Did the Ebola patient fly on DL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev3188 said:
Baba or Meto--

Has Occ. Health given you guys any sort of resources on how to deal with this?
Besides what is on the portal we also receive a info sheet in our Purser package. 
Has a more in depth explanation, signs, symptoms etc.

The only reason the thread is here is because DL was the only airline of the three not to say anything, and their stock got hit harder than anyone elses in part because of their silence.

Tomorrow, UA will get hit.

The CDC typically notifies an airline when it learns that an infectious person traveled on that carrier. The airline then turns over the flight manifest to the CDC, and health officials notify other passengers while the airline deals with crew members.

In this case, the CDC told United but not the public what flights the man took. In an interview Wednesday with the AP, Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the CDC, suggested that doing so would divert public-health resources away from controlling an outbreak of the virus. He said the CDC was focused on finding and tracking anyone who came in contact with Duncan after he began showing symptoms.
If this is the case, then their spokesperson lied when they said "The CDC has not shared specific patient information that would allow us to confirm whether the travelers itinerary involved United" in the article I quoted earlier.

Call me a DL hater if you will, but there's a big difference between my views on the airline and my views of its primary volunteer cheerleader.

eolesen said:
The only reason the thread is here is because DL was the only airline of the three not to say anything, and their stock got hit harder than anyone elses in part because of their silence.

If this is the case, then their spokesperson lied when they said "The CDC has not shared specific patient information that would allow us to confirm whether the travelers itinerary involved United" in the article I quoted earlier.

Call me a DL hater if you will, but there's a big difference between my views on the airline and my views of its primary volunteer cheerleader.
Maybe the TSA needs to start checking for viruses also, before letting passengers through.

no, E, DL stock did not get hit harder because they said nothing.

DL doesn't have to speculate on every rumor including yours which was patently false.

In fact, by saying anything, DL would have fanned the flames in the media - which are way overblown regarding this disease.

it is a human tragedy in Africa. But Africa is not the USA. The USA has some of the best doctors and researchers in the world. Africans struggle to find clean running water and soap.

And lest you forget, the two airlines that are closest to the Ebola paranoia at Presbyterian Hospital Dallas (or whatever it is called) are AA and WN. DL is just small potatoes in Dallas, as you would tell us.

Feel free to live in your plastic bubble of comfort, WT. It's probably a safe option right now.

I actually just drove past the hospital in question, E.

I'm in no bubble.

You threw out a suggestion - perhaps even a rumor - that the patient flew DL without any facts.

You were proven wrong and there is still no evidence that there was any impact to any passengers even on the SN/UA flights. It's the CDC's job, not the media's, to hype how the patient flew and scare people. your suggestion that UA's stock should fall is precisely the emotional based non-sense that is far too frequent on this site and in which you are one of the chief ringleaders.

There is no evidence there was a risk to ANY airline, and esp. not DL who came anywhere near the passenger.

Q was right yesterday. The thread should be closed.

Your attempts at getting attention by posting the thread - first on the WN site and now here - backfired.

I know it's impossible for you to see anything beyond your blinders, but the reason I posted here, again, was because DL was entirely silent on the issue.

With KLM/AF as a partner, the likelihood that he flew on a DL partner was pretty high. The likelihood of flying on SN was also high, but UA had already issued their incorrect denial.

If you can't connect those dots, too bad.

I'd asked the moderators 12 hours ago to move the thread over to UA. They chose not to act. Since you seem to have a special connection with them, perhaps you could get it moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back