Displacements Recinded

Twicebaked

Veteran
May 22, 2003
I just found out that the company is recinding the 50 displacements to LGA and recalling 50 flight attendants for May. CBS message will be going out.

Anyone that was affected by this, be certain to thank Teddy, your AFA MEC Pres, as she fought hard for 2 days.

Sorry, Twice, it was a lame attempt at humor.

Good news for those that won't be forced to LGA and for those who choose to return from furlough.

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
Sorry, Twice, it was a lame attempt at humor.

Good news for those that won't be forced to LGA and for those who choose to return from furlough.

Jim
[post="252219"][/post]​
I get it now. :)

Well i think calling back 50 is great but sure sucks knowing you are going to be based in LGA. I think most will pass on this one! Its to expensive and the pay is even worse since most trips are one-days (unless that has changed) so you get hardly no perdeum on your check. The company still has no clue in the direction it is going and then the fear of being furlough again every other month hanging over your head....its just a bad situation.

Will be interesting to see how many pass on this round. Only talk of
getting rid of mainline aircraft down the road and not really gaining any...that just doesn't sound good. :down: I wish the company was in a better situation or atleast was atempting to be

cltflyguy said:
Well i think calling back 50 is great but sure sucks knowing you are going to be based in LGA.   I think most will pass on this one!   Its to expensive and the pay is even worse since most trips are one-days (unless that has changed) so you get hardly no perdeum on your check.  The company still has no clue in the direction it is going and then the fear of being furlough again every other month hanging over your head....its just a bad situation.  

Will be interesting to see how many pass on this round.  Only talk of
getting rid of mainline aircraft down the road and not really gaining any...that just doesn't sound good.    :down:    I wish the company was in a better situation or atleast was atempting to be
[post="252296"][/post]​

I don't see in the horizon another INVOL furlough occuring here (unless, for some rason beyond the control of the company, they downsize the airline and a/c get returned). There are many, many f/as that will sign up to exit this once-great carrier for the first release in June. Too bad, we are closest to the cliff... battling fuel prices, low fares, fierce competition, and weak revenue. I can see in my crystall ball, that besides high resignations today and record breaking attrition every month, it will be no time before the co. begins really going through the INVOL list and "recalling" f/as back to mainline that have been gone for 4 years.

This was the premise of the VFLR in our ratified agreement...and the May INVOL recalls of 50 are the first to come back on the mainline property.

For this I am overjoyed. And for the 50 in PHL who will be spared from displacement again, will buy more time for the co to get ready to set up for "recall", send out notices, and get these folks fingerprinted. The job is surely different, but at least it will be a pay raise for the f/as who do come from MAA if they receive "recall" notices.

Keep in mind, that the VFLR will create holes in the bases, and vol. transfers will occur first, and any holes will have to be through displacements.

Personally, I suspect that there will be over 800-1,000 that sign up for this round of releases and they won't be able to go all at once. If it is oversubscribed, you just keep signing up again until your number comes up.

Don't forget, we still have in addition to the VFLR, those who will be retiring every single month. Retirments have tripled since this time last year on a monthly basis.

PS: LGA is a junior base, and many folks who are 10 years seniority hold secondary lines. Unlike other bases that the reserves are at 14-15-16 years. Time is going to LGA, that is certain.

Good job, Teddy!

For those of you who think you might be better off without a union, here's proof how valuable a good leader is to the membership!

If Labor just had more leaders like Teddy, there might be a slim chance of maintaining a middle class in this country.

Dea

Does a refusal to return equate to a resignation?

Is so, when the F/A's being recall find out it's to LGA, the company will quickly clean out the list of names waiting to come back to work here. I suspect they will get 1 or 2 in 10 to come back.

PineyBob said:
You know I'm pretty certain that you and I could make a small fortune debating
[post="252309"][/post]​

You probably are right.... People love to watch people get abused and that is definitely what PITbull would do to you. You wouldn't stand a chance. Not that I would either.

Latest posts

Back