Displacements Recinded

There is no AFA fight on the issue of carrying seniority back to mainline. This was already negotiated and the fight was at the table.

The MAA f/as could have either bypassed going to MAA or stayed on furlough, or work anywhere else. They are still considered furloughed from mainline no matter where they work.

There record is frozen along with their seniority for pay purposes. Their company seniority lives on...

When and if an MAA f/a returns to mainline, their record is "unfrozen". They will have their sick bank available that they left with along with any dependability infractions they had when they left.

This is all in the flow through language. MAA President needs to put this out. I also was told that this was discussed in the MAA training.

BoeingBoy said:
Light Years,

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but a couple of thoughts....

Technically, MDA was not US Airways Inc when it was first started, it was "Material Services, Inc (d/b/a MidAtlantic Airways) until about July '03 when MSI was merged into USAI.

The other thought concerns longevity vs seniority. While I can certainly understand (and agree with) the desire for MDA longevity to count toward USAI longevity, seniority could be a little trickier.

For example, two mainline F/A's were furloughed at the same time, with F/A A being slightly senior to F/A B. F/A B accepts a MDA position but F/A A doesn't. If both come back to mainline, should F/A B now be senior to F/A A, by virtue of time spent at MDA?

Like I said, this isn't my fight - it's something for the F/A group to work out.

Jim
[post="254373"][/post]​

As it was told to me, it's not seniority they are looking for, but longevity. In the above situation F/A A would still be senior to F/A B, but since B was active for a whole year that A chose not to be, they would be above in pay by a year. This issue would be even trickier if Embraer ops were fully integrated, as is the other rumour.

It works that way for the opposite- you bring your mainline longevity and seniority to MAA. If you start there as a five year US F/A, you start at 5 year MAA pay and accrue from there. However, you lose any of that time served upon return to mainline.

Also, MAA F/As have yet to recieve a contract. Legally the company has 90 days to print one unless negotiations are ongoing. The MAA operation has been going for a year and the company has yet to present a finalized contract. They are referring F/As to American Eagle's 1998 contract on Eagle AFA's website, and a letter with the few improvements they were able to establish. The only contract that mentions MAA is the mainline one. The company has supposedly been giving all sorts of excuses, it can not to that hard to print up 350 contracts. There's something going on.

Light,

The fence is up between mainline f/a flying and MAA f/a flying. The company has chosen to consolidate the management.

There is no way that AFA mainline would permit the fence to come down unless the company filed for an 1113C.

Concession #4 from labor would create a shut down of the company.

Latest posts

Back