualified pilots is laughable. Wait admit, UAL doesn't hire anyone. Should have use "hired."

Bus, your Sharpton imitation is really funny. You should go back and read how foolish you sound.

you're a little behind the time whino, UAL is currently accepting applications, are you?

And by the way, none of those "yahoo's ran off the end of midway and killed a kid. But I guess the guy who did was much more qualified than the new-hires everywhere else. :rolleyes:

FOR THE RECORD, you have once again intentionally LIED about my previous post. It's something you have consistantly done. I have to believe it's intentional because you couldn't possibly be that slow. NOT ONCE DID I SAY UAL'S PILOTS WERE MORE QUALIFIED THAN SWA's. NOT ONCE. You on the other hand made a sexist and bigotted comment about UAL pilots. Since you made that comment, could you kindly give us an example of someone who was hired and was "unqualified"?

I countered your obsurd remark simply by pointing out that SWA EXCLUDED probably about 80-90% of the otherwise qualified pilots seeking work by requiring them to pay a "$8000 application fee" (as if that type rating wasn't anything other than a waste of time).

UAL aggressively recruited minority and women applicants. From those interviewed a LOWER percent were hired than for the "white male" applicants. White males still made up a VAST majority of new pilots at UAL. It's time for you to move on. You didn't make it thru the process because they rightly determined that you were a jerk. SWA didn't figure it out. You got lucky.

We can get low hour pilots experience, but being a jerk and bigot is permanent. I'll take our low hour guys, and SWA can enjoy its jerk.

Rhino "taking it like a man..."
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/12110/

Not only was he a white male but I think he is a ring knocker also.

Sorry to hear the rodeo is not accepting apps for new clowns. What will all the guys do with their fun money they spent to get the SWA jobs in the past? Does this mean the end of the "handshake" type ratings to get the job, oh that is a handshake with at least 7K in the hand though.

"ding" you are now free to leave the company.

[quote name='I'mRayFlyMe' post='506208' date='Jul 23 2007, 02:28 AM']Less filling...

Tastes great...[/quote]
Sorry Ray, I think it's less filling cuz it tastes so bad. :bleh:

Busboy, nice revisionist history. AFAIK, no other major airline has "special track" pilots. Your statement is absurd in the extreme.

My beef with you was regarding Jet Blue pilot comments you made. You might want to enroll in a Sylvan reading comprehension class. They (your comments) are in the archives, so refresh your memory and realize how absurd your statements on this site have proven.

Mags, I assume by "ringknocker" you mean a USAFA grad. So what? FWIW that term has historically (and perjoritively) been ascribed to West Pointers, whose presence in commercial aviation is negligible since the '66 grads of USMA were allowed to select USAF/USN, flew combat in SEA and then retired. Nice group to denigrate, heh?

Since '66 DOD only allowed prior-service, children of KIA/active/retired members of those services to be commmisioned outside the Army. But that was long ago and I don't know the regs anymore.

You two clowns best take your very tired and ignorant acts elswhere. Try back to UAL, where your CEO is making money hands-over-fist at the expense of you former "employee-owners."

Back