Dispatchers Side Geeks & Hustle

safetyfirst

Feb 16, 2024
I know I know we work full time in Ops, but throw some suggestions for OFF days. Most people can't just sit at home & looking to hustle up for some money.

The Aircraft dispatcher working 4 days On- and 3 days Off, what extra can we do to get some cash flow? Obviously had to pay bills!

Error Code- Please no BS suggestions like UBER/postmates or Grubhub craps!

I've been running a subscription video gaming website. Nowhere near a replacement income but it's something to do on my three days off.

I know I know we work full time in Ops, but throw some suggestions for OFF days. Most people can't just sit at home & looking to hustle up for some money.

The Aircraft dispatcher working 4 days On- and 3 days Off, what extra can we do to get some cash flow? Obviously had to pay bills!

Error Code- Please no BS suggestions like UBER/postmates or Grubhub craps!
Yeah sitting whole is a boring thing. Here I have some alternative suggestions for generating extra income on your days off as an aircraft dispatcher:

- Freelance Dispatching Services: Offer your expertise in aircraft dispatching on a freelance basis to smaller airlines, charter companies, or private aircraft owners who may need occasional assistance.

- Online Tutoring: Utilize your knowledge and experience to tutor aspiring dispatchers or students studying aviation-related subjects. Platforms like Tutor.com or Wyzant offer opportunities to connect with students online.

- Consulting: Provide consulting services to aviation companies or start-ups looking to optimize their dispatch operations, improve efficiency, or ensure compliance with regulations.

- Remote Administrative Work: Explore opportunities for remote administrative work in the aviation industry, such as scheduling, logistics coordination, or data analysis.

- Content Creation: Start a blog, YouTube channel, or podcast discussing topics related to aircraft dispatching, aviation safety, or career advice. Monetize your content through ads, sponsorships, or affiliate marketing.

Remember to choose options that align with your skills, interests, and availability, and always be cautious of potential scams or illegitimate opportunities. ;)

Half of those suggestions would likely violate the terms of your primary employment as a conflict of interest.

You can't normally do your "day job" for another company on your days off without permission in advance...